Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe is one of the most delicious recipes you can make with your crockpot. Comparatively, to make it a little bit easier, we have provided the simple ingredients and instructions below.
The recipe is also split into separate sections to allow you to work from different parts at different times if you want to save time or just eat dinner faster and at a more convenient time.
What is the Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe?
The Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe is an extraordinary Chinese-American dish prepared in a crock pot. In addition, the dish consists of ingredients usually cooked in a skillet and other ingredients such as frozen peas, carrots, and corn (for added moisture).
A typical recipe calls for chicken breasts to be cooked until tender. As a matter of fact, these meats are then cut into small pieces and mixed with rice, egg, soy sauce, vegetable oil, onion powder, and garlic powder into the sauce. It is then placed on low heat to simmer until done.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
How to make a Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe?
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups long-grain jasmine rice
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots (12 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- One yellow onion diced
- Two teaspoons of minced garlic
- Three tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots (12 ounces)
- Four large eggs
- Four tablespoons of soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
In the first place, pour teriyaki sauce into the slow cooker. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then add to slow cooker.
Then Place diced onions and minced garlic on top of the Chicken. Equally, drizzle toasted sesame seed oil over the Chicken. Comparatively, set the crockpot on High for 1 hour to cook Chicken.
Also, while the Chicken is cooking, prepare rice according to the directions on the package. Cool to room temperature, of course.
Additionally, once the Chicken has cooked, allow the slow cooker to stay in the “warm” function. Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces then places back into the slow cooker.
Then add rice, frozen peas, carrots, and soy sauce and stir well to combine-place the lid on the slow cooker.
As well as lightly scramble and cook eggs in a skillet, then add to the rice mixture. In like manner, serve warm with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Also, Cooked Chicken can be added to the slow cooker. Place raw Chicken in a skillet and cover with teriyaki sauce. Cook the Chicken until it is fully cooked, and then add it to the slow cooker.
- In like manner, steamed broccoli florets can be added to this recipe for an added crunch and flavor.
- In addition, frozen broccoli florets can be used instead of frozen peas and carrots if you prefer not to use canned vegetables.
- Identically rice, frozen peas, and carrots can be purchased in frozen bags at your local grocery store.
- Of course, adjust the amount of soy sauce used depending on your desired level of saltiness.
- Place sliced green onions on top of the meal before serving if you want to add additional color and flavor to your dish.
- Frozen french-cut green beans or sugar snap peas may be added for an added crunch in this recipe instead of frozen carrots and peas if desired.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Cooked Chicken can also be added to the slow cooker. Place raw Chicken in a skillet and cover with teriyaki sauce. Cook the Chicken until it is fully cooked, then add to the crock pot.
- You must read the directions and instructions on the package of your rice before making this meal to ensure that you cook the rice properly.
- If using frozen peas and carrots, you may need to add a few extra tablespoons of liquid to the slow cooker to compensate for the moisture lost when you thaw them.
- Rice and peas can be added at any time during cooking if desired. You do not need to cook them separately in advance, as this will not change the taste of your dish.
- For a thicker rice dish, use 1 cup of long-grain rice. If using brown rice, you may need to cook it for approximately 2 hours and use one ½cups of uncooked brown rice.
Nutrition facts of Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe:
7 healthy benefits of including Chicken in your diet
1. Healthy Heart:
A high-protein diet is known to lower the risk of heart disease. Chicken is a high-protein food that can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart problems.
2. Weight Loss:
A 2010 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that people who ate more than one serving of Chicken per day were more likely to lose weight than those who ate less or no chicken.
3. General Health:
A diet rich in antioxidant-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, dark chocolate, and Chicken has been shown to provide health benefits against diseases associated with oxidative stress, such as cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Immune System:
Chicken is an excellent source of selenium, an essential mineral that aids in producing white blood cells called lymphocytes. Selenium plays a role in immune cell activity, and a deficiency can result in reduced immune function and an increased risk of infection.
5. Healthy Bones:
Chicken is an excellent source of calcium and provides you with over 30 percent of the recommended daily amount, which contributes to stronger bones and a healthier heart.
6. Healthy Pregnancy:
Taking plenty of folic acids during pregnancy can reduce the risk of congenital disabilities like spina bifida and anemia symptoms like fatigue. Chicken is also a rich source of iron which helps to increase your energy levels and maintain healthy blood cells.
7. Healthy Weight:
A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition found that eating a diet rich in protein, such as Chicken, helps to reduce weight gain and prevent type 2 diabetes.
What is the best combination for Chicken fried rice?
It depends on your personal preferences. Some people prefer a small portion of Chicken and more vegetables, while others favor an equal amount of each. Try different combinations to see what you like best.
Do you add egg before or after fried rice?
The American Egg Board states that adding eggs early in the process will stop the rice from sticking together but adding it right before the dish is served adds some softness and creaminess to this dish.
Why is vinegar added to fried rice?
Vinegar adds a sour flavor to this dish and soaks up the excess fat created by olive oil.
Why is my Chicken fried rice dry?
The key is to use protein-rich meat such as Chicken, lean ground beef, or pork which will create more moisture and prevent your fried rice from becoming too dry. Adding more soy sauce and mayonnaise at the end of the cooking process can also increase the overall flavor of your dish.
Can I crack an egg into my rice cooker?
You can crack an egg into your rice cooker and cook it on the stovetop, but you will need to monitor the time it takes for the egg white to turn opaque to ensure it is fully cooked.
Chicken fried rice is one of those dishes loved by many people, especially kids.
What is a healthy way to cook brown rice?
Brown rice tends to take longer than other rice varieties, but the good news is that you don’t need to use much liquid and only need to boil before turning the temperature down.
How To Store Chicken fried rice crockpot recipe?
This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat it by placing it into a microwave-safe container.
The rice can also be frozen. Place the meal into a freezer-safe bag, label the date, and put it in the freezer. Thaw the meal overnight in the refrigerator and heat it in your microwave until piping hot.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken?
If you do not plan to eat all leftover meals immediately, they can be reheated in the microwave. If reheating in the oven, keep it covered with foil to prevent the rice from becoming soggy.
This recipe is perfect if you are looking for something that will keep you full and your family happy. This recipe is almost guaranteed to provide a healthy meal for the whole family. If you want to eat healthier this year, I hope this tasty chicken fried rice crockpot recipe will help you achieve that goal.