Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe is an excellent dish for any time of year. It is perfect when you are in the mood for Chinese food and want to keep it healthy. This recipe can be modified to suit your taste buds.
The best part about this recipe is that you can enjoy grilled teriyaki chicken any time you want. This meal is delicious; you can keep it healthy by grilling it instead of frying it in oil.
What is the Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe?
Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe is a quick and easy meal for a busy day. It’s also low-cost and delicious when you don’t want to go out for dinner. This recipe can be made in a hurry at home with ingredients found at most stores.
If you are thinking of making this dish, follow the instructions and prepare the ingredients. This is a great dish to have when you have company.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Marinade time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4
How to make Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe?
For the Marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One tablespoon cornstarch
- Two tablespoons Shaoxing wine or cooking sherry
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Two tablespoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- One tablespoon cornstarch
- Two tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Two teaspoons garlic
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
- Two teaspoons ginger
- Three tablespoons Shaoxing wine or cooking sherry
In a shallow bowl, combine the olive oil, cornstarch, and salt. Add the chicken strips and stir to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Mix the reduced-sugar soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and rice vinegar in a separate small bowl until smooth.
In a large bowl, pour the oil mixture and add one tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce. Gently stir to combine. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat with the marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes, going once or twice. Drain off any excess marinade.
Place a skillet or non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, make the teriyaki sauce. Mix the remaining two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and ¼ cup water in a small bowl until smooth.
Whisk in the cornstarch mixture until smooth. Whisk in the remaining teriyaki sauce and add two teaspoons of sesame oil.
Place a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce and sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside for later use.
Remove the chicken pieces from the pan, coat them with any remaining sauce if necessary, and transfer them to a serving dish.
- A non-stick skillet works well when cooking chicken strips as they won’t stick like a regular pan.
- A thermometer is an excellent way to ensure that your chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Add in fresh vegetables for an added kick of flavor and texture.
- You can also serve the dish with rice or brown rice if desired, as it goes well with both types of rice.
- Other seasonings that work well with this recipe are garlic powder, dried minced onion, and dried minced ginger.
- You can add a basil leaf or two for an additional taste boost.
- You can switch out the amount of brown sugar in the marinade to your taste. However, please be aware that reducing the amount of brown sugar will make this dish less sweet.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Using a griddle/non-stick pan, you can skip the marination step by sprinkling the chicken with about two teaspoons of cornstarch and letting it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Be careful when cooking with this recipe. The teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar are all high in sodium. Therefore you should use the least amount necessary to achieve the right flavor.
- Do not add extra salt due to the seasoned teriyaki sauce.
- To avoid oil buildup, slide a sheet of aluminum foil under the grill when using it to keep it clean and grease-free.
- When cooking with this recipe, make sure to lower your heat and cook at a medium-low temperature until your chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nutrition Facts of Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe:
5 Amazing serving ideas for Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe-
1. Serve with rice:
Cook the rice simultaneously with the chicken, but use white rice for a more natural flavor.
2. Serve with french fries:
Add some crispy french fries, and you have one delicious-looking meal.
3. Serve with stir-fried vegetables:
Make an extra marinade, add some stir-fried vegetables and throw in chicken strips to keep things interesting.
4. Serve with salad:
Use the teriyaki sauce as a dressing with a mix of greens.
5. Serve over cooked pasta:
Add cooked pasta to your plate, add some chicken strips and the veggies you cooked, and you have a great meal full of healthy ingredients.
Do you have to use a non-stick pan?
We prefer using non-stick pans as the chicken does not stick, and it is easier to clean up after cooking. However, if you do not have a non-stick pan and don’t want to spend the money on 1, you can use an oil spray and cover it with foil during cooking to prevent sticking.
How much teriyaki sauce should I use?
The teriyaki sauce is not as sweet as ketchup, so go easy. The Teriyaki sauce is used in large amounts to add flavor and aroma to the dish, but it can become too salty if used in excess.
What kind of sugar works best?
Any sugar can work, but brown sugar gives the dish a unique taste that you may prefer. Instead of brown sugar, you can also use honey or any other sweetener. But make sure to adjust the amount accordingly for your taste buds.
What to do if the chicken is too dry while grilling?
If the chicken starts to dry, place it back in the pan and add a tablespoon of oil or butter. When you do this, make sure to heat it on high until the oil is hot. Also, ensure that your heat is on medium-low when cooking the chicken.
Can I pour the marinade over it?
Instead of pouring the marinade over the chicken, you can dip them into the bowl of marinade. This will make your chicken taste better and allow you to use the marinade for other things.
What temperature should I cook my teriyaki chicken?
Try to cook the chicken over a medium temperature for the most flavor. However, if you don’t want them to dry, try cooking them at a higher temperature. Please make sure you always check the chicken and adjust it as needed.
What happens if you cook the chicken for too long?
The chicken will be hard and dry. You have to watch it to see if it is ready constantly. If you overcook it, the meat will be too harsh and dry, so you will have to wait many hours to eat it again.
How do you make a Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe for kids?
Kids love this type of food as it tastes great, and they also love to help in the process. To make this recipe for kids, try removing the sugar and using one tablespoon of brown sugar instead. You can also cut down on the teriyaki sauce or add some shredded carrots to give it a bit more sweetness.
What are the health benefits of the Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe?
If you are trying to cut down on the amount of saturated fat you eat, this recipe is perfect for you. All of the ingredients in this dish are low in fat and have a lot of fiber and nutrients.
There are also no preservatives or additives that you need to worry about either. This recipe is also low in carbs, cholesterol, and sodium which will give your body a break from all those things that it has to deal with from other ingredients.
How To Store Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe?
After you have cooked the chicken, let it cool down. Then you can place it in a plastic bag and store it in the fridge for up to three days. Ensure you remove the air from the bag before storing it for the best results.
How To Reheat Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken recipe?
When you want to reheat your chicken, place it in a dish covered with foil and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Doing this will not lose any natural juices that do not have time to dry out while cooking.
We know that you will love this recipe as much as we do. This recipe is perfect for all occasions and tastes great with any diet. You can add some potatoes or veggies if you want to make it taste even better.
To make things even better, why not cook this dish with a friend and have a great time together Panda express grilled teriyaki chicken is the type of recipe that you can’t stop eating.