Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle is a quick and easy dish that is also a healthy option. The first step in making this dish is to start with the teriyaki sauce. It can be a little tricky to make at first, but it’s worth it for the flavor difference.
Additionally, once you’ve made your Teriyaki sauce, all that remains is to stir fry your chicken with vegetables, then toss them into a bowl of noodles or rice.
What is the Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle?
The Teriyaki Chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle is a dish that combines chicken, rice, or noodles, and teriyaki sauce in an easy-to-make dish. The first step in making this dish is to start with the teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki sauce is a sweet, savory, and slightly spicy sauce used in many Asian dishes. It is not difficult to make, but it can be tricky to get right. Once you’ve made your teriyaki sauce, all that remains is to stir fry your chicken with vegetables, then toss them all into a bowl of noodles or rice.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Cuisine: Asian
How to make Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle?
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry On Blackstone Griddle:
- 4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice or noodles of your choice
- 6 ounces fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- One green onion, chopped
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- One tablespoon of garlic, minced
- Three tablespoons brown sugar
- One teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
In the first place, you need to make the homemade teriyaki sauce, which you will use to marinate your chicken. To do this, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix. Set it aside now, as you will need it later when the chicken is cooked.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
In the first place, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all of the ingredients. Stir together until everything is combined. Allow simmering uncovered until the mixture has reduced to 1/2 cup and thickened slightly about 15 minutes.
Then set aside and allow to cool completely. Cut your chicken breast into medium-sized pieces of garlic, broccoli, and green onions.
Prepare the chicken:
Then start cooking the chicken by heating the vegetable oil to medium-high heat in a Blackstone griddle. Once hot, add your chicken pieces and stir fry until they are browned about 2-3 minutes.
Prepare the vegetables:
Add your teriyaki sauce to the Blackstone skillet, turn off the heat and toss in the broccoli and green onions. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes to get flavors from both vegetables.
As well as everything is hot and ready, add your soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and broccoli florets. Stir it all up again until the broccoli wilts.
Serve the chicken, in like manner, vegetables, and sauce over a bed of rice or noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions to garnish. You can also serve it topped with peanuts or cashews if you wish.
- If you don’t have Teriyaki sauce, you can make your own by combining 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup white sugar, and three tablespoons of fresh ginger.
- You can substitute ground sesame oil for vegetable oil if you wish to cut down on fat and calories.
- If you want to make this dish healthier, use ground tofu instead of meat instead of steak or chicken breast.
- If you wish to make vegetarian Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle, omit the chicken and add 3/4 cup of cooked rice or noodles.
- To prevent overcooking your chicken, chop it into small pieces. It will cook faster that way.
- If you want to cut down cooking time, use previously cooked rice or pre-chopped broccoli florets instead of fresh ones for convenience’s sake.
- You can use any type of meat or poultry instead of chicken. You could also use tofu or egg as a substitute. Another ingredient that can be used instead of chicken is ground beef.
- You can use only 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce for this dish. At first, it might not be enough, but as the sauce reduces, it will combine with the other ingredients, and none of you will notice.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Ensure that your ingredients have been prepared and chopped before starting this dish, as the cooking time is short.
- Do not use more than one tablespoon of sugar in your homemade teriyaki sauce.
- Always cook the onions while they are hot. Otherwise, they will burn quickly and impart an unpleasant burnt smell to the dish.
- If the teriyaki sauce is not hot enough, it will not keep the chicken from drying out or overcooking. Also, hot teriyaki sauce fries away rice or noodles and makes them soggy and limp.
- If you want to make teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle, read your stepwise guide.
- Remember that excess sugar in your dish will not only make it sweeter but also affect the flow and consistency of the teriyaki sauce when it is cooled down.
Nutrition facts about Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle:
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
7 health benefits of Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle-
1. Healthy Heart:
It can reverse the effects of artery-clogging plaque and hold off future heart disease if you make it a habit to have teriyaki chicken stir fry on a Blackstone griddle daily.
2. Improves Brain Function:
Contain compounds vital for brain health and function, like choline, vitamins A and D, zinc, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, and folate.
3. Weight Loss:
Are a good source of fiber that helps you to lose weight as fiber helps in proper digestion.
4. Healthy Pregnancy:
It will help to regulate blood sugar levels that prevent gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
5. Good Antioxidant:
Have high levels of antioxidants, vitamins C and E, flavonoids, and other compounds that battle the damaging effects of plaque formation in the arteries.
6. High Levels of Calcium:
Contain calcium, which is essential for bone health, healthy teeth, and immune function.
7. Promotes Heart Health:
It is rich in potassium and phosphorus, reducing the risk of blood clots and heart disease.
What kind of meat can I use for the Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle?
You can use any meat you like, but it is best to use boneless and skinless chicken breast. If you use chicken breast, ensure it is minced or in small pieces for quick cooking.
What temperature do you stir fry at Blackstone griddle?
The temperature of your teriyaki stir fry will depend on how hot you like your dishes. Do not overcook your chicken if you want it to be pretty sizzling and crisp. Just take it off the heat for a medium level of doneness when the meat is fully cooked. It will stay hot enough in the oven while you make other dishes.
What is the best way to cook chicken breast on a Blackstone griddle?
Chicken breast is best when cooked on a Blackstone griddle using a combination of both dry and wet heat. Dry heat is achieved by searing the meat on high heat while the wok is hot. Once the meat has turned golden brown, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to the wok and cook the chicken. Stir frequently until done.
Do I put oil on my Blackstone before cooking?
It will help if you put a little oil on the wok before adding your meat or vegetables. This will help it brown faster and get more crispy.
Can I use teriyaki sauce instead of marinade?
This can be a good option, as teriyaki sauce helps tenderize the meat and keeps it from drying. You should marinate the meat for at least half an hour for the best results.
What is the correct way to marinate chicken breast?
You should dip chicken breast in water, add salt and pepper before mixing it with your teriyaki sauce (or any other marinade), and let it sit in an airtight container for a day.
What is the best brand of teriyaki sauce for the above recipes?
The best brand of teriyaki sauce to use for the above recipes is Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
What is a good side dish for teriyaki chicken stir fry?
Teriyaki chicken stir fry is best served with steamed white rice. You could also serve it with slaw. If you are on a low-carb diet, broccoli salad would be an excellent side dish for this dish.
How To Store Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle?
Once your teriyaki chicken stir fry has been prepared, let it cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Wrap the leftovers using plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for about four days.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken?
Once ready to reheat your leftover chicken, boil it in a pot of water or a Blackstone grill with the lid on. You should boil the chicken until it is fully heated and add teriyaki sauce if desired.
You can make delicious Teriyaki chicken stir fry on the Blackstone griddle by following the above step-by-step recipe, with a few substitutions indicated in red. This is a quick and easy way to serve a tasty meal within minutes.
It is super healthy and full of flavor. Chicken breast benefits from adding teriyaki sauce and is excellent for making recipes with Asian flavors. It does not dry when cooked, so that you can prepare this dish several times a week for family dinners.