West Indian curry chicken recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish with many spices. Curry is an Indian spice that is added in for flavour. The word has a lot of vegetables to provide nutritional value as well as taste and yellow rice cooked in coconut milk to give it an authentic touch. It’s an easy dish to make and will take less than one hour from start to finish.
What is the West Indian curry chicken recipe?
West Indian curry chicken recipe is a great way to show people the cuisine of the Caribbean. The West Indies are a collection of islands in the Atlantic Ocean, all located to the left and east of the mainland of North America.
These islands have a very diverse population with different cultures, and it is hard to confine them under one umbrella, but all belief in good food, music and fun.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
How to make a West Indian curry chicken recipe?
Essential Ingredients For West Indian curry chicken recipe:
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 onion hacked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato glue
- 1 scotch hood pepper, cultivated and hacked (discretionary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- New cilantro, fell for embellish
Directions For West Indian curry chicken recipe:
Consolidate the curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and paprika in a little bowl. Blend well.
Heat the oil in an enormous skillet over medium intensity. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they relax.
Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until sautéed on all sides, around 5-7 minutes.
Sprinkle the zest combination over the chicken and mix well to cover.
Add the tomato glue, coconut milk, and scotch hat pepper (if utilizing). Mix to join.
Lessen the intensity to low and stew for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked and delicate.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with rice and enhanced with cleaved cilantro.
Additional Tips For West Indian curry chicken recipe:
- Chicken with the bone-in will, in general, have more flavour and deliciousness than boneless chicken. Along these lines, if conceivable, utilize chicken pieces with bones like drumsticks, thighs, or wings for this recipe.
- Marinate more flavour into the chicken for an hour with yoghurt, tastes, and lime or lemon juice. This will likewise soften the meat and assist it with cooking equally.
- To draw out the kinds of flavours, toast them in a dry skillet for a couple of moments before adding them to the curry. This step is particularly significant for full flavours like cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
- Coconut milk adds a velvety, rich surface to the curry and adjusts the flavours. Utilize full-fat coconut milk for the best outcomes.
- Let the curry stew on low intensity for 30 minutes to permit the flavors to merge and the chicken to become delicate. On the off chance that you have the opportunity, you might concoct it for an hour for a more delightful outcome.
- Serve your West Indian curry chicken with conventional backups like rice, roti, or naan bread. You can add a bit of yoghurt or mango chutney for additional character.
Precautions For West Indian curry chicken recipe:
- Guarantee that every fix you use is new and of good quality. This will guarantee that your curry chicken is delightful and protected to consume.
- While dealing with crude chicken, being cautious and avoiding cross-tainting is essential. Utilize separate cutting sheets, utensils, and plates for natural chicken, and consistently clean up when caring for it.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked completely to an interior temperature of 165°F (74°C) to guarantee all destructive microscopic organisms are obliterated.
- If you have any extras, store them in the cooler for no less than two hours of cooking. Reserves should be consumed within three to four days or frozen for more extended capacity.
- West Indian curry chicken can be fiery, so change how much hot pepper or curry powder you would prefer.
Nutrition Facts Of West Indian curry chicken recipe:
|Saturated fat||7 g|
5 unique serving ideas For West Indian curry chicken recipe:
1. Rice and Peas-
Serve your West Indian curry chicken with a side of rice and peas. This exemplary Caribbean side dish is made with rice, kidney beans, coconut milk, and flavours and coordinates impeccably with the particular kinds of curry chicken.
Another good Caribbean backup to curry chicken is roti, a sort of Indian flatbread. Utilize the roti to gather the chicken and sauce, or detach parts of the purpose as a utensil.
Equilibrium out the extravagance of the curry chicken by serving it with a new and energetic plate of mixed greens. A straightforward green plate of mixed greens with cucumber, tomato, and red onion wearing a citrus vinaigrette is an incredible choice.
4. Seared Plantains-
Add pleasantness and surface to your curry chicken plate with broiled plantains. Just cut ready plantains and sear them until brilliant brown and caramelized.
5. Naan Bread-
If you don’t approach roti, naan bread is another delectable choice. The cushioned, pillowy bread is ideal for absorbing the delightful sauce from the curry chicken.
Ultimate West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe is nothing like the standard, boring chickens we buy at the store. The fantastic West Indian curry chicken recipe requires some uncommon doings that give the curry chicken a thoroughly exotic and gratifying outcome that is unquestionably extraordinary.
People Frequently ask questions
What Are The Ingredients Required To Prepare A West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe?
To cook a chicken curry recipe – tomato paste, whole spices, coconut milk, lime juice, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, and garam masala powder are required. Other ingredients like onion, oil, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mustard seeds, and salt may also be required.
Is It Safe To Eat For Babies And Children?
It is safe to eat for infants and children. Even toddlers are not affected by this dish because Indian food is made in such a safe way that there is no chance of toxic effects.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken For The Indian Curry Chicken Recipe?
Please make sure that the chicken is thawed. Usually, the recipes on this site do not use frozen chicken because sometimes it has spoiled. But when you make this dish at home, you can use frozen, thawed chicken to prepare for the recipe. If you are sure the chicken has been melted, go ahead with your West Indian Curry Chicken recipe as usual.
What Are The Tips For Preparing West Indian Curry Chicken Recipes Quickly?
To make this dish easily, you can use the following two tricks. Firstly, you can use mashed potatoes for cooking it. It will save you some time in giving results. Secondly, you can add fresh green chilies to this dish to provide a better taste and flavor than without green chilies.
How To Store West Indian Curry Chicken Recipes?
You can store this dish in the refrigerator for 2 -3 days. However, after 3 days, the taste and flavor of this dish may start changing. So cannot be stored excessively longer.
What Is The Use Of Spices In West Indian Curry Chicken Recipes?
The spices used in this dish are beneficial for providing original taste, flavor, and aroma to this dish. They also help improve this dish’s nutritional value, especially protein.
How To Make A Spicy Chicken Recipe?
When you make a West Indian curry chicken recipe at home, add some fresh green chilies or red chili powder to get more spiciness. But whether you want a spicy or non-spicy dish depends on your taste.
How To Make The Best West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe?
It is better to use boneless chicken for this recipe. After cutting the chicken into small pieces, cook it until it is half done. Then add onion, ginger garlic paste, and spices to the pan and sauté until the color of the onion changes.
Now you can add tomato paste, stock, and coconut milk into this bowl and cover the lid to cook until the chicken becomes soft. Add lime juice at the end before serving.
What To Eat With West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe?
I think the best idea is to serve this dish with boiled rice or cooked vegetables. They are usually eaten with chicken curry, so it is an excellent combination to do them together. If you are making this dish for lunch, I suggest you have it with some chapattis or bread and a delicious mango pickle.
What Are The Health Benefits Of West Indian Curry Chicken Recipes?
The main ingredient of this dish is chicken, which has reasonable amounts of proteins and iron. Both are essential for a baby’s or child’s growth and development. Also, coconut milk has many fats that make it more delicious.
How To Serve West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe?
You can serve West Indian curry chicken recipes as tiffin or a healthy lunch box. It is one of the easiest Indian dishes, which is loved worldwide. The best part of this dish is that it can be prepared within a few minutes, so it is a fast lunch with all the fresh ingredients.