Smoked chicken breast in electric smokers recipe is a recipe for a smoked chicken breast cooked in an electric smoker. This method of smoking a chicken is quick and easy.
The low heat from the electric smoker produces moist, tender meat with good flavor and does not burn or overcook as quickly as other methods. Smoked chicken breast in an electric smoker is a recipe for meat lovers. This recipe is easy and delicious.
What is the Smoked chicken breast in electric smoker?
The smoked chicken breast in electric smoker recipe combines different cooking techniques. This recipe is easy and delicious.
The chicken breasts are lightly smoked, giving the meat a smoky flavor with a light char, followed by an hour of slow cooking in the electric smoker. The result is succulent and juicy chicken breasts with crispy skin that taste great or can be used as filling.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Marinated time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour for smoking
- Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 people
- Smoker temperature: 275 degrees
- Meat Finish temperature: 165 degrees
How to make Smoked chicken breast in electric smoker?
Smoked chicken breast in Electric smoke:
- Four large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ Cup Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
BBQ Dry Rub:
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
Equipment for the recipe:
- Electric Smoker
- Aluminum Pan
- Grill Tongs
- Basting brush
- Cutting Board
Rinse and Season the Chicken Breasts. Remove the chicken breasts from their packaging and rinse them under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. 4 Chicken Breasts. Brush some olive oil on each side of each raw chicken breast. 1 Tbsp Olive Oil is brushing oil on bare chicken breasts.
Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Apply dry rub seasoning to each breast, covering evenly on all sides., or our “In a Pinch” Recipe Below sprinkling seasoning on chicken breasts
Start the Electric Smoker:
Open up the electric smoker door and ensure the racks are all cleaned off, oiled up, and in their proper place. Remove any shelves you do not plan to use to make cleanup easier later.
Leave one shelf at the bottom for your disposable aluminum water pan. Fill a disposable aluminum tray halfway with water and place it on the bottom shelf. Close the door.
Plug in and turn on the electric smoker and set the temperature to 275°F an electric smoker set to 275 degrees Once the electric smoker is up to temperature, put one load of wood chips in the chip loader and turn clockwise to dump them into the wood chip tray inside. There is no need to soak the wood chips in water. Do not add more wood chips throughout the cook.
Continue smoking the chicken breasts, occasionally rotating until the internal temperature of each breast reaches 150-155°F internally. This may take about 60-70 minutes.
Open the door and gently baste the sauce on each smoked chicken breast with a basting brush. Work quickly, and do not leave the door open too long. Close the door and continue cooking.
½ Cup Blues Hog Original Sauce is brushing barbecue sauce on chicken breasts smoking in an electric smoker. Once the internal temperature of the smoked chicken breasts reaches 165°F, remove them from the electric smoker and place them on a cutting board or serving tray.
- Always use a digital food thermometer when smoking chicken to ensure you are hitting the internal temperatures. This will give you the best results and allows you to smoke chicken to perfection.
- You can experiment with different spices, but remember that poultry has a milder and more tender flavor than red meat. If you have too many intense flavors, it will be overpowering for the chicken. Remember that this chicken will absorb the juices from the rub and the smoke, so keep it simple.
- Chicken is an excellent protein source and has less fat than other meats, so any time you want to introduce new meats into your diet, this is one of your best options.
- Rub and baste with sauce will give the chicken some extra flavor, and you can use the leftover sauce for dipping, or if you want a little more kick, sprinkle some hot pepper flakes in a small bowl
- Save your extra sauce for dipping or to add to other recipes.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Spices do not need to be exact measurements in this recipe (the amounts are for approximate payments). This recipe is about getting the chicken cooked on the inside and tender on the outside, so no matter what, your spice mixture will still be delicious.
- This recipe can smoke chicken breasts in a giant smoker. You just need to increase the temperature or time by 1 or 2 degrees, and you can keep the chicken breast smoking at the same temp for longer. Just don’t forget to monitor it at regular intervals.
- Wrap raw chicken in aluminum foil before smoking and use it for basting after cooking. This will ensure a moist, tender chicken breast without burning fats and juices from the meat leaking onto your grill or stovetop surface.
- If you use the chicken as a filling, you will want to chop the breasts into smaller pieces, so they do not take too long to cook. You can also shred them with a fork, but they will be more tender if chopped.
- Using a Thermometer to monitor the temperature at which you are cooking your meat is very important because chicken breast is much more sensitive than other meats.
Nutrition Facts of Smoked chicken breast in the Electric smoker-
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
7 health benefits of Smoked chicken breast in electric smoker-
- Chicken is a very lean meat, and when you use an electric smoker to prepare it, it turns out juicy and tender on the inside and then covered with a flavorful dry rub crust. Chicken breast is also an excellent choice for those watching their fat intake.
- Chicken is rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, also known as vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid, which helps with energy metabolism. It also aids in proper nervous system functioning and encourages healthy skin, hair, lungs, breasts, and liver health.
- Chicken is a low-fat food, so when you prepare it in an electric smoker, it turns out juicy and tender on the inside and then covered with a flavorful dry rub crust. Chicken breast is also an excellent choice for those watching their fat intake.
- Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein and nutrients, especially thiamine, niacin, zinc, selenium, folate, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid. This helps boost energy metabolism in the body and promotes immune health.
- Eating chicken will reduce your risk of developing cancer. Studies have shown that people who eat more than four servings per week of cooked chicken are less likely to develop colon, stomach, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
- Protein is excellent for weight loss because it helps boost metabolism and helps with weight loss. It has a high thermic effect meaning it burns off more calories than other nutrients the body burns because it requires energy to be metabolized.
- The chicken will also help you maintain a healthy weight because it is low in calories but still high in protein and nutrients.
How do you use an electric smoker to smoke chicken?
Electric smokers are a great way to flavor the meats you smoke. Chickens have been smoked for years in many different ways, but today we can use electric smokers, which are clean and easy to use. When you smoke your chicken in an electric smoker, it will not only enhance the flavor but also give you tender, juicy meat with a beautiful color.
What ingredients and spices should I use for making smoked chicken breast in an electric smoker?
There are many different ways of preparing chicken, but one of the most popular is smoking it. You can smoke chicken breast or chicken wings in a smoker using all sorts of spices and ingredients. You can use smoke gums and rubs, or you can also use hot peppers and other spices to give your smoked breast some heat.
What temperature do you smoke chicken in an electric smoker?
When you smoke chicken in a smoker, the ideal temperature is around 250-275 degrees Fahrenheit. This will allow the chicken to slowly and gently cook, resulting in tender meat on the inside.
The slow heat will also melt away sugars and fat, leaving very flavorful meat without all of the pungent smells that are associated with grilling or frying.
What is the best rub for smoking chicken breasts?
The best rub for smoking chicken breasts is one that you can make yourself. You can use hot peppers, garlic, and other herbs and spices to add the flavor you want to your chicken. You could also add different flavors by adding barbecue sauce at the end of the cooking process.
How much sauce do I need to use for basting a smoked chicken breast in an electric smoker?
You will want to use a little bit of sauce, just enough to baste your chicken while it is cooking. You do not want to cover the meat with sauce because you will like it crispy and smoky on the outside. You can use a dry rub for smoking your breast, but if you are using a sauce as well, you can certainly add some extra flavor.
What must you do before smoking chicken breasts in an electric smoker?
To prepare your chicken to be smoked, you should ensure that it is dry in some areas. You will want to ensure that the juices have been removed or that they might drip straight into the heat source, which would cause flames.
The smoke will still impart its flavor onto the meat, but you do not want to ruin all of your hard work and get a black piece of wood or fire pit.
How do you keep chicken moist when smoking?
When you smoke your chicken in an electric smoker, you will want to take care of it in a way that keeps the juices inside. You can use a dry rub to maintain moisture, but if you have time, add liquid to the grill or smoker and then place the meat into the liquid.
Do you flip chicken breasts when smoking?
You will want to take care of your chicken breast by flipping it in the smoker at least once. You will want to ensure that all sides have been cooked so you can cook the meat from every angle.
How do you make smoked chicken skin crispy?
The best way to make smoked chicken skin crispy is to ensure the temperature is set at the right point. You do not want to overcook it because it will get tough, but you also do not want it undercooked because the skin will look soft and be covered in fat and juices.
How to Store Smoked chicken breast in an electric smoker?
Smoked chicken breast can be stored in the refrigerator for about one or two days. You can also keep it frozen for up to six months. However, you want to make sure that you wrap it in a plastic bag and then place it in a freezer-proof container or freezer bag so that it will not get freezer burn.
Smoking chicken is a straightforward process that can be done in many different ways. Even your non-smokers will enjoy this when you use their favorite flavors of barbecue rub or hot sauce to baste the chicken while it is cooking.
You should ensure that you follow the instructions on how to smoke chicken breast properly because if you do not, the results will not be as good as they could be.