Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe is a best-seller for a reason. They make for delicious, warm fajitas in minutes with only simple ingredients. These can be made and eaten when you’re craving tacos. Just heat the whole jar on the grill for salsa to serve right with the fajitas.
This is a quick and easy chicken fajitas recipe. It’s great if you’re serving fajitas to a crowd or need something fast on the grill right after work.
What is the Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe?
The chicken fajitas on the grill recipe is a quick and easy meal you can enjoy anytime. These are perfect for when you’re craving tacos but don’t have enough time to make them. This recipe is made in just ten minutes and can be prepared a day ahead.
They can be made with many different types of meat, but Chicken is always famous. With varied fillings and topping options, they’re a great way to get a meal on the table in no time flat.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Grilling time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 fajitas
How to make Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe?
Chicken Fajita Marinade:
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Table Sugar
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup Fajita Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Two teaspoons Oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- One onion, diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder or paprika
- 4-inch long strips
- One small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- One small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- One small yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas Salsa
Mix oil, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice in a blender. Add ¼ cup of the sugar and the fajitas seasoning. Mix them with a wire whisk or blend them with a blender.
Add chicken breast to a large bowl, then pour the marinade. Mix well for 10 minutes, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Drain the marinade and sprinkle fajita seasoning over the Chicken. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. Again, you can leave it there for at least one hour.
Remove Chicken from the marinade; place on the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes per side or until done. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onion and pepper-Cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. Place Chicken in a saucepan; cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Place tortillas on the grill and cook for 1 minute on each side until grill marks appear. Stack strips of Chicken, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, and salsa on the top tortillas.
Wrap up the bottom tortillas over Chicken and salsa, then serve fajitas with guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- You can also serve the fajitas with sliced avocados, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and onions.
- Serve with extra salsa as a dip, tortillas, and corn chips to keep it extra tasty.
- Using the same chicken marinade, you can serve fajitas on the grill using burgers or steak.
- You can also use grilled Chicken in other recipes like taco salad and burritos or use it as a wing and any leftover meat parts to make fajitas on the grill recipe.
- You can increase the number of vegetables added to the recipe; use your favorite ones (zucchini, mushrooms, etc.) in place of peppers.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Vegetables should not be added to the grill unless cut into large pieces.
- Please bring all your ingredients to room temperature and serve the fajitas immediately after preparing them on the grill.
- Avoid using extra oil while marinating Chicken or other meats, as it will not taste as good in fajitas.
- It may take several attempts to get the coals in place to generate maximum heat for grilling; you may need to add more charcoal or wait for the fire to die before trying again.
Nutrition Facts of Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe:
|Total Fat||6 grams|
|Saturated fat||1.5 grams|
5 Amazing serving ideas Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe-
- Chicken fajitas on the grill are also a favorite at restaurants, and they can be served with lots of different toppings like guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Chicken fajitas on the grill also taste great during grilling season in mid-summer when you have plenty of fresh vegetables from your garden to use as ingredients.
- Try this slow cooker recipe if you only use ground beef for fajitas. To make it more healthy, try adding vegetables of your choice to the recipe.
- Add grilled Chicken to a burger or bbq sandwich recipe and top with caramelized onions and peppers for a fantastic combo that goes well with any bbq sauce and sandwiches on the grill.
- Chicken fajitas on the grill are also a quick meal; you can wrap them in tortillas, add shredded vegetables, and serve them with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream on the side.
What temperature do you grill chicken fajitas?
I have four types of grills and use the grill on all single-burner and multi-burner barbecues. In my experience, the best temperature for grilling fajitas is around 350 F (177 C) to 400F (204 C).
Depending on your grill’s hot, you may need to adjust the temperature upwards to cook fajitas at a high enough temperature.
How do I get my fajita meat tender?
The secret to getting fajita meat tender enough to be grilled is to put the cut-up chicken directly on the grill, which will not only cook the Chicken quickly but will also get the fajitas cooked through and make them so juicy.
As long as your grill temperature is high enough to sear the meat, you can tell it is ready when you can see some color developing in the beef from white to pink/brown.
How to make chicken fajitas in the oven without a grill?
I can only think of making chicken fajitas in the oven if you had a grill pan attachment for the stove. If you do, you can use it to get the same effect as grilling outside, which means that your Chicken will be tender and juicy.
To adapt any of my recipes, set the grill to medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
What do you put in chicken fajitas for extra flavor?
You can add a bunch of extra ingredients to chicken fajitas. You can put guacamole, sour cream, and salsa on top of the fajitas. You could add a fresh salad, pico de gallo, or salsa to your fajita chicken.
What kind of peppers are used in chicken fajitas?
When you order chicken fajitas at restaurants, it comes with several different bell peppers, from green to red, yellow, and orange.
What is grilled chicken salad made of?
Grilled chicken salad mixes cooked Chicken, mayonnaise, and other ingredients like celery or green grapes.
Can I Make Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe For My Kids?
The best way to make chicken fajitas for your kids is to make them in small pieces or serve them as a snack. You can marinate the cut-up chicken in different flavors with olive oil and spices before placing the meat on the grill.
You can also use only chicken breasts and cook them until they are no longer pink in the center. If you do this, you can also serve chicken fajitas with pieces of grilled corn or bell peppers.
What are the health benefits of the Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe?
There are several health benefits of chicken fajitas on the grill. Fajitas are high in protein, and they are also high in iron and vitamin C. There are also some good fats in fajitas, like heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Chicken fajitas can be a better source of protein than chicken breasts because they have different cuts of meat. Fajitas are also high in vitamins A, B6, and E, essential for healthy eyesight, skin, and immune function.
How to make fajita seasoning mix?
Add fajita seasoning or other flavors to the chicken marinade and season it with extra salt and pepper as needed. You can also use crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper for some heat, along with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
How Do I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free As Well?
You can make gluten-free chicken fajitas on the grill recipe using gluten-free tortillas, wheat-free flour, and plenty of fresh vegetables. To make them gluten-free, use a tortilla from sprouted whole-grain corn and wild rice flour.
Can I Make Fajitas with Different Meats?
You can use any cut of meat for chicken fajitas on the grill recipe, such as steak, pork loin, bacon, and more. Just try to ensure that it is not too lean or overcooked for fajitas so that it does not end up drying out into tough meat.
Can I Grill Chicken Fajitas on my Stovetop?
I have never tried cooking chicken fajitas on my stovetop, but I have cooked them in the oven. You can turn your stovetop into a gas or charcoal grill by buying a small burner and then putting it directly over the pot you are cooking your fajitas in.
How To Store Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe?
I recommend you store chicken fajitas on the grill recipe in an airtight container in your fridge after they have been cooked.
Ensure that the marinade has fully absorbed into the Chicken to get the most flavor out of your meal. You can freeze cooked fajitas for up to 2 months at 0°F (or -17 C).
How Do I Reheat Chicken fajitas on the grill recipe?
You can reheat chicken fajitas on the grill recipe in the microwave or a pan over a stove. If you reheat chicken fajitas on the stove, you can use oil to sauté them overheat.
The chicken fajitas on the grill recipe is a great way to prepare Chicken on a barbecue, and it is so easy to turn out juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken fajitas every time.
The best part is that you can use various meat and toppings to get chicken fajitas that fit your taste. Many people love chicken fajitas, and I hope you will enjoy cooking this recipe as much as I do.