Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is a best-seller dish that has surprised many people with the simple ingredients and yet excellent taste. This recipe is easy to prepare. In addition, It does not have a long list of ingredients, but with this, it can make you satisfied and full. The flavors are nice and tasty, especially when served with sesame seeds on top.
Recent studies have concluded that eating Rice contributes to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes because of its energy-dense carbohydrate content and low glycemic index (GI).
What is the Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe?
Blackstone chicken fried Rice is one of the most favorite recipes in Singapore and Malaysia. The recipe involves Chicken, vegetables, eggs, and prepared Rice. Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice was introduced in the mid-1980s by the founder of Blackstone Group, Mr. Stephen Black.
This recipe is a China-born recipe but has been adapted to suit the taste of Malaysians. This is one of the recipes with ingredients that can be easily found in any Malaysian kitchen.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings
How to make Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe?
Essential Ingredients for Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe:
- 2 Cups cooked Rice (should be cooked until soft in a rice cooker or quinoa)
- Two boneless chicken breasts (not frozen) cubed/cut into smaller pieces
- 2 Cups of Fresh Mixed Veggies – sliced cucumber, bean sprouts, green onion, and carrot
- 2 Egg Whites (optional)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sesame oil
- One tablespoon of Blackstone’s Worcestershire Sauce
- One tablespoon of soy sauce, or to taste
- One pat of butter (for sauteing vegetables)
Directions To Make Fry Chicken Jamaican Recipes:
In the first place Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium-low heat (approximately 350 degrees F). Add the vegetable oil onto the grill and use your spatula to spread it around.
Frying for chicken
Turn the grill to med/low heat. Lay down about 1/2 tbs. of vegetable oil-place the minced garlic, followed immediately by chicken breast. Mix Chicken and cook, adding small amounts of sweet soy sauce and sesame oil (add extra sweet soy sauce during the cook).
Frying for Veggies
Then Once the Chicken is cooked, move to a more relaxed area on the grill. Place another 1/2 tbs. of vegetable oil on the grill, and place frozen veggies (or fresh) and onion onto the oil.
Then Mix with more sweet soy sauce and a small amount of sesame oil. Once the onions show color, move the vegetables to the cooler side of the grill.
Fry for Rice
Then Place one tbs. of vegetable oil on a grill. Place Rice on oil to begin cooking. Add a generous amount of sweet soy sauce to the Rice. Add more as needed. Once the Rice is mixed and covered with soy sauce, create a spot to crack eggs onto the grill. Cook the eggs and then mix them with the Rice.
In addition, Once the eggs are mixed throughout the Rice, bring in the vegetables and the Chicken. Continue mixing on the griddle top until all foods are mixed through. Turn off the heat, and serve!
Additional Tips For Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe:
- You can choose whatever you want for the vegetables, but the most common vegetables used to make Chicken fried Rice are carrots and green peas. You can add other veggies such as bok choy, morning glory leaves, and celery.
- You could also add in cooked bacon for that extra flavor.
- As for the Chicken, you can use anything as long as it’s diced small enough to mix into your Rice when cooked.
- When using eggs and Chicken, you would want to cook them separately so that they don’t get overcooked and turn rubbery.
- You can add all ingredients to your Chicken fried rice recipe, like sour cream, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and tuna.
- Lastly, you can use tofu as a substitute for scrambled eggs in your Chicken fried rice recipe.
- You could also add chopped onions and bell peppers to the mixture for an extra crunch for the Rice.
Precautions For Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe:
- Chicken should not be overcooked or boiled.
- Always use chicken breast as the main ingredient for this recipe. If you’re using chicken breast with other meats, such as bacon, you need to cook them separately for the meat to get cooked before mixing them into your fried rice dish.
- Be careful with the amount of sweet soy sauce you add when cooking your Rice, and stir continuously because it can quickly burn if you don’t do so correctly.
- Adding a pat of butter to your Rice will help keep its form when you mix the other ingredients into it.
- If you’re using fresh vegetables, prepare them while the Rice is being cooked. Add the vegetables to the Rice once your Chicken is thoroughly cooked; this way, the vegetables will be kept fresh and crisp.
- You can also add another tablespoon of butter inside of your Worcestershire sauce for it to blend better with your dish and not be too dry or gritty tasting.
Nutrition facts of Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe:
|Total Fat||18.0 g|
|Saturated Fats||6.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fats||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fats||6.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g|
7 healthy benefits of Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe helps to boost the levels of cholesterol in the body and prevents clogged arteries. This dish is rich in heart health-boosting nutrients such as vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, and beta carotene. Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe also provides two essential amino acids, which have been linked to lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and improved bone health.
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe also fights inflammation due to its rich anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Healthy body:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is excellent for resisting metabolic syndrome development and prevents type 2 diabetes.
4. Healthy brain:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is a good source of choline which helps to promote healthy brain and nerve cells, as well as prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and dementia.
5. Healthy skin:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is a good source of zinc, essential for wound healing, healthy skin, and reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
6. Healthy bones:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is rich in vitamin D, which protects against osteoporosis by enhancing calcium absorption to help build strong bones. It also contains minerals like magnesium and phosphorous, essential for building strong bones and teeth.
7. Healthy eyes:
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids found in the human eye’s retina. These compounds help prevent age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), a significant cause of blindness in older adults.
Chicken fried rice Blackstone recipe is a dish that every Asian food lover should try at least once in their lifetime! It is filled with various healthy nutrients that will boost your immune system and energize you throughout the day.
I hope you enjoy our Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe as much as I did. If you want to make a healthier version of the recipe, I recommend using brown Rice instead of white Rice.
People Frequently ask questions
Do You Cook Rice Before Putting It On A Blackstone Griddle?
Typically, I’m a rice eater and love it. I cook the Rice before putting it on the grill, but only because there are always some parts of my parents’ Chicken fried Rice that is too dry. But I love how fast it is to cook on an electric grill, unlike traditional pots and pans.
How To Make Stir Fry On Blackstone?
It would help to find a Blackstone griddle that fits your cooking style. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. You can use it as a camping stove or tailgate grill/gourmet food warmer. The Blackstone griddle is also very easy to clean, making it stand out from other grills on the market.
You can also make a stir fry with a Blackstone griddle while camping, attending an outdoor party, or having friends over at home.
How Hot Should My Blackstone Be When Cooking?
The temperature range on our Blackstone griddle is 325-450 degrees Fahrenheit. It would help if you waited until your grill reached 350 degrees before adding in your food to cook evenly and prevent burning.
Do I Put Oil On My Blackstone Before Cooking?
With our Blackstone griddle, you do not have to be afraid of food sticking. The top is non-stick so that you can cook with zero oil!
What Kind Of Oil Should I Cook With On Blackstone?
Blackstone is great for cooking with oil, but you can also grill meat without adding any oil because of the griddle surface. And you don’t want to use butter or margarine when cooking. Uses your Blackstone, as it could cause a build-up on the grill and ruin it.
I Don’t Want To Use Chicken Breast For This Recipe. Can I Use Any Other Meat Instead?
With Chicken fried Rice, you can swap out the chicken breast with bacon, ham, and sausage. Make sure you cook them separately and add them on top of the Rice before mixing the ingredients.
Suppose I Don’t Have Any Worcestershire Sauce. Can I Substitute It For Anything Else?
If you want to use another sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce, I recommend using something spicy like Tabasco Sauce or Sriracha.
Is There An Equivalent Substitute For A Blackstone Griddle Before I Buy One?
You can use the Blackstone Pan instead of the Blackstone Griddle. The Blackstone pan can be used as a stovetop or outdoor tailgate grill and works excellently as a campfire cooking surface.
What Do I Serve With The Chicken Fried Rice Blackstone Recipe?
You can serve our Blackstone fried rice recipe with a side of any raw vegetables you want. I would also recommend brown rice, salad, or veggie burger.
How To Store One Leftover Chicken Fried Rice Blackstone Recipe?
If you have any leftovers from our Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe, transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. Reheat the dish in a microwave oven before enjoying it again.
How Do I Reheat The Chicken Fried Rice Blackstone Recipe?
You can reheat leftover Blackstone fried Rice in the microwave, giving you more time to enjoy your day without worrying about cooking dinner. You should not reheat any food over 85 degrees Celsius because it can increase your risk of food poisoning.