Trinidad curry chicken recipe is made with the Trinidadian technique of dry-roasting a chili pepper, grinding it, and then frying the spices in oil. The chicken is cooked and simmered in this mixture and served with boiled rice or roti.
Trinidad curry chicken is seasoned with a tamarind-based sauce made from tomato, onion, garlic, allspice berries, water or stock cubes (or sometimes celery sticks), and a pinch of sugar to counteract some of the acidity.
What is the Trinidad curry chicken recipe?
Trinidad curry chicken is a great way to make your family eat a little healthier without them being aware. The flavoring is not spicy, and the curry does not taste like the Indian curry we are used to eating.
The seasoning for this recipe is made from tomatoes, onions, garlic, allspice berries, water or stock cubes (or sometimes celery sticks), and a pinch of sugar to counteract some of the acidity.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 5 people
How to make Trinidad curry chicken recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Trinidad curry chicken recipe:
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken (cut into little pieces)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- One onion (hacked)
- Three garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp tomato glue
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Two potatoes (stripped and cubed)
- One carrot (stripped and cut)
- One scotch hat pepper (discretionary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions For Trinidad curry chicken recipe:
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
In an enormous skillet or pot, heat the oil over medium-high intensity. Add the chicken and cook until sautéed on all sides. Eliminate the chicken and put it away.
Add the curry powder to a similar skillet or pot and mix until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and sauté for around 2-3 minutes until the onion is transparent.
Add the tomato glue and chicken stock to the pot and mix well.
Return the chicken to the pot and add the potatoes, carrot, and scotch cap pepper (if utilizing). Heat the blend to the boiling point and decrease the intensity to a stew afterward.
Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes, mixing sporadically, until the chicken is delicate and the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
Taste and change preparation on a case-by-case basis.
Serve hot with rice or roti.
Additional Tips For Trinidad curry chicken recipe:
- For a curry chicken recipe, it is ideal to involve chicken thighs or drumsticks as they are tastier and generally hold their shape and surface better in the curry sauce.
- To improve the kind of the curry, toast your flavors (cumin, coriander, turmeric, and so on) in a dry prospect a little while before adding them to the pot. This will assist with delivering their regular oils and make them more sweet-smelling.
- To adjust the wealth of the curry, add a press of lime juice or a sprinkle of vinegar towards the finish of cooking. This will add brilliance and tang to the dish.
- To permit the flavors to grow ultimately, allowing the curry to stew on low intensity for no less than 30 minutes is essential. This will assist the chicken with retaining the kinds of sauce and becoming delicate and succulent.
- Curry chicken is frequently presented with customary sides, for example, roti or rice and peas. Consider making your roti to cause the dinner to feel bona fide truly.
- Change the intensity level of your curry in light of your inclinations. If you like it zesty, add more scotch cap pepper, or leave it out, by and large, assuming that you favor a milder flavor.
Precautions For Trinidad curry chicken recipe:
- Continuously clean up entirely with cleanser and warm water before handling any crude meat.
- Ensure that the chicken is appropriately thawed out before cooking, ideally by defrosting it in the fridge short-term. Try not to leave chicken at room temperature for a drawn-out period.
- Keep crude chicken separate from different food sources and utilize individual slicing sheets and utensils to forestall cross-tainting.
- Cook the chicken until it arrives at an inner temperature of 165°F (74°C) to guarantee that any hurtful microscopic organisms are killed.
- Refrigerate extras immediately, around 2 hours of cooking, and ensure they are appropriately put away in hermetically sealed compartments.
- Utilize new flavors and spices, or check the recipe’s termination dates of any dried flavors or zest mixes.
- Assuming you are utilizing canned fixings, check the lapse date and the trustworthiness of the can before opening.
- Know about any sensitivities or dietary limitations of those you are cooking for, and make a point to utilize fitting substitutes or leave out fixings on a case-by-case basis.
Nutrition Facts Of Trinidad curry chicken recipe:
7 Healthy Benefits Of Trinidad curry chicken recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Trinidad Curry Chicken is a great way to get your family to eat healthier without them being aware. The flavoring is not spicy, and the curry does not taste like the Indian curry we are used to eating.
2. Healthy Skin:
Trinidad Curry Chicken is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These are likewise known as omega-nine fatty acids, which include eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
3. Healthy Bones:
The calcium present in the chicken plays a vital role in maintaining healthy bones as it acts as a building block for bone tissue and teeth.
4. Healthy Hair:
Trinidad Curry Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which our body needs to repair hair cells and provide the right amount of protein required for hair growth.
5. Healthy Pregnancy:
Trinidad Curry Chicken provides several nutrients that are expecting women need during pregnancy. It is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, essential for developing the eyes and brain.
6. Healthy Cardiovascular system:
The good fats in the chicken help lower cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease by lowering LDL or bad cholesterol while increasing levels of HDL or good cholesterol in the body.
7. Healthy Digestion:
Trinidad Curry Chicken is a fiber source that helps relax and soothe the digestive system. The fiber also acts as an emulsifier to bind the collagen and enzymes the chicken creates, making it easier to digest and absorb.
I hope you enjoyed my recipe for Trinidad curry chicken. If you did, please give it a 5-star rating, and follow me on my journey to wisdom. The best part about cooking is sharing your delicious food with others and learning from them too.
People Frequently ask questions
Why The Chicken Gets So Dry When Cook For A Long Time?
Blame it on the water. Simmering chicken in the water draws out all the watery juices, leaving you with dense meat. Experts now say that when cooking meat-from chicken to tenderloin-use no more than one cup of liquid per pound of flesh.
That way, you get perfectly cooked meat and great pan juices to pour over your whole dish, whether brown rice or noodles.
Why The Chicken Gets Burnt Easily?
Overcrowding. Roasts and other significant cuts of meat get dry and leathery when cooked with many other ingredients. Crowding also causes uneven cooking, with some parts of the beef undercooked while others are overcooked.
To ensure your roast doesn’t burn, always set it in a V-rack to keep it above any liquid or water in the roasting pan.
What Can I Do If It’s Turned Out Not So Good As I Expected?
Never offer something you’re unsure of at a dinner party. If in doubt, stick to something simple and ensure you prepare it well before your guests’ arrival time. That way, you get to taste it and see whether it’s up to scratch.
Do I Cook The Chicken First Then Marinate And Freeze It?
Yes, you can. If you have less time during weekdays to prepare dinner but want to impress your family, try marinating the chicken the day before. Then, all you need to do is roast it in a hot oven until fully cooked and serve it with your favorite vegetables or salad.
The same trick works for game meat such as venison and pheasant-remember that you should give wild heart 30 percent more cooking time than conventional meats.
How Can I Control The Heat When Serving?
An excellent way to keep guests from burning their tongues is to slice the cooked chicken into small pieces and arrange them on a platter. Then offer a wide variety of condiments such as chutney and mint yogurt for guests to dip them in as they, please.
Can I Use Chicken With Bones For This Trinidad Curry Chicken Recipe?
Although the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breast, another way to cook the chicken is to bone the meat. This will prevent the heart from overcooking and result in a better-tasting dish.
Allow the chicken to sit in a shallow bowl of cold water for 30 minutes before roasting so that it will quickly brown in the oven.
What Should I Do If The Masala Doesn’t Become Thick?
We generally add extra oil in tadka; otherwise, it gets scorched. But if you add excess fat, you must roast it very nicely, or it will be tough when serving.
What’s A Good Substitute For This Trinidad Curry Chicken Recipe?
When you cannot find red chilies, you can use green chilies instead. You can also consider using Tandoori chicken instead of this.
What To Do While The Chicken Is Cooking In The Oven?
Keeping the roast juices inside is good so that they can be easily scraped on the serving. You can also sprinkle some seasoning over the chicken and roast vegetables. In addition, you could also use asafoetida powder or dried fenugreek leaves instead of garam masala.