Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe is one of the most popular Tex-Mex dishes, and it’s easy to make. Burritos are made with a flour tortilla, filled with Chicken, cheese, and salsa, then grilled in the oven.
Let this recipe be an inspiration to create your Mexican dish at home. A burrito is a type of wrapped food easily described as large tortilla pockets stuffed with meat or vegetables and typically served in taco or flour form.
What is the Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe?
The Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe can be easily prepared in a microwave oven and is also known as a “gordita.” The main advantages of this dish are that it is delicious, nutritious, juicy, and has a great flavor.
The main ingredients to prepare this recipe are onion, chicken breasts, cooked rice, salsa, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortillas. No special equipment is needed to prepare the grilled Chicken stuffed burrito recipe.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 20 min
- Total time: 30 min
- Yield: 2-3 servings
How to make a grilled chicken stuffed burrito recipe?
- One tablespoon paprika
- One tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- One teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Two teaspoons of garlic powder
- One teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts (diced)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese, cut in half
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce for topping (optional)
- Flour tortillas for wrapping the burritos in
Mix paprika, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Pound out the chicken breasts until they’re thin and flat. Sprinkle most of the spice mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Could you make sure they’re well-seasoned?
Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pot or rice cooker (the latter produces better results). Once it’s done, mix it with the remainder of the spices and the enchilada sauce.
Grill the Chicken; allow to cool and slice. Mash the avocado and mash in the ranch dressing, salt, and lime juice. Warm however many tortillas you wish to make burritos with.
To construct a burrito, lay a tortilla and spoon on some avocado sauce. Spread it over the middle of the tortilla.
Cut tortillas in half and place a spoonful of chicken mixture into one side. Fold the tortilla over and place it onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
Spoon sour cream over the open end of each burrito, top with remaining cheese, and cook in the oven at 350F for 2-3 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve immediately with lettuce and salsa on top.
- You can cook the Chicken by boiling or grilling.
- You can serve the burrito with a green salad on the side.
- If you wish, you may use taco sauce instead of enchilada sauce to flavor the mixture.
- If you want to make your salsa, use diced tomato, onion, and minced jalapeno pepper and mix in a small bowl with a splash of lime juice and sprinkle salt and pepper, then set aside until needed.
- The burritos can be warmed in the oven for 2-3 minutes if you like.
- The blending and mashing process produces a smooth texture for the avocados and prevents them from getting chunky or clumpy in texture.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Use fresh ingredients for the best results.
- When boiling Chicken, always use a cooking thermometer to ensure the Chicken is done inside.
- For this preferably grilled recipe, use a meat mallet to pound cutlets into thin pieces.
- Make sure to use enough rice when preparing burritos; otherwise, they might get too dry and bland when you cook them or eat them later on (unless you are using taco bell or other fast food chains, burritos are generally not made with such high-quality ingredients).
- The use of salsa in burritos is optional, so you may skip it if you wish to make a more traditional burrito with rice, Chicken, and cheese, but it is recommended because it gave the burrito a type of Mexican taste similar to Taco Bell’s burritos and other fast food chains but much fresher and made with higher quality ingredients.
Nutrition Facts of Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe:
5 Amazing serving ideas Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe-
1. Grilled chicken burritos:
A grilled chicken burrito is a popular variation of the chicken burrito recipe and is usually served with other Mexican sides such as rice, beans, and cheese. Grilling the mixture gives the burritos a nice fluffy texture and a smoky flavor.
2. Salsa stuffed chicken burritos:
Instead of frying or grilling the mixture, you can use salsa to prepare stuffed burritos by mixing cooked Black Beans and Chicken with salsa before filling your favorite flour tortilla.
3. Avocado stuffed chicken burritos:
Mix cooked rice, avocado, cheddar cheese, and sour cream, then stuff the mixture into tortillas with Chicken and onions to make one of the most delicious recipes of avocados stuffed chicken burritos.
4. Black bean stuffed chicken burrito:
By replacing cooked rice with Black Beans, you can make a delicious Recipe for a black bean-stuffed chicken burrito which is healthier than the original but just as tasty.
5. Steak stuffed chicken burrito:
This steak-filled chicken burrito recipe is one of the most delicious recipes ever. The combination of steak, rice, onion, and Chicken is mouthwatering, and the flavors and textures meet perfectly. The recipe is easy to make, but it does take some time to cook.
How do you Cook Chicken breast without drying it out?
Using a thin and flexible tortilla as the wrap, you can prevent the Chicken from falling apart, whereas, with a stick tortilla, the chicken tortillas may break when you try to shape them into a burrito.
If you become too impatient or even impatiently grab the tortilla when its too hot, you can end up burning your hand unnecessarily
How can I make my tortilla not break when wrapping up my burrito?
Small tortillas, such as those used at Taco Bell, may break when you try to wrap them up. To avoid this, you can use larger tortillas.
What is the best way to cook rice, so it doesn’t become hard in the middle?
The best way to cook rice is to use a rice cooker or the stovetop method. If you are using a rice cooker, then you have to wash and add the rice with some water, press the button, and let it boil.
If you’re using a pot, put the same ingredients in it instead of pressing a button and leaving it until it’s done. You need to check up on it every five minutes and stir.
What is the best way to cook chicken breasts?
Some of you prefer to make your food healthier by cooking it with less oil, fats, or flavoring agents. The best way to do this would be to cook it on low heat and put some spices in it.
How to go about making burritos with chicken breast recipe?
The process is straightforward if you want to make burritos with chicken breast. First, make the mixture of Chicken and black beans, place it on a tortilla or wrap, and then roll it up.
How do I make my burrito wrap stick together?
When rolling up your burrito wrap, ensure it is rolled tightly and preferably in a thin tortilla. If possible, you should avoid using thick tortillas because they are harder to roll tightly.
Can I Make Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe For My Kids?
You can undoubtedly make grilled Chicken stuffed burritos for young children because it is a very healthy recipe. The ingredients are easy to access, and you don’t need exotic ingredients that could have allergies or particular needs.
Do I need to add cheese to the burrito?
You don’t need to add any cheese if you are here at this recipe because if you do, it would clog up the tortilla or wrap and make it impossible to roll into the burrito.
What are the health benefits Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe?
A grilled chicken burrito is an excellent source of vitamin B-12, selenium, zinc, and phosphorus. It also contains some potassium and dietary fiber.
Is the grilled Chicken stuffed burrito recipe gluten-free?
The gluten-free grilled Chicken wrapped in a burrito recipe will be very healthy. Plus, with all the ingredients used in this recipe, there should be no trouble preparing it gluten-free.
What is the best tortilla for burritos?
A burrito wrap is generally any large tortilla you can fill with other ingredients such as meat, beans, and cheese. Using tortillas as wraps and covering them in different types of food is a common practice throughout Mexico.
How To Store Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe?
You can store this recipe in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week, but it is best if you prepare it on the day you plan on having it served.
How To Reheat Chicken grilled stuffed burrito recipe?
The best way to reheat chicken burritos is to put them on a microwave-safe plate, put some paper towels on it, and then put them in the microwave until you are happy with the temperature. You don’t want it to get too hot because the Chicken will cook again and become dry.
An excellent burrito recipe you can make at home is a must-try. Whenever you crave a burrito, you will be able to satisfy it without having to go out and spend money on something you can easily make at home. Once you have this recipe, your family will never want another burrito again.
The ingredients used in this recipe may not be the same as those found inside a typical burrito because we have made them healthier.