Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe is a great way to enjoy the taste of grilled chicken without the mess or hassle of even having to turn on the grill. With a few ingredients and spices, you can get away with using a saucepan and keeping your kitchen cool.
Plus, this rub recipe is perfect for those days when it’s raining outside, and staying in is more appealing. Cooking up a batch of the dry rub will keep your wings from drying out as you wait for them to grill.
What is the Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe?
You might be surprised that you have everything you need to make this recipe in your kitchen. This is an excellent place to start if you’ve wondered how to make grilled chicken wings.
This rub recipe is made with key ingredients that will add layers of flavor while keeping the meat juicy and tender. Plus, it’s super easy to make, which means it’s perfect for when you’re short on time or want something quick and delicious the whole family will enjoy.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Marinade time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 1-2 people
How to make a Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe?
For the dry rub:
- 2 TBS Sweet Paprika
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sugar in the Raw
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/8 tsp Celery Seed
For the chicken wings:
- 2-4 pounds of chicken wings (depending on how many people are eating)
Mix all the ingredients for the dry rub together in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
Prepare the grill for cooking: Preheat the grill to medium heat. Use the highest heat it can handle without smoking. You want to hold your hand clear of the grill without getting burned.
Place the chicken wing on the grill using long-handled tongs, or brush them with oil before placing them on the grill. Grill until cooked through and thoroughly cooked, no longer than 20 minutes total, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade every 5 minutes or so.
Remove chicken from the grill and allow to cool. Salt lightly and set aside.
- Always brush the wings before placing them on the grill to prevent sticking and make them easier to flip.
- If you want the dry rub to be a little more on the sweet side, add a bit of brown sugar, paprika, or another flavorful alternative.
- If you want an almost-dry rub with more moisture for a bit of body and flavor, try using honey instead of brown sugar.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, try using cayenne or chipotle.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap for 20 minutes at room temperature before grilling, and add more marinade when re-brushing during cooking for juicier chicken wings.
- Cut the chicken wings into drumettes and wings to serve more people.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Always use a thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Chicken wings can burn quickly if left on the grill too long.
- Always use fresh spices instead of old ones because they won’t be as flavorful or potent. Letting them sit out can also reduce their flavor and make them bland.
- Keep the dry rub and the marinade separate from other ingredients to keep them from contaminating each other.
- Just because something calls for oil doesn’t mean it has to be olive oil. It can be vegetables, coconut oil, or even butter. Could you keep it simple when you can?
- Always use a clean grill to avoid sticking and burning on your first go-round.
Nutrition Facts of Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe:
5 Amazing serving ideas Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe-
- Serve with a side of coleslaw and sticky rice for a complete meal.
- Serve on a roll for a sandwich wrap with the chicken, lettuce, and cheese.
- Chop up the chicken wings as an appetizer on crackers or bread squares topped with blue cheese dressing.
- Use the chopped chicken to make tacos, burritos, or tostadas with fresh ingredients like cilantro, cabbage, and crema.
- Serve as part of a BBQ appetizer spread. Top the chicken with pickled red onions, jalapeño peppers, and your favorite mustard.
What is the secret to crispy chicken wings?
The best way to make a chicken wing crispy is to marinate the chicken wings on a cutting board with some wing seasonings. The branches can then be placed in your cool oven or under the grill.
You will have a lot of fun making the wings, cooking them, and getting them ready to serve your guests. You will have yourself a recipe that is just perfect for any party you throw.
Do you put a dry rub on the wings before or after grilling?
The trick to making your chicken wings crispy and delicious is to use a dry rub before you grill. Dry rubs often contain salt and sugar, which help get the right flavor on your wings.
Do you oil chicken before seasoning?
One trick to making crispy chicken wings and drumettes is to oil your cast iron skillet with vegetable oil. Place the chicken wings or drumettes in the prepared pan and brush them on all sides with vegetable oil. This will catch excess grease and make the skin on the wings extra crispy.
Can you grill chicken wings without the marinade?
You can grill chicken wings without the marinade. It’s all up to your preference. One way to make your wings extra crispy is by oiling the skin and grilling them just like that.
What temperature do you cook chicken wings?
To make the chicken wings crispy and cooked on both sides, cook them at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 10 minutes per side until they are done thoroughly.
How do you make a Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe for kids?
If you have kids at your house, you can exclude certain ingredients to make the recipe for Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe for kids. One thing is to slice the jalapeños in half before adding them to the mix. And you can also take out the sugar and chili powder.
What is the correct way to season and prepare chicken wings for grilling?
Season your chicken wings with salt and pepper before you put them on the grill. You can also add other ingredients to the seasonings, such as paprika, cayenne, or garlic powder. Another option is to season the wings before you grill them.
What are the health benefits of the Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe?
The Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe has all the anti-oxidants your body needs to stay healthy. It contains vitamins A, vitamins B, C, and E.
These vitamins help fight infections, boost your immune system and prevent diseases. Also, it contains lots of sodium, making you sweat even sitting in a hot environment.
How To Store Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe?
You can freeze the Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. It will thaw out on its own, and you can reheat it as you would normally.
How To Reheat Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe?
You can warm up the Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe by reheating it in a small saucepan, making sure that you stir until it is heated and no longer chilled. Alternatively, you can heat the Grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe using the microwave in a microwave-safe dish.
The grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe is a great way to cook chicken wings. The best part of the recipe is that you don’t have to use oil while preparing it.
On the other hand, this grilled chicken wing dry rub recipe will help you simultaneously make delicious, crispy, and flavorful wings. This makes for an excellent addition to the menu for a dinner party or when you want to treat your guests.