Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe is a great way to make a big batch of smoked wings in the comfort of your kitchen. This is ideal for parties or game days but can also be used to make smoked and baked chicken nuggets.
This recipe is simple to make as long as you have all the ingredients on hand. You will need chicken wings, liquid smoke, hot sauce, and a smoker. The liquid smoke will help give these wings an incredible, smokey flavor.
What is the Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe?
The smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe is a ‘dump and smoke’ technique for smoking chicken wings quickly and easily.
Chicken wings, prepared by cutting the tips off and inserting the wing into a tube made of fishnet, are smoked over indoor gas or charcoal grills or by an electric smoker. They do not need to be brined but may be on the shelf-stable side if used as finger food.
Smoked chicken wings are typical and usually served with various sauces and gravies. The preparation of this dish involves the cooking process in which chicken wing meat is generally rubbed with spices and seasoning.”
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 20 minutes
- Marinated time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
How to make Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe?
Dry seasoning for Wings:
- 1½ to 2 pounds of Chicken Wings
- One tablespoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Adobo Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- One tablespoon oil
- 2 Cup Ketchup
- 2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt
- ½ cup Hot Sauce
- One tablespoon Vinegar
Remove the chicken wings from the packaging. Pat them as dry as possible with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Coat chicken wings with cayenne pepper, Adobo seasoning, and freshly ground black pepper. Please put them in a large glass bowl and let them sit till they reach room temperature. They are placed in the refrigerator and left to marinate for 30 minutes.
Seasoning to dry brine and the air to reduce even more moisture on the skin of the chicken.
Smoking Instructions electric smoker:
Preheat the electric smoker to 250 degrees F. Keep the wings cold until ready to smoke. Place the chicken wings directly onto the grill grates of the electric smoker.
Smoked for about 45-60 minutes or until the chicken wings register at an internal temperature of about 145- 150 F. Lower temperatures allow more time for smoke flavor to develop on the chicken wings.
Increase the grill’s temperature to 425 F. to help render the fat of the chicken skin and soothe the skin to get extra crispy. Smoke until the wings hit an internal temperature of about 175 – 180 F. Chicken wings can cook to a higher temperature than white meat, as this helps with the texture of the wing by breaking down connective tissues.
If saucing the smoked chicken wings, add the sauce to the last 5-10 minutes of smoking to help it get slightly tacky, or serve the chicken wings dry with the sauce on the side. Serve with smoked chicken wings, sliced carrots and celery, and favorite sauces and dressings.
- Do not let them get too hot for long periods, or they will become tough.
- Ensure you are using some sort of liquid when smoking the chicken wings; water does not work well because it will make them too dry. Water and oils work great for smoking food on electric smokers or charcoal grills.
- Cut off the tips of the wings and put them in a brine-moist chamber for 30 minutes before smoking. This will help prevent the wing skin from drying out.
- You can add other spices and seasonings to this recipe if you want; that does not necessarily change the flavor, just enhance it for your personal preference.
- If you want to make them a little moister and tender, mix a small amount of basting mixture with the plain oil – this way, it can be used as a marinade.
Precautions For Recipes:
- The cold-smoking process can be extended by using an ice bath filled with water and ice. The water bath keeps the meat at a cool temperature for a more extended period and also.
- Do not store smoked chicken wings in the refrigerator for longer than a day. This will only increase the number of bacteria and moisture, which can lead to an unpleasant taste in your food.
- When cooking chicken wings or other recipes, you must cook them on high heat and quickly. A low temperature will not smother the smoke flavor, which might be noticeable in your food.
- Check the temperature of your food while it is cooking to ensure that they are at a boiling temperature that can lead to burning if you have left them too long.
- Don’t use too many spices like black pepper if you want the best-tasting cooked food. If it gets into your food, it can spice up the whole thing but not as tasty as it was intended, so use conservative amounts of spices when preparing sauces and gravies for smoked chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts of Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe:
|Total Fat||39.2 g|
5 Amazing serving ideas with Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe-
- Add to tacos; make a taco salad with chopped chicken skin, onions, cilantro, green onion, and salsa with shredded cheese.
- Add grated jalapeno, onions, and cilantro to the chicken wing dip recipe.
- The smoked chicken wings recipe on the grill or in the smoker is an excellent choice for a game day protein snack if you can’t spare the time to make anything else due to a busy schedule.
- Add to a mix of salads and veggies like shredded lettuce, radish, and carrots, with chopped celery and red onion (carrots would do excellently).
- For a taste of New Orleans, add spicy Cajun seasoning to the smoked chicken wings recipe. Mix paprika, salt, and garlic powder with milder Louisiana seasoning like Cajun and Creole seasons. Season the wings with this mixture just before serving.
How long do you smoke chicken wings in an electric smoker?
Smoked Chicken Wings need about an hour and 15 minutes in an electric smoker at about 225 degrees F. You may cook them for up to 1 hour over indirect heat at 250 degrees F.
How do you make chicken wings crispy in an electric smoker?
Use more wood chips on the chicken wings. Try to have a couple of pieces of wood to throw over the top of the chicken wings to create more smoke, but watch how much smoke comes out. You will want to start at about 3/4″ thick, then increase for 30 minutes as you get an idea of what is working.
Do you spritz chicken wings when smoking?
Many people think of putting water on the smoker as a way to clean it. Don’t do this! This spritzes over your meat, which can make for a greasy meal. We recommend that you sprinkle the chicken with some white wine or other vinegar,
let it sit for about half an hour, and then wipe off any excess so that it doesn’t soak into the meat. Try to cup the breasts in the other hand and pour the vinegar over them so that all sides are covered.
Should you flip wings when smoking?
Flipping wings is beneficial when smoking your chicken wings. Flip them over, and cook them until they are no longer pink inside and the juices clear.
If the juices run clear with a bit of pink left in the center, that’s okay too. Once you know how long to flip them, you can estimate it better in the future without needing a meat thermometer.
What is the best temperature to smoke wings at?
It is best if you smoke your chicken wings at 225 degrees F. Some people even go as low as 200 degrees F. The lower temperature tends to cook the chicken more, making it less juicy and dry.
How do you keep chicken skin moist when smoking?
When you get a chance, place chicken wings in a shallow casserole dish. Put it in the refrigerator if you have one. This also helps to keep the skin moist while cooking and enhances the flavor of the smoky chicken skin.
How do you smoke chicken wings with herbs?
Smoke them until they are dry, then use herbs like thyme, rosemary, or sage to season them when you flip them for better flavor with a low-budget smoker.
What are the health benefits of the Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe?
Smoked chicken wings help in improving the metabolism rate of the body. It increases the rate of calorie burning and controls the weight loss process.
It also helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and infuses good taste into your mouth. Chicken skin is also low in fat and has high iron content, making it a healthy food to eat.
How do you make chicken wings crispy in an electric smoker?
Smoking food brings out the flavor, although it does not always add delicious caramelized crusts. The most famous example is salmon, but many other foods can be smoked, and this way, the flavor is not lost.
Can you freeze smoked chicken wings?
Yes, you can freeze smoked chicken wings, especially if they do not have any sauce. Most of the time, they will not freeze very well because they have been processed with sauce or marinade, making them freeze faster.
Also, it is best to use them as soon as you buy them and try to stock up on these foods only if you know that you can’t consume them quickly.
How To Reheat The Smoked chicken wings electric smoker recipe?
Heat it in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes, but do not exceed this time limit. It is best to allow the smoked chicken wings to cool off before you put them in the microwave.
You can also use other heating devices. For example, if preparing this food on an open fire, you can use a cast iron pan with high sides and heat your food on an open fire.
Smoked chicken wings are delicious and easy to make and enjoy. The good news is that you don’t need a large outdoor barbecue to cook smoked chicken wings, so it won’t cost you much and will save space in the backyard.
With an electric smoker, you can easily make great-tasting smoked chicken wings that are tender and juicy. If you like your meat on the leaner side, use the adjustable temperature setting on your smoker for added control over how much fat renders out of the food.