Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe is a popular dish that calls for chicken and rice with a gravy-like sauce over the top. In addition, here is the Trader Joe’s chicken fried rice recipe, which uses brown rice, onions, carrots and celery, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce.
If you’ve got a craving for fried rice but want to enjoy it at home with Trader joe’s curry instead of a greasy spoon restaurant, try out this great recipe. Comparatively, it may not be as good as the restaurant dish (we can’t compete with that!), but it is delicious.
What is Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe?
Trader Joe’s chicken fried rice recipe is a popular dish served with chicken and rice, cooked in a gravy-like sauce of vegetables, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Likewise, it is trendy in Chinese restaurants, where it is often served as an appetizer.
As a variation on this recipe, you could substitute ground chicken for the cubed chicken to create a stir-fry style dish that many prefer. Additionally, this has the benefit of being ready much faster than the original recipe.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 3 to 4 (easily multiplied)
How to make Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe?
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Three tablespoons of canola oil
- Two teaspoons ginger, grated
- Two cloves garlic, crushed and chopped fine
- 1 cup onion, diced (1 large)
- 1 cup carrot, diced (about two large carrots)
- 1 cup celery, diced (about two ribs)
- 2 cups chicken breast strips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Four tablespoons of soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish
In the first place a large pan, heat the oil on medium-high. Add ginger and garlic; stir briefly, then add onions and carrots. Cook until vegetables soften, stirring frequently.
Then vegetables are softened, add the celery and the chicken and continue frequently stirring until the vegetables begin to brown lightly. This should take about five minutes.
As well as add the peas, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce; stir well. Cook until the chicken is hot and evenly coated with sauce, about 5 minutes.
Likewise, this can be made to this point, but do not cover and store at room temperature.
When you are ready to serve, add the rice and toss gently to mix before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds.
The best way to tell if the rice is cooked properly is to shake the pan gently; if some grains do not get broken or have a little bounce back, it is not done.
I also like to make sure that the bottom of the pan has nice brown color and looks almost caramelized without burning.
Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe is a popular dish that calls for chicken and rice with a gravy-like sauce over the top.
- If you cannot find anything like Trader Joe’s in your area and want to duplicate this recipe at home, you should buy enough brown rice to double the recipe and cook it first in a large frying pan without any water until all of the water has cooked off and the rice is fragrant. Then you could use those cooked brown rice instead of regular white rice.
- If you like to use a lot of ginger and garlic, you can replace the two tablespoons of each with two tablespoons of minced fresh ginger and 2-1/2 teaspoons of each minced garlic.
- When making the rice, you may not need to add all the soy and teriyaki sauce (if using the store-bought type). You can taste the rice and make it accordingly.
- If you like, try out this excellent recipe for Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe with wonton wrapper instead!
- Trader Joe’s does not sell their version of brown jasmine rice in the US. You can substitute it with any other type of long-grain brown rice.
- Do not overbake the chicken, or you may end up with dry and chewy chicken, which will absorb too much oil during cooking and taste greasy instead of crisp and juicy.
- If you want a similar delicious dish for a fast-food chain, try Panda Express’ Fried Rice Entree Recipe, which uses chicken, eggs, peas, and carrots.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Use fresh ginger and garlic only. Just like the meat, the flavor and fragrance of the sauces will be affected by time and can become rancid.
- Shelled peas should be used within one week after opening; frozen peas should be used within 3 to 4 months.
- If you store cooked rice for some time, cook it in a separate pot from the sauce, or it will absorb some of the sauce’s flavors. You can freeze cooked rice for up to 2 months in airtight containers/bags.
- Always cook rice in a wide saucepan evenly, heat it, and make it fragrant.
- If you are using frozen vegetables (such as peas and carrots), cut them into small pieces so they can be cooked more quickly than regular ones.
- The brown jasmine rice must be washed and softened before cooking. Otherwise, it will stick to the pan’s walls during cooking and make the dish tough, dry, and tasteless.
Nutrition Facts of Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe:
7 healthy benefits of Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Brown rice and vegetables are rich in fiber which helps lower LDL cholesterol- the type associated with plaque build-up in arteries, heart attacks, and strokes.
2. Healthy Blood:
The iron-rich vegetables in this dish help to improve metabolism and prevent anemia.
3. Healthy Lungs:
Soy sauce is a good source of selenium, which helps to protect against damage caused by toxins or other harmful substances in the body’s cells.
4. Healthy Bones:
Chicken, which makes up the bulk of this recipe, is a good source of choline and Vitamin B6. These nutrients are crucial to the body’s metabolism.
5. Healthy Hair:
The calcium and iron in this dish help to strengthen hair follicles and prevent shedding- both factors that can make hair brittle, unmanageable, dull, and lifeless.
6. Healthy Skin:
Soy sauce is rich in antioxidants called carotenes which are vital for healthy skin. Soy helps to fight wrinkles, and it helps to prevent skin damage caused by sunlight.
7. Healthy Weight:
The fiber and protein in this dish give you the energy you need to stay active and maintain a healthy weight.
How to Make Chicken and Vegetables in a Frying Pan Tastes Better?
If you want the chicken to be juicy, brown it in a dry pan with a bit of oil before adding any water and cook in a covered pot so the steam escapes and it will stay moist. If you use frozen veggies, just add them to the base and sauté.
How do you make Trader Joe’s rice taste better?
You could use any brown rice, but I recommend using the brown jasmine rice that comes in a big box. Just follow the instructions on the package when you cook it, and it will taste delightful.
If you want to make your seasoning mix for chicken, you can mix some of these seasonings – salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. You can adjust it to your liking or taste buds as well.
How to make Trader Joe’s chicken fried rice taste better?
I tried out a recipe using a Trader Joe’s variety of brown basmati rice I had in the pantry, but I couldn’t make it taste as good as the store-bought brand. Try out this substitute to get the best results and have a great time cooking at home.
How to Cook Brown Rice & Vegetables in a Frying Pan?
Be sure to use a large enough pan for this recipe. I like to use a deep round frying pan, with lots of room between the rice and the sides of the pan for it to expand.
If using frozen vegetables, do not add them directly to the frying pan. Instead, cook them first before adding the rice. This will help prevent them from becoming mushy or broken as you cook everything together.
How do you cook rice in a frying pan?
Brown rice can be cooked in a frying pan using vegetable oil. Cover the pan up, add the chicken pieces and stir until the chicken is browned on both sides. Add plain water or chicken broth, then cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is soft.
What can I serve with Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe?
You can also serve chicken fried rice with kimchi, fruit, yogurt, or any other yogurt-based salad.
How to Cook Chicken in Frying Pan?
Place chicken pieces in a large frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes). If you are not cooking the chicken straight away, place it on a plate and keep it covered with foil to stay moist and warm. Add more oil, if necessary, for the next batch.
How To Store Trader joe’s chicken fried rice recipe?
When you are done cooking, you can either store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or freeze them for up to 1 month. You can transfer the cooked rice and vegetables into containers/bags and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat thawed chicken fried rice in the microwave on the lowest setting until ready to eat.
How to Reheat Leftover Chicken?
To reheat, remove the chicken and vegetables from the frying pan and set aside until hot. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and warm up over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until the oil is shimmering but not smoking.
If you are looking for a tasty recipe to make at home, then you will love using this chicken fried rice recipe. It is healthy and simple to make. You can enjoy the benefits of this healthy breakfast dish on a busy weekday morning.
It is excellent as an appetizer or a main dish meal. Enjoy it with a side of your choice of steamed green beans or other vegetables.