Chicken katsu curry recipe is an adaptation of the traditional chicken curry, and the katsu is a Japanese deep-fried dish. Traditionally katsu is made by coating boneless and skinless cutlets, often made from pork or chicken.
It was introduced to Japan by Portuguese traders in the 16th century and became popular during World War II as meat rationing forced people to search for new protein sources. In recent years it has become a typical street food in Japan, which started being sold at station kiosks.
What is the Chicken katsu curry recipe?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a variation of the traditional katsu recipe. It is one of the best comfort food recipes a person can make.
The traditional katsu recipe uses panko breadcrumbs which are light and airy compared to regular bread crumbs. They are trendy in Japan because they aid in a crispy crust that is still crispy after the dish has been refrigerated, making the katsu curry recipe perfect for take-out.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 25-30 minutes
- Servings: 4
How to make Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Chicken katsu curry recipe:
- Two boneless chicken bosoms beat slight
- 1/2 cup regular baking flour
- Two eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil for broiling
For the curry sauce
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One onion, cleaved
- Two garlic cloves minced
- Two carrots, stripped and cleaved
- Two tablespoons of regular baking flour
- Two tablespoons of curry powder
- One teaspoon of garam masala
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Two tablespoons honey
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions For Chicken katsu curry recipe:
Season the chicken bosoms with salt and pepper. Set up three shallow dishes: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with panko breadcrumbs.
Coat every chicken bosom in flour, shaking off any overabundance. Plunge the chicken into the beaten eggs, then, at that point, coat in panko breadcrumbs, compressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to stick.
Heat around 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in an enormous skillet over medium-high intensity. Broil the chicken until brilliant brown and cooked through, around 3-4 minutes for each side. Move to a paper towel-lined plate to deplete any overabundance of oil.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a massive pan over medium intensity to make the curry sauce. Add the slashed onion, minced garlic, and cleaved carrots, and cook until relaxed, around 5-7 minutes.
Mix in the regular flour, curry powder, and garam masala, and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Progressively mix in the chicken stock, honey, and soy sauce. Carry the blend to a stew and cook until the vegetables are delicate and the sauce has thickened, around 15-20 minutes.
Utilize an inundation blender or move the sauce to a blender and mix until smooth.
To serve, cut the chicken into strips and put it on top of a bed of steamed rice. Spoon the curry sauce over the chicken and rice and enhance with cut green onions whenever desired.
Additional Tips For Chicken katsu curry recipe:
- For the best outcomes, utilize great-quality chicken bosoms or thighs. Avoid using excessively flimsy chicken, as it might dry out while cooking.
- Before covering the chicken in breadcrumbs, pound it to an even thickness. This will help the chicken cook equally and bring about a firm surface.
- For an extra firm covering, plunge the chicken into the egg combination and afterwards in the breadcrumbs two times.
- Profound searing the chicken is the traditional technique. However, you can likewise shallow-fry it in a container with a modest quantity of oil. Ensure the oil is hot enough before adding the chicken.
- Make a roux with flour and margarine before adding the curry powder and different fixings to make a thick and velvety curry sauce.
- Taste the curry sauce before serving and change the flavouring on a case-by-case basis. Add more salt, sugar, or curry powder to suit your inclinations.
- Chicken katsu curry is generally presented with steamed rice. However, you can likewise serve it with noodles or bread.
Precautions For Chicken katsu curry recipe:
- Ensure you utilize new fixings, particularly chicken, and great flavours to ensure the dish tastes delectable and is protected to eat.
- Clean up thoroughly before dealing with any food, and ensure that all utensils and cooking surfaces are spotless and liberated from microscopic organisms.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked the entire way, with no pink or crude spots. This will help forestall foodborne ailments.
- Utilize a different slicing board for the chicken to stay away from cross-tainting.
- Be very cautious while working with hot oil to forestall consumption. Watch out for the oil and never leave it unattended.
- Store any extra chicken katsu curry in a sealed shut compartment in the cooler and consume it for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Facts Of Chicken katsu curry recipe:
|Total fat||12 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
7 Healthy Benefits Of Chicken katsu curry recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Chicken has one of the best sources of lean protein. This lean protein helps in keeping your heart healthy. With this chicken katsu curry recipe, you can include this dish in your daily menu to maintain a healthy heart.
2. Healthy Body:
Chicken is an excellent source of protein and has healthy fats, which help build muscles and tissues in your body. Protein also helps make you feel fuller for longer, thus helping you lose weight.
3. Healthy Digestion:
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a delicious and healthy dish. It is also a source of fibre, which is essential for digestion. You can add this delightful dish to your diet as it provides long-lasting energy and helps prevent constipation.
4. Healthy Nutritional Status:
Chicken has a fair amount of iron, which boosts your energy level and keeps you fit by keeping your body’s oxygen supply constant.
5. Healthy Skin:
The chicken katsu curry recipe is one of the best natural sources of collagen and Vitamin A. Collagen keeps your skin healthy. At the same time, Vitamin A prevents wrinkles and dark spots from appearing on your skin.
6. Healthy blood circulation:
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a low-carb food that helps you regulate blood sugar levels and provides energy for longer.
7. Healthy Lifestyle:
The chicken katsu curry recipe is great for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, as it helps reduce weight, increase energy levels, and keep your body fit. You can include this dish in your daily diet for better health.
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a fantastic dish you can prepare and serve at home. You can also quickly prepare this dish with your family and friends in the pressure cooker. The chicken katsu curry recipe will help you to overcome a wide variety of health issues.
People Frequently ask questions
How Long Does It Take To Make Chicken Katsu Curry?
The chicken katsu curry recipe can be prepared in 15 minutes. However, the texture and taste of this dish are different when designed at home.
Therefore, you will have to prepare this dish regularly to get the right texture and consistency of the word. However, if you prepare it for the first time, you must know it takes a little time.
What Is The Best Cut Of Meat For Chicken Katsu Curry?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is made with chicken. Chicken breast and thighs are the best chicken cut for chicken katsu curry preparation. Therefore, you can choose any one of them.
However, if you want a dish to be prepared in a short period or want to prepare this dish regularly, you must use store-bought meat.
How Do You Make The Perfect Chicken Katsu Curry?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is straightforward to prepare and is a dish anyone can make. However, you must follow some instructions and hints to get this dish’s desired texture and taste. To make the perfect chicken katsu curry, you must pound or slice the chicken evenly for even cooking.
How To Thicken Chicken Katsu Curry?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a dish that is already thick. If you want a thicker word consistency, add bread crumbs or flour to the chicken katsu curry and cook for a few more minutes to make it thick.
How To Thicken Chicken Katsu Curry Sauce?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is made with a rich onion-based sauce prepared in gravy form. The consistency of this dish can be made thicker by adding more chicken to the plate.
How To Make Chicken Katsu Curry Gravy?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is made with a gravy-like sauce. The secret to making a tasty chicken katsu curry can be found in preparing the sauce directly in the curry itself.
Therefore, instead of using onions or spices to prepare a paste separately and add it later, you must grind onions and other ingredients to prepare the dish.
How To Make Chicken Katsu Curry Restaurant Style?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a dish anyone can prepare at home. However, you must follow the instructions and hints above to make the best chicken katsu curry. Chicken katsu curry restaurant style uses bread crumbs or flour to thicken the sauce.
How To Cook Chicken With Rice In A Pressure Cooker?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a dish that can be prepared in a pressure cooker. However, you must follow the instructions and hints above to make the best chicken katsu curry. Cooking this dish in a pressure cooker will ensure the word remains tender, soft, and chewy.
How Do You Cook Chicken Breast In A Pressure Cooker?
The chicken katsu curry recipe is a dish that can be cooked in a pressure cooker. However, you must follow the instructions and hints above to make the best chicken katsu curry.
To cook chicken breast in the pressure cooker, heat water and oil in a pan before adding it to the pressure cooker and adding instant rice.