Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe is the newest hot and spicy dish that has left the world in awe. A combination of potato chip seasoning, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and thyme characterizes this dish.
The ratatouille-style coating on a whole chicken breast provides crispiness as it fries. With each bite, the result is an amazing flavor explosion that gives you all your taste buds screaming for more.
What is Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe?
Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe is a delicious chicken dish with potato chips. The combination of chicken, potato chips, and all the other flavoring gives it an exquisite taste that lovers of spicy foods will love.
The result was his passion for big flavors and combinations that reflect his love of all things interesting. This is one of the best options if you are looking for a way to spice up your next meal. The great taste and combination of ingredients will make it one of your favorites.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
How to make Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe?
Marinate for chicken
- 4-pound chicken wings or chicken leg
- Simmering Water
- Chilli flake
- 1tbsp Salt
- 4 Bay leafs
- Orange peel
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 cups buttermilk
Flour mixture with
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Three tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ teaspoon of thyme
- 2 cups of potato chips
- 1tbsp Salt
- 1tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- Eight tablespoons of olive oil for cooking
For the brine
Fill a large pot with 5 cups of water. Place the pot over high heat and bring it to a boil. Add the sugar, salt, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, and orange peel. Cook, stirring, until the sugar and salt dissolve, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Place the chicken in a large bowl and cover it with cooled brine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Set the chicken aside and discard the brine.
For the chicken
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, crushed potato chips, garlic powder, cayenne, baking powder, black pepper, and salt until combined. Transfer to a large shallow dish. Place another small container next to the flour mixture and add the buttermilk. Place a wire rack or pan next to the two words; this will be where you set your battered chicken.
Take one wing and submerge it in the buttermilk. Lift and let any excess drip back into the dish. Roll the wing in the flour mixture, coating it completely.
Fry the chicken wings or chicken leg
Let the wings dry for 10 to 15 minutes before frying. To fry the chicken: In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the canola oil to 350°F. Place a wire rack over a plate or line a pan with brown paper.
Working in batches, carefully add the chicken wings to the hot oil, careful not to crowd. Otherwise, they’ll become greasy. Once the chicken is added, the oil’s temperature will drop between 300°F to 320°F. Watch and adjust the heat to maintain a consistent 350°F temperature.
Fry the wings for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. If the chicken is getting too dark, lower the heat. Once the chicken is done, remove each piece with tongs and transfer to the prepared rack or pan to drain.
- You can cook this dish in two batches or cover the wings with aluminum foil while you fry the other batch.
- You don’t have to have a separate cooking room for frying chicken wings, but it will be much easier to control the heat if you do.
- If you are working with frozen chicken wings, place them in the oven and set them on broil for about 10 minutes before frying them. The high heat will make the skin crispy and decrease your cooking time significantly.
- Use tongs to fry the wings. This will ensure that they don’t become greasy while frying.
- Using a large wok or skillet instead of a Dutch oven will allow you to monitor your temperature more closely, allowing for faster cooking and less risk of burning your food.
- You can easily substitute white or whole wheat flour for the cornmeal. If you are looking for a healthier alternative, try using brown rice flour, as it allows you to eliminate all the unhealthy fats that commonly accompany cornmeal.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Avoid using sodium benzoate in your recipes if you are concerned about health effects. This is a preservative that, according to the Food and Drug Administration or FDA, should not be used by anyone.
- Use a wire rack to drain the chicken wings as they are cooking. If you use paper towels, they may stick and fall into the hot oil. This will make it hard for you to get them out and could cause a severe fire hazard.
- If you want crispy chicken wings, add a little more flour during the frying process and let the oil cool off before removing them from the skillet.
- When baking your chicken wings, be aware that food cooked at higher temperatures will burn faster than at lower temperatures.
- The potato chips were used for this recipe to give it a crunchy texture. For an alternative, try using celery sticks or tortilla chips instead of potato chips.
Nutrition Facts of Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe:
7 Healthy benefits of Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe –
- Potato chips are a perfect alternative to fried chicken wings, especially when trying to cut down on the fat and calories that come with them.
- The wings also provide potassium, an essential nutrient for maintaining good heart health. Potassium helps muscle contractions and thus helps regulate blood pressure.
- The hot oil used during the frying process moistens the skin of the chicken wing, making it tender and giving it a crispy texture.
- Potato chips are also a great source of potassium, as well as being low in calories.
- The chicken wings also contain protein essential for a healthy body and maintaining muscle mass. It is also a necessary component for bone growth and repair and helps maintain proper functions in the body.
- Milk contains creatine which helps you maintain the correct muscle structure so that your muscles don’t become weak or break down due to overuse.
- Buttermilk is an excellent source of calcium, strengthening your bones and teeth and preventing osteoporosis in older adults.
Can I use buttermilk instead of nonfat milk to make these chicken wings?
Okay, so it is possible to use buttermilk instead of nonfat milk in this recipe. However, if you do so, you will want to reduce the sodium and fat content because buttermilk has a slightly higher sodium rate than nonfat milk. You can also replace half of the nonfat milk with whole-fat plain yogurt or sour cream.
How do you keep fried chicken crispy and juicy?
The secret to good fried chicken is to use fresh ingredients like skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs. The second is to ensure that the chicken is completely dry and that you use boiling frying oil. If you want your fried chicken crispy, try our recipe for Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs.
What do you eat with fried chicken wings?
Fried chicken wings are great for dipping in various sauces like buffalo sauce, honey barbecue sauce, and hot or Thai chili sauce. You can also consume them with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
But the best thing to do is pair the fried chicken wings with BBQ chips. These chips are very crunchy, making them perfect for eating with fried chicken wings and having a lot of taste.
How do you make your deep-fried potato chips crunchy?
You can do this by dipping a slice of bread into the oil before you fry it and then into the crushed chips before you put them on a tray to cool off. This will make the chips create a crunchy coating.
Do you flip chicken wings when frying?
You will only need to flip your chicken wings if you are baking them. The only reason to do this is so that they can cook faster, which will make your meal taste better.
Do chicken wings float when they are done frying?
The short answer to this is no. Chicken wings will not float when frying because of the crispy skin. The good news is that they will be very crisp and have a pleasant taste to them.
How do I marinate Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe?
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, crushed potato chips, garlic powder, cayenne, baking powder, black pepper, and salt until combined. Transfer to a large shallow dish.
Place another small container next to the flour mixture and add the buttermilk. Place a wire rack or pan next to the two words; this will be where you set your battered chicken.
What best way to freeze Snoop Dogg’s fried chicken recipe?
We recommend you remove the skin from the chicken wings before freezing them, so they do not become mushy when you defrost them. Once they are cool, wrap them in plastic and store them in a freezer bag or container.
How to Reheat Fried Chicken Wings?
To Reheat Fried Chicken Wings, place them in foil and put them in a preheated 350°F oven. Bake for about 5 minutes or until hot.
Snoop Dogg is a professional rapper with years of experience in the kitchen and is a great inspiration to many people.
While potato chips may not be the first ingredient that comes to mind when you think about cooking fried chicken wings, it is a perfect alternative for those who want something crunchy on their food but want to cut down on fat and calories.