Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe is a healthy, light-tasting salad recipe to be made at home. This is the proper meal for you if you want a leisurely, quick, tasty lunch or dinner. It features a combination of chicken breast chunks and apple fruit in a salty syrup enhanced by curry powder.
The salad is complimented with pine nuts, avocado, red onion, and cilantro leaves, making it look pleasing to the eye. It’s a perfect recipe for the summer holidays when you want something light but still feels hugely filling your stomach.
What is the Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe?
Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe is easy to make light and slender recipe loaded with protein and calcium made from chopped chicken breast chunks. It’s a hearty meal that can be easily prepared quickly.
The salad is an eye-pleasing dish with chicken, pine nuts, avocado, red onion and cilantro leaves. The taste is a combination of sweet, salty and spicy. Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe is a flavorful dish that can be served as a lunch or dinner with traditional soda bread or fresh bread.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
How to make Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe:
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken bosoms
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dark pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- One medium red onion, diced
- 3 stems celery, diced
- Two medium carrots, stripped and diced
- One red ringer pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slashed cashews
Directions For Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe:
Preheat broiler to 400°F.
In a little bowl, combine one curry powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and dark pepper. Place chicken bosoms in a baking dish and sprinkle the flavour combination equitably over them.
Sprinkle the olive oil over the chicken and heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Eliminate from broiler and let cool.
When cool, dice the chicken into little pieces.
In an enormous bowl, combine the diced chicken, onion, celery, carrots, red ringer pepper, mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, raisins, and cashews.
Chill for somewhere around 30 minutes before serving. Serve on whole grain bread or over a bed of lettuce.
Additional Tips For Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe:
- Explore different avenues regarding curry powder to find the ideal mix that suits your taste buds.
- Marinate the chicken short-term to upgrade the flavour and delicacy of the meat.
- Utilize Greek yoghurt rather than mayonnaise to add a tart and rich surface to the serving of mixed greens.
- To add a crunchy surface, incorporate fixings like cashews, almonds or pecans.
- Utilize a combination of sweet and delicious natural products like grapes, raisins, or dried cranberries to adjust the intensity of the curry.
- Add a dash of honey to the dressing to adjust the fieriness of the curry.
- Finally, taste and change the flavouring depending on the situation before serving; add more salt, pepper, lemon squeeze or curry powder on a case-by-case basis to taste.
Precautions For Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe:
- Guarantee that you are taking care of crude chicken in a protected and sterile way. Clean up when dealing with oil chicken, and utilize separate cutting sheets and utensils for the simple chicken to forestall cross-defilement.
- Watch the chicken as it cooks to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Surround the chicken with a bit of oil while cooking to help keep it from sticking.
- Cut the chicken into little squares before mingling it with different fixings, depending on your taste. You may want to take after a specific measure for portioning individual fixings and ingredients for an upgraded flavour result.
- In this chicken salad recipe, you can use different fixings like cashews, almonds or pecans.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly by broiling it for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a combination of sweet and tasty fruit like grapes, raisins or dried cranberries to adjust the fieriness of the curry powder.
- Add a dash of honey to the dressing for more flavour and sugar content.
Nutrition Facts Of Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe:
|Total Fat||12.9 g|
7 Healthy Benefits Of Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
The curry powder in the recipe is added with many health benefits, as it increases blood flow to all organs and tissues.
Chicken contains many healthy nutrients like zinc, iron and selenium.
3. Hair And Skin Benefits:
The tomatoes in the recipe contain a lot of vitamin C, which helps keep our hair and skin healthy. For those with dry skin or hair, you can apply this tomato sauce daily until you get relief from your dry skin or hair problem.
4. Healthy Bones:
Chicken is an excellent calcium and vitamin D source, essential for healthy bones and teeth.
5. Aids In Weight Loss:
The curry powder is rich in dietary fibre and helps to reduce appetite, thus aiding weight loss efforts. Curry powder is also known to suppress the need for extended periods, which further aids weight loss.
6. Digestive System:
The recipe’s ingredients help improve digestion and relieve constipation and abdominal pain.
7. Prevents Cell Damage:
The presence of vitamin C and beta-carotene in this recipe prevents cell damage and the growth of malignant cells.
This recipe is quite versatile, and you can modify it according to your taste. You can use light mayonnaise for a more healthy option. Additionally, you can add other ingredients like mango chutney, lemon wedges, cucumber slices, pickled beets, etc.
To make it even tastier and healthier. If you want to add a crunchy texture, sprinkle some crushed sunflower seeds on top or serve with slices of apple or pineapple.
People Frequently ask questions
What Kind Of Curry Powder Do You Recommend?
When it comes to curry powder, you have a ton of options. There are many store-bought curry powders, but once you start looking at specific blends, you will be amazed at the variety. Some popular brands are korma, vindaloo and tikka masala.
How Can I Add A Crunchy Texture To This Recipe?
Olive oil spray and sprinkling crushed sunflower seeds are two great ways to add some added texture, whether you’re adding a crunchy texture by leaving the chicken in bigger chunks or tossing it with various surfaces.
Can I Use Fresh Herbs For Making This Recipe?
The fresh herb selection can make a big difference in this recipe. Fresh parsley, dill and cilantro are some of my favourites.
Can Marinade Be Added To The Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad Recipe?
Marinading is a great way to enhance the flavour of this recipe, but I wouldn’t recommend adding it when you make it at home since there will be some residual moisture from the chicken itself that can alter the flavour.
What’s The Difference Between Whole Foods And Regular Curry Chicken Salad?
This recipe uses red onion, red peppers and ginger rather than curry powder. Regular curry chicken salad uses chopped onion, celery, and some mayonnaise to add moisture.
Can This Curry Chicken Salad Be Made As A Dip?
I would recommend making this recipe as a main dish. Although it’s also delicious, served as a dip. To make this vegetarian meal, swap out the chicken and use veggie crumbles. Add beans or veggies of your choice to make this dish gluten-free.
How Long Can I Keep This Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad Recipe In The Refrigerator?
Whole foods curry chicken salad stays in the refrigerator for up to one week if stored properly. Make sure to place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the chicken and ingredients before storing them.
Try to serve as soon as possible after preparing if it is going to sit for more than a day or two.
How To Reheat Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad Recipe?
Reheating this recipe is pretty straightforward. Reheat your whole foods curry chicken salad in a microwave or stovetop. If reheating in a microwave, cover with plastic wrap and heat for 10 to 15 seconds at a time until heated.
If reheating on the stovetop, place the whole foods curry chicken salad into a pot and add some water to get it melting again, then adjust the seasoning as needed when finished.
1 thought on “Whole foods curry chicken salad recipe: Easy Making Direction”