Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe is an Italian dish with a Tuscan twist. The chicken is marinated in olive oil, lemon, garlic, and other herbs and spices, grilled until tender, and served with slices of lemon.
This recipe comes from the lovely staff at Carrabba’s Italian Grill in Houston. It is originally from Italy but has been adapted to American tastes.
What is the Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe?
The “Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe” is an Italian dish with a Tuscan twist. Executive chef Andy Olivera put together the original recipe, and it can be found on the menu at Carrabba’s Italian Grill in Houston, Texas.
The recipe is an Italian version of the Lebanese recipe for spiced chicken, often served at Lebanese restaurants in the Middle East. The dish originated in Lebanon and has been adopted by many restaurants recently.
How Long Will It Take to Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Resting time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 3 people
How to make Tuscan Grilled Chicken Carrabba’s Recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe:
- 4 skinless, boneless breasts of chicken
- Olive oil, 1/2 cup
- 14 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh
- Parmesan cheese, grated, in 2 tablespoons
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped thyme
- Black pepper and one teaspoon of salt
Instructions For Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe:
Add garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme to a large bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and coat them thoroughly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge overnight or at least for 30 minutes.
Grab a cast iron skillet or grill pan with a lid and heat it to medium-high heat (if you don’t have a grill pan, use a heavy skillet).
Add the olive oil, and then add the chicken thighs. Sear on each side, turning after 5 minutes have passed. The chicken is ready when it becomes brown and crispy on each side.
After searing the chicken, place it back into the marinade for about 5 minutes, occasionally turning to ensure all sides are coated with the marinade.
Place the chicken and top with slices of lemon before serving immediately.
Additional Tips For Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe:
- This recipe relies heavily on fresh rosemary and thyme, so for the best flavour, use fresh herbs. You can use dried herbs instead of fresh ones if you don’t have access to fresh ones, but only half as much because dried herbs are more potent than fresh herbs.
- The Tuscan marinade will impart flavour to the chicken and aid in maintaining its juicy texture while it is grilled by marinating it for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Beating the chicken to an even thickness guarantees it cooks equitably and doesn’t dry out. The chicken can be pounded with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- Before grilling the chicken, ensure that the grill has been preheated to medium-high temperature. This will guarantee that it cooks equitably and gets decent barbecue marks.
- Using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken is a must because overcooked chicken can be dry and tough. When the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C), it is done.
- After barbecuing, let the chicken rest for a couple of moments before cutting it. The chicken will remain moist, and the juices can redistribute.
- Grilled Tuscan chicken has various sides, like pasta, roasted vegetables, or a straightforward salad. Enjoy!
Precautions For Tuscan grilled Chicken Carrabba’s recipe:
- While caring for the crude chicken, avoiding cross-tainting with different food sources or surfaces is significant. Before and after handling the chicken, wash your hands, utensils, and cutting board with hot, soapy water.
- To ensure that the chicken is safe to consume, ensure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Utilize a meat thermometer to look at the temperature of the thickest piece of the chicken.
- Any leftover chicken should be stored in the refrigerator within two hours of cooking. Use inside three to four days, or freeze for some time in the future.
- When grilling, exercise caution and adhere to all safety instructions. Never leave the grill unattended, and always have a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Check with your visitors or relatives for food sensitivities before making this recipe. For instance, the Tuscan marinade contains soy sauce, which can irritate some individuals.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature if you change the recipe or the ingredients.
Nutrition facts of Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe:
5 Amazing Serving Ideas Of Tuscan Grilled Chicken Carrabba’s Recipe:
1. Grilled Chicken with Vegetables:
Grilled Chicken with Vegetables is perfect for a fancy dinner. This classic Mediterranean meal is cooked on an open fire and served with a side of Mediterranean salad and bread. Grilled chicken and vegetables are always great if you want an elegant yet easy dinner recipe.
2. Spiced Grilled Chicken with Tomatoes:
This dish is perfect for summer. Grilled vegetables and grilled chicken are cooked together in a moreish tomato dressing. The subtle spiced flavours make this dish irresistible.
3. Chickpea Salad with Grilled Chicken and Avocado:
This Chicken and Avocado Salad Recipe is an easy-to-make, healthy dish that makes a perfect lunch or dinner. Plus, it’s versatile!
4. Grilled Chicken and Bacon Tostadas:
Tostadas, or tostadas, are a Latin American dish made from fried flatbreads topped with your favourite food. This is a fantastic dish if you want something different to serve.
5. Grilled Chicken with Green Beans, Avocado, and Tomatoes:
If you love avocado, try this dish out. Grilled chicken, green beans, and avocado with a smoky dressing are perfect together.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What do you eat with Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe?
Grilled Tuscan chicken Carrabba’s recipe is a simple but incredible dish that is perfect for summer. This dish can be served on its own as a light lunch or dinner, or it can be paired with potatoes and grilled vegetables to make a healthy meal.
Our favorite side dishes for Tuscan Chicken include hearty root vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes and zucchini, or an olive tapenade mixed with tarragon vinegar that brings out the Mediterranean flavors.
What are the health benefits of Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe?
This plant-based recipe is a great way to get a healthy dose of protein and nourishing fats, while the olive oil keeps you feeling satisfied between meals. Grilled vegetables boost vitamin C and other essential nutrients such as iron, calcium, and fibre.
The chicken breast is marinated in oregano and garlic, which gives it an exotic Mediterranean taste that pairs well with the green beans, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Tuscan grilled chicken Carrabba’s recipe Is grilled chicken Healthy?
Grilled chicken is healthy for you to consume. It is lean, low-fat meat. However, chicken grilled in the Italian style using fresh Italian herbs can be high in calories and fat since it’s cooked in oil and served with a lemon garnish. Get the nutrition facts for grilled chicken, including calories, fat, cholesterol, and more.
Why is lemon juice added?
Because the vinegar is acidic enough to react with the protein in meat, breaking it down and allowing the natural juices in the meat to seep out.
How to store Tuscan grilled chicken in Carrabba’s recipe?
The cooked chicken should be served immediately after it is prepared. The cooked chicken can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, but it’s best to bring it back to room temperature before serving.
To freeze the chicken: Freeze the cooked chicken for three months. Reheat in its cooking container. Make sure you do not thaw out the meat before you plan on cooking, though you should be able to pull it apart with your fingers after reheating.
Tuscany is considered one of the most classic regions to visit if you look for beautiful cities and even more impressive history.
As for your dinner, don’t forget about the Tuscan grilled chicken recipe by Carrabba’s Italian Grill. It is a simple dish with only a few ingredients, but the taste will amaze you.