Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry is an easy-to-make, low-fat, and quick meal you can make quickly. You can have a snack or main course with this dish. You can also use it to serve a whole family when they are visiting or even take some to a party.
It’s full of great nutrients and veggies, so you know that you’re getting something in your diet that’s good for you while being fast and tasty.
What are the Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry?
It’s an easy stir-fry recipe that you can use to make a nutritious meal without needing to go out and buy ingredients. It has tons of veggies and is delicious and healthy. The chicken is cooked so that it is not dry yet not soggy or overly moist.
It’s just the right amount of moisture but still gives the meal a good crunch from the veggies and the chicken. It’s a great dish to share at a dinner party with friends or just use as an easy family meal.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 5
- Effort: Easy
How to make Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry?
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into little florets
- One teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- One tablespoon of garlic powder or three cloves of garlic minced
- One tablespoon of canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- One teaspoon sugar
- Two tablespoons sesame seed oil, optional
- A dash of white vinegar
- One red and orange bell pepper, cut in large pieces for garnish
First, prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside. In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Be sure the brown sugar gets dissolved. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or pan over medium heat. Add in the chicken and stir fry until golden brown and almost cooked.
Take the chicken out of the pan, set aside, and add another tablespoon of oil. Add in broccoli and sweet pepper pieces, and stir fry for about 2 minutes until broccoli turns a little yellow.
Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy sauce, and stir well. Then take it out of the pan and put it aside with the chicken.
In the same pan, add one tablespoon of oil and heat it over medium heat. Add in bean sprouts, and stir fry for about 20 seconds until they get crunchy.
Add in chicken and vegetables, and stir well again. Then add one tablespoon of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar, sesame seed oil (optional), sugar, and another dash of white vinegar. Stir very well.
Add red bell pepper pieces, and stir fry for about 1 minute. Then turn off the heat. Garnish with red and orange bell pepper slices, put in a serving dish, and serve with steamed rice or brown rice.
- If you want to make a more significant amount, use 2 pounds of chicken breast and double all veggies.
- If you don’t have sesame seed oil, then canola and olive oil work just as well. Or use only one of the oils.
- For more veggie flavor, you can use other vegetables such as bok choy and bean sprouts. But keep in mind that the sauce will become thicker and less liquid when using this vegetable than other vegetables like onion or carrots.
- I usually add a bit of onion in the sauce to provide more aroma and taste, but if you don’t have an onion, just skip it.
- If using chicken breast tenders for the stir-fry recipe, cut them into small pieces before cooking them in a pan.
- For the soy sauce, if you have dark soy sauce and light soy sauce, use the light one first before adding in the darker and sweeter soy sauce.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Don’t use raw chicken in this recipe; the dish will taste bitter, and the chicken will be rubbery.
- Don’t let the soy sauce get burned, or it will taste bitter in your stir-fry recipe.
- If using garlic, ensure it gets adequately cooked, or it will also add a bitter taste to the dish.
- Other vegetables, such as onions or carrots, do not need to be cooked in the dish because it will make the gravy too liquid, and the veggies will only become soggy.
- If you don’t like bean sprouts, you can use other sprouts, such as broccoli, cabbage, or pea sprouts.
- You can also use two tablespoons of oil for cooking the veggies and chicken, but if using leaner meat, make sure to cut it into small pieces.
Nutrition Facts of Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry:
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
5 Healthy benefits of Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry-
1. Healthy Brain and Eye Development:
Maybe it’s not apparent, but using more veggies in your everyday diet will help your brain and eye development. Veggies are very good for the brain because they have high levels of Vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant that can protect the eyes from damage.
2. Healthy Pregnancy:
During pregnancy, eating healthy food and vitamins is very important because it can help the baby’s brain development.
Pregnant women are advised to take folate in their diet because it is vital in preventing defects in the fetal brain and spinal column early in pregnancy. Some examples of good spices are ginger, cloves, and turmeric.
3. Healthy Heart:
Chicken breast is an excellent protein source and is also considered a healthy food because it doesn’t contain a high cholesterol content.
Eating a chicken meal can help to improve heart health. It can lower the risk of heart disease by reducing cholesterol levels and preventing blood clots in the blood vessels that can lead to heart attacks.
4. Healthy Hair and Scalp:
Soy sauce is a natural conditioner that can help soften the hair and keep it shiny. Eating soy foods daily can also prevent dry scalp and thinning hair.
5. Healthy Skin and Bones:
It’s not only a delicious dish but also a delicious healthy chicken stir fry recipe.
Why does the chicken stir fry taste bitter?
More than likely, because the veggies have been in contact with each other or have been cut, there are sugars and starches. Over time, they create a bitter taste.
That’s why ensuring that chicken and vegetables are prep separately is essential. The vegetables should be blanched before adding them to the dish to improve the taste of your chicken stir fry recipe.
Why does the chicken have a strong aroma when I cook it on my nonstick pan?
You can use a nonstick pan, but it is still recommended to use a little oil. It is usual for the chicken to have a strong aroma or smell because of the natural oils in the chicken. When the chicken is cooked, that aroma should disappear.
What herbs can I add to the chicken and veggies stir fry recipe for more flavor?
You can add fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, mint, and thyme. Mint is a powerful antioxidant that can protect the heart and prevents cancer.
Basil is good for your skin and hair, so it’s an ideal spice for a chicken stir fry recipe. Peanut oil has a high smoke point, so it’s a perfect cooking oil for stir-frying chicken with vegetables.
How to reduce the bitterness in your dish?
You can add a dash of white vinegar to the dish and mix it to reduce bitterness. Sprinkle with some dried onion or garlic before serving the dish with rice or other vegetable side dishes.
What oil should I use for my chicken and veggie stir fry recipe?
You can use vegetable oil or peanut oil if you have one. But remember to keep in mind that those oils are high in cholesterol. The best way is to use a little bit less oil because you don’t want to continue adding too much and make the dish too oily.
What can I do if my chicken breast is too salty?
You can add salt-free soy sauce to the dish to lower sodium and reduce sodium levels.
How to add extra taste to the chicken and veggies stir-fry recipe?
To add more taste, you can add curry powder, turmeric, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Other ingredients, such as chili flakes, can be used for cooking the dish for extra flavor.
How do I make the chicken and veggies stir fry recipe healthier?
Even though chicken is a healthy food, some people want to enjoy the dish without feeling heavy or full. So you can use low-fat chicken and leaner meat. You can also modify the word by using lower-fat soy sauce or even no soy sauce.
How to Store Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry?
After cooking the chicken, put the chicken and all ingredients into a container and store them in the fridge. Then you can enjoy the dish for 2-3 days. If kept in the freezer, it will last for about three months.
What to serve with the chicken and veggie stir fry recipe?
Some are Brown rice, Cauliflower Rice, White Rice, Baked potato, and fluffy mashed potatoes.
How to reheat leftover chicken?
You can use a microwave oven or a stove to reheat your dish. My favorite is using the stove because it can help maintain the original taste of your word.
The chicken stir fry recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. You can enjoy it with your family and friends. The dish can also be served as lunch or dinner for the whole family.
4 thoughts on “Deliciously healthy chicken and veggie stir fry: Easy Cooking Method”