The Pub Chicken Curry recipe combines succulent pieces of Chicken with aromatic spices and a rich, creamy sauce that will tantalize your taste buds. This article will guide you through creating this delectable pub-inspired chicken curry.
We’ve covered everything, from the necessary ingredients to the cooking techniques. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make the Pub Chicken Curry recipe to impress your friends and family.
What is the Pub Chicken Curry Recipe?
Pub Chicken Curry Recipe is a tasty dish that combines chicken and vegetables in a thick, tomato-based sauce. It’s the perfect meal for cold winter nights.
Pub Chicken Curry Recipe is a delicious chicken dish for lunch or dinner. It includes vegetables in the sauce, which makes it an excellent meal for any time of day
How Long Will It Take to Prepare?
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty level: Easy
How to Make The Pub Chicken Curry Recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
- 500 grams of chicken, boneless and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One large onion, finely chopped
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- Two tablespoons of curry powder
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- One teaspoon of ground coriander
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon paprika
- One can (400 grams) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Instructions For The Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
Preparing the Chicken
Before you start cooking, it’s essential to prep the chicken. Ensure the chicken is boneless and cut into bite-sized pieces. Thoroughly wash the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Set the prepared chicken aside for later use.
Making the Curry Paste
The key to a flavorful Pub Chicken Curry lies in the curry paste. Follow these steps to make a delicious paste: In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric powder, and paprika. Add a splash of water to the spice mixture and mix well to form a thick paste. Set aside.
Sautéing the Aromatics
Now it’s time to infuse the dish with the aromatic flavors of onion, garlic, and ginger. Follow these steps: Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat.
Add the finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Cooking the Chicken
With the aromatics sautéed, it’s time to add the chicken to the pan and cook it to perfection: Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken pieces to the pan. Cook the chicken until it turns golden brown on all sides, ensuring it’s cooked.
Adding the Curry Paste and Spices
To intensify the flavors, incorporate the curry paste and spices into the dish: Lower the heat to medium and add the prepared curry paste to the pan. Mix well, ensuring the chicken is coated evenly with the spice mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste for added seasoning.
Simmering the Curry
Now it’s time to add the tomato and chicken broth to create a delicious curry base: Pour the chopped tomatoes and chicken broth into the pan. Stir the mixture gently, allowing the flavors to meld together. Bring the curry to a gentle simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
Adding the Cream and Finishing Touches
To achieve the signature creamy texture of Pub Chicken Curry, follow these steps: After simmering the curry for about 15 minutes, remove the lid and pour in the heavy cream. Mix the cream with the curry, stirring well, creating a luscious sauce. Let the curry simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
Serving and Enjoying the Pub Chicken Curry
The time has come to savor the fruits of your labor. Follow these steps to serve and enjoy your Pub Chicken Curry: Garnish the curry with fresh cilantro leaves for an added flavor. Serve the Pub Chicken Curry hot with steamed rice or warm naan bread. Enjoy the aromatic spices and creamy sauce that make this dish a pub-style favorite.
Additional Tips For Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Marinating the Chicken: For even more flavor, consider marinating the chicken pieces in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, and spices for a few hours before cooking. This will tenderize the meat and infuse it with delicious flavors.
- Adding Fresh Ingredients: While the recipe calls for canned chopped tomatoes, you can enhance the flavor by using fresh ripe tomatoes instead. Finely dice the tomatoes and add them during the cooking process for a fresher and tangier taste.
- Adjusting the Spice Level: If you prefer a milder curry, reduce the curry powder or omit the paprika altogether. Likewise, if you enjoy a spicier curry, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili flakes to dial up the heat.
- Serving Suggestions: While rice or naan bread are traditional accompaniments, don’t be afraid to explore other serving options. For a unique twist, try serving the Pub Chicken Curry over quinoa, couscous, or even mashed potatoes.
Precautions For Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Cooking Chicken Thoroughly: Ensure that the Chicken is cooked thoroughly to avoid any risk of foodborne illnesses. Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the Chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to consume.
- Avoid Cross-Contamination: Avoid cross-contamination using separate cutting boards, utensils, and plates for raw Chicken and other ingredients. Clean and sanitize any surfaces or utensils that come into contact with raw Chicken to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Adjusting Spice Levels: Be cautious when adding spices to the curry. It’s always better to start with less and adjust to taste gradually. Some herbs can be strong and overpowering, so finding the right balance to suit your preference is essential.
- Storing Leftovers: If you have any leftovers, store them promptly in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Consume the pieces within 2-3 days to ensure freshness and taste. Reheat the curry thoroughly before serving.
- Ingredient Substitutions: If you need to substitute any ingredients due to allergies or personal preferences, ensure the replacements are suitable for the recipe. Make sure to consider the flavor profile and cooking characteristics of the substitutes to maintain the overall taste and texture of the dish.
Nutrition Fact Of Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
|Total Fat||5.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.1 g|
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion sizes used in the recipe. It’s always a good idea to refer to the nutritional information on the specific products you use and adjust the serving sizes accordingly to get an accurate representation of the nutrition facts.
5 best Variations of Pub Chicken Curry Recipe:
1. Thai-Inspired Pub Chicken Curry:
Give your Pub Chicken Curry a Thai twist by adding ingredients like Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, and fresh herbs like lemongrass and Thai basil. This variation will bring your curry a delightful blend of spicy and aromatic flavors.
2. Creamy Butter Chicken Curry:
Infuse your Pub Chicken Curry with a rich and creamy twist by incorporating butter and cream into the recipe. This variation will result in a velvety smooth sauce with a hint of richness reminiscent of the popular Butter Chicken dish.
3. Spicy Vindaloo Pub Chicken Curry:
If you love spicy food, try making a Vindaloo-inspired version of Pub Chicken Curry. Increase the chili powder, add extra spices like fenugreek and mustard seeds, and a splash of vinegar for that tangy and fiery flavor typical of Vindaloo curries.
4. Coconut Curry Pub Chicken:
Add coconut milk to your Pub Chicken Curry for a tropical and mildly sweet variation. The coconut milk will add a creamy and slightly sweet taste that pairs well with the spices. Consider adding diced pineapple or mango for an extra burst of freshness.
5. Mediterranean-Inspired Pub Chicken Curry:
Give your Pub Chicken Curry a Mediterranean twist by adding sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and lemon zest. This variation will bring a vibrant and tangy flavor profile to your curry, reminiscent of Mediterranean cuisine.
Pub Chicken Curry Recipe is a simple dish for yourself or your loved one. It’s made with healthy ingredients that will satisfy your appetite and ensure you’re well-fuelled for the rest of the day.
I hope my recipe for Pub Chicken Curry Recipe will help you keep your dinners exciting and satisfying!
People Frequently ask questions
What can I serve with Pub Chicken Curry?
Pub Chicken Curry pairs well with steamed rice, naan bread, or roti. These accompaniments help to soak up the flavorful curry sauce and provide a satisfying meal. You can also serve it with fresh salad or pickles for added texture and freshness.
Can I make Pub Chicken Curry in a slow cooker or Instant Pot?
You can adapt the recipe for a slow cooker or Instant Pot. For a slow cooker, simply combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours until the Chicken is cooked through. For an Instant Pot, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking chicken curry using the appropriate settings.
Can I adjust the spice level of the curry?
Absolutely! You can adjust the spice level to your taste. If you prefer a milder curry, reduce the curry powder or omit the paprika. You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes for a spicier kick.
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
You can make a dairy-free version of Pub Chicken Curry. Substitute the heavy cream with coconut or dairy-free alternatives like cashew cream. Ensure that the other ingredients you use are also dairy-free.