Perdue fried chicken recipe is a popular dish in many parts of the world. Some people eat it for cultural reasons, and others love the taste of crispy skin after frying it in hot oil.
The most common way to prepare Perdue fried chicken recipe is by cutting pieces of chicken and coating them with flour, salt, pepper, and other seasonings before deep frying for a few minutes in hot oil. After cooking, the chicken pieces have a crunchy crust on the outside while remaining juicy on the inside.
What is the Perdue fried chicken recipe?
The Perdue fried chicken recipe is a dish called Fried Chicken that is cholesterol free and low in fat. The recipe’s name comes from Perdue Farms, which produces 100% natural whole chicken fried in peanut oil.
However, there are other fried chicken recipes with different types of chickens and seasonings you can use to prepare this dish.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 40 Minutes
- Servings: 4 Persons
How to make a Perdue fried chicken recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Perdue fried chicken recipe:
- All-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
- One teaspoon of seasoning salt
- Paprika, one tablespoon
- One tablespoon of powdered garlic
- one teaspoon of onion powder
- Black pepper, one teaspoon
- a half-teaspoon of cayenne
- a half-teaspoon of dried thyme
- A half-teaspoon of dried basil
- Two eggs
- 0.5 cups of milk
- 2 to 3 pounds shredded perdue chicken (drumsticks, thighs, wings, or breast)
- frying with vegetable oil
Instructions For Perdue fried chicken recipe:
Combine the flour, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, and dried basil in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the milk and eggs together in another bowl.
After thoroughly coating each piece of chicken with the seasoned flour mixture, dip it in the egg mixture. Shake any remaining flour out.
Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil to 350°F in a large skillet or deep fryer over medium heat.
Ensure not to overcrowd the pan by placing the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is cooked and golden brown. To ensure even cooking, turn the chicken occasionally.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the oil and drain it on a plate lined with paper towels.
The Perdue fried chicken should be served hot with your preferred side dishes. Enjoy!
Additional Tips For Perdue fried chicken recipe:
- You can brine the chicken for a few hours to keep it moist and tender before coating it with the seasoned flour mixture. Combine 1/4 cup kosher salt and 4 cups of water in a large bowl to make a straightforward brine. Refrigerate the chicken for at least two hours or overnight before adding the pieces.
- Before frying, cover the chicken with the seasoned flour mixture and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. The coating will adhere to the chicken better as a result of this.
- Instead of using a skillet, fry the chicken in a deep fryer. A deep fryer cooks evenly and maintains a constant temperature. Additionally, it lowers the likelihood of oil spills.
- Using a meat thermometer, measure the chicken’s internal temperature to ensure it is fully cooked. When the chicken is fully cooked, the thermometer should read 165°F when inserted into its thickest part.
- To prevent the chicken from becoming soggy, place it on a wire rack rather than a plate lined with paper towels after it has been fried. The coating will continue to be crispy, while any excess oil will drip off because of this.
- You are free to alter the seasoning as you see fit. Add more cayenne pepper or stew powder if you lean toward your chicken spicier.
- After frying, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will permit the juices to rearrange and the covering to be significantly crispier.
Precautions For Perdue fried chicken recipe:
- After handling raw chicken, you should always wash your hands, cutting board, and utensils with soap and hot water to avoid cross-contamination with other foods.
- When frying the chicken, proceed with caution because hot oil can be hazardous. While frying, keep pets and children away from the kitchen.
- Overcrowding the pan can result in uneven cooking and a drop in oil temperature. If necessary, fry the chicken in batches.
- While frying, oil splatters can be reduced with a splatter screen. Use a lid to partially cover the pan if you don’t already have one.
- Watch out for the oil temperature all through the searing system. If the oil gets excessively hot, it can begin to smoke and cause a fire. Assuming that the oil gets too cool, the chicken will become oily.
- Before removing the oil after you’ve finished frying, let it completely cool. Dispose of the oil in the trash in a container with a lid. It could clog the pipes, so don’t pour it down the drain.
Nutrition Facts of Perdue fried chicken recipe:
7 Healthy Benefits Perdue fried chicken recipe:
1. Heart Healthy:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe has many health benefits for excellent heart health. The Perdue fried chicken recipe has zero cholesterol than other fried chicken recipes.
2. Keeps You Fit:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe is a good source of protein and other nutrients. It is one of the best foods to keep you fit and lose weight without any side effects.
3. Diabetic Friendly:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe can be prepared with less fat as compared to other chickens that have high-fat content in it.
4. Low Fat:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe contains less than 4 grams of fat per serving which is low in fat and less than other fried chicken recipes. It helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
5. Malaria Free:
The Perdie fried chicken recipe is a good source of vitamins and minerals that are good for people suffering from malaria.
6. Prevents Cancer:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe can also help prevent cancer because it contains more antioxidants than other foods.
7. Healthy Bones:
The Perdue fried chicken recipe is a good source of phosphorus and calcium, essential for healthy bones and teeth.
People Frequently Ask Questions
How do you keep the fried chicken moist?
The Perdue fried chicken recipe can be served with various healthy and nutritious condiments. The most common herb is the mayonnaise sauce. The chicken can be dipped in the sauce to prevent it from becoming dry while eating.
Several other methods can keep the fried chicken moist and juicy. The secret is to ensure that the oil is heated properly before adding the chicken pieces because they absorb more fat when not hot enough.
Should you fry chicken covered or uncovered?
It is recommended to fry chicken covered because it tends to absorb less oil when it is covered. The chicken is also less likely to burn since not too much oil drips into the pan while cooking.
You can serve the cooked chicken with a variety of seasonings and dip sauce that can be prepared in the kitchen.
How to make Perdue Fried Chick Recipe taste better?
If you coat the chicken in a mixture of egg and milk first, then bread it with the traditional cornmeal and flour, you’ll make a much crispier exterior. Add some fresh garlic to the sweet, paprika-seasoned batter. Top it off with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, chilli powder, or crumbled bacon.
If you want to go all out, dredge your chicken in flour, dip it into an egg wash (equal parts egg white and milk), dredge it again in seasoned flour, and then let it sit for 30 minutes before frying. This extra time allows the breading to adhere.
Are perdue chicken tenders healthy for toddlers?
Between the sodium and trans fat, you wouldn’t want your child to eat a whole order of Chicken tenders. But, yes, they are very nutritious. Chicken is a good source of protein as well as B vitamins. Plus, there are no artificial flavours or dyes in Perdue Chicken Tenders.
Perdue fried chicken recipe Is it Gluten-free?
Perdue chicken products are not gluten-free, containing wheat flour and soybean oil. However, the Perdue website does note that all products are free of ingredients derived from milk or eggs, which means that any potential gluten exposure is eliminated.
What do you eat with the Perdue Fried Chicken Recipe?
Perdue Fried Chicken is traditionally served as a side with rice and beans, but it tastes good on its own. Perdue Fried Chicken Recipe can be used to make sandwiches, wraps, or even stuffed into a baked potato.
How to store Perdue fried chicken recipes?
The Perdue fried chicken recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can also be frozen for up to four months.
The Perdue fried chicken recipe must be kept in a plastic or glass container to prevent it from absorbing any food odour that might be present in the refrigerator.
The Perdue fried chicken recipe is a healthy recipe that can be prepared in your favourite restaurants. It is easy to cook and is a healthy meal, especially for those who are on a diet or are suffering from various diseases.
It should always be served with a delicious sauce to keep the chicken moist. The sauce must be chosen according to the health benefits it will give you.