Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe is a dish that is both healthy and delicious. It is a classic barbecue item made famous in the United States. This dish has been enjoyed for decades, but it is still as good now as it ever was.
Here’s how to make this simple and tasty dish at home”. Pit boss smoked chicken thighs is a dish that will tantalize your taste buds with its combination of simply unbeatable flavors.
What is the Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe?
The Pit boss smoked chicken thighs is a dish that has a unique combination of flavors. When cooked quickly and over indirect heat, the ground spices give a smoky taste to the juicy pits. The crunchy vegetables are added to the mixture for that extra crunch and flavor.
The Pit boss smoked chicken thighs is a dish that can be prepared in less than thirty minutes. It does not even have to be cooked on the stove at all. This is a unique and simple recipe that can be prepared and cooked with ease at home.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Dry brine time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serving: 4-6 people
- Smoker temperature: 225-250 degrees
- Meat Finish temperature: 165-175 degrees
How to make Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe?
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- ¼ Cup Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Blues Hog Tennessee Red BBQ Sauce
Rub for Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- One tablespoon of paprika
- One tablespoon of salt
- Two teaspoons of ground black pepper
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- Two tablespoons of garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp Course of Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Equipment for the recipe
- Pit Boss Pellet Grill
- Wood Pellets, preferably a fruitwood like an apple or cherry
- Large Baking Sheet with Wire Rack
- Meat Carving Knife
- Paper Towels
- Basting brush
- Cutting Board
Wash and Trim the Chicken Thighs
Remove the chicken thighs from their packaging and rinse them under cold running water. Pay dry with paper towels. Chicken Thighs flip each thigh upside down and carefully remove the excess skin on the bottom with a good meat carving knife trimming chicken thighs.
Mix the dry brine ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir until everything is dissolved and the sugar has dissolved. Place your chicken thighs in the brine, ensuring they are covered completely with the liquid. Cover your chicken thighs with a lid or plastic wrap, and let them sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Remove the Chicken Thighs from Brine and Dry them off
After 20 minutes of brining, remove your chicken thighs from the brine and dry them off with a paper towel.
Preheat your smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F. You want to ensure that it is fully preheated before putting your chicken thighs in the smoker.
Smoke the Chicken Thighs
Place the chicken thighs on the lower rack of your pit boss pellet grill. Put some wood pellets into your smoker box, and close it up. Allow these to start smoking. Close up your pit boss pellet grill when you see smoke coming out of the top vent and through the vents on either side.
Baste the Chicken Thighs
After the chicken thighs have been smoking for about 10 minutes, you should baste them. Use a spray bottle to mist each chicken thigh with Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce. This keeps the moisture in and adds another flavor to your Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe.
After 40 minutes, check your pit boss pellet grill temperature and remove your chicken thighs when it is finished cooking. Set on a clean paper towel to drain any excess grease, and let them sit for 5 minutes. This will allow you to carve and serve the chicken thighs without making a mess.
- If you use your smoker for cooking this dish, you can use a large baking sheet with a wire rack. Place the chicken thighs in the middle of the frame and place this in the smoker box. You can smoke meat in this box without opening up your pit boss pellet grill. The heat will be evenly distributed throughout your chicken thighs so they will cook more evenly.
- When you use your pit boss pellet grill for cooking this dish, you will want to keep an eye on your pit boss pellets and your smoker box, which holds the wood pellets.
- When you are serving this dish, you will want to ensure that you are on the grill grate so that everyone can see the delicious smoked pit boss chicken thighs.
- To make this recipe even more flavorful, you can use apple wood or cherry wood to smoke them. Both of these woods have a great flavor, and the smell that they give off is just amazing.
- When cooking this dish, you will want to put your chicken thighs on the lower rack of your pit boss pellet grill. The pit boss pellets collect in the bottom of your pit boss pellet grill, so placing your chicken thighs on the bottom rack allows them to smoke longer and receive more flavor.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Ensure that when cooking these chicken thighs, you use an accurate thermometer to monitor them. If the temperature gets too low, add more wood pellets to your pit boss pellet grill and watch until you get the right temperature. You can also use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of your pit boss pellets.
- Make sure to remove the chicken thighs from your pit boss pellet grill when they are done. If you leave them in too long, they can dry out and become rigid. This will ruin your dish, so make sure you watch the temperature and remove them when they are done.
- To be extra safe during this cooking process, wear a good pair of rubber gloves or oven mitts to protect yourself from the heat of the pit boss pellets while you cook these chicken thighs in your pit boss pellet grill.
- If you are cooking this dish on a regular charcoal or gas grill, keep the lid closed so that no smoke is coming out. It is essential to have an open flame or a charcoal fire in your grill so the smoke can exit the pit boss pellet grill.
- When using your pit boss pellet grill for cooking this dish, you should add wood pellets slowly throughout the process; this allows the pit boss pellets to cook evenly and add flavor.
Nutrition Facts of Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe:
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
5 health benefits of Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe:
1. Heart healthy:
Smoking your chicken thighs opens you up to tons of great health benefits. It is a great way to create flavoring to help lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and even help prevent diabetes.
2. Reduces inflammation:
Smoking your food in this recipe reduces inflammation, which is also a key ingredient in heart disease. This recipe also contains some excellent anti-inflammatory properties that have been proven to reduce the risk of arthritis and joint pain.
3. Increased energy:
Smoking your food allows your body to take in much more oxygen than usual. This will increase your energy levels and keep you fresh when you finish eating.
4. Helps with digestive problems:
Smoking chicken thighs helps to naturally regulate the stomach and relieve some of the problems you usually have with digestion. This is excellent news for anyone that has trouble digesting food.
5. Keeps your skin smooth:
Some of the properties in this recipe are great for keeping your skin looking young and wrinkle-free. The oil in this recipe helps moisturize your skin, which is crucial to keeping wrinkles at bay.
How do I get the smoke smell out of my pit boss pellet grill?
The best way to get this smell out of your pit boss pellet grill is to use the ash drawer below the smoker box. Every time you are done cooking, you can empty your ash drawer and place it inside a fire-safe container to be reused later. Doing this will eliminate that nasty smell that only wood smoke can leave in your kitchen.
What wood pellets are best for smoking chicken in my pit boss pellet grill?
When cooking your Chicken, you will want to use oak or hickory wood pellets because they give off a solid and flavorful smoke while also cooking the Chicken evenly throughout.
How do you smoke chicken thighs on a Pit Boss smoker?
When you plan to barbecue your chicken thighs, you will want to add charcoal to the pit boss pellets, then place your chicken thighs on the grate.
Make sure you place them close together so they can all be smoked simultaneously and receive great heat. This is a crucial step because if you do not do this, the meat will burn, and the sugars will become bitter.
How do you get crispy skin on smoked chicken thighs?
You want to be careful when smoking your chicken thighs because if you leave it on too long, the skin will burn and become rigid. Using the pit boss pellet grill lids will protect your chicken thighs while cooking and keep the temperature of your pit boss pellets at a high.
What do you do if the drip pan runs dry?
If you find the drip pan running dry, you will want to ensure that you add about 40-50% more wood pellets to your pit boss pellets.
What type of wood pellets should I use for smoking these chicken thighs?
When smoking your meat, use a blend of high-quality oak or hickory wood pellets. It would help if you also made sure that the pellets you are using are “Drip Pellet” pellets, which is a pellets that will drip through the pit boss smoker to keep the cooking process controlled.
How to store Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe?
You want to store this smoked recipe in the refrigerator for up to a week. When holding the dish, you can keep it in tightly sealed containers or many times on a plate. If you have any leftover leftovers, make sure that you vacuum seal them and cook them again down the road.
How To Reheat The Pit boss smoked chicken thighs recipe?
You will want to reheat this recipe using the Oven Method. If you are using a slow cooker, it is best not to heat it outside of the slow cooker. Instead, empty your dish into a large pan and put it into the slow cooker on low for about some time.
Pit boss smoked chicken thighs is one of the tastiest and healthiest recipes you will ever make at home. I would recommend this dish to anyone I know who enjoys good food and a great environment with many benefits. This recipe is fantastic and will leave you feeling great.