Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe is one of the famous Patti LaBelle recipes. You also can make another fried chicken recipe in her simple and easy way by this recipe which is simple to cook and tasty to eat. Comparatively, this recipe is easily made at home; no need to visit a restaurant for it because you can make this fantastic meal in your kitchen.
Patti LaBelle used to have this Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe in her kitchen. She used to make this recipe when she had a busy day at work and in her free time. Correspondingly Patti LaBelle herself makes this fried chicken.
What is the Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe is an American favorite in the Southern and African-American regions. Additionally, this once-secret fried chicken recipe is available for you to use and enjoy with family and friends.
The Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe is a simple and quick meal for the whole family that only takes about 15 minutes to cook. It is perfect for feeding a large group at a party or get-together. Extraordinary this recipe, your house will be filled with the smells of delicious freshly fried chicken, and it will be irresistible.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty Level: Easy
How to make Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
- 3 pounds whole chicken, cut into pieces
- Two tablespoons seasoned salt
- One teaspoon pepper
- One teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cups flour
- Hot oil for frying
In the first place, clean your chicken carefully and dry it with a paper towel.
Then, season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and paprika or cayenne pepper. Roll in flour.
Next is to add 1/2 to 3/4-inch oil to a large, heavy skillet. Heat oil till it’s hot (about 365 degrees). Place chicken pieces in hot oil.
Of course, cover and fry until golden, turning once 15 to 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels. The Patti LaBelle recipe is ready to serve.
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe is not only easy to cook but also easy to eat. It is suitable for all ages and has a great flavor.
- This recipe usually takes about 15 minutes to make, so it’s better not over-fry your chicken, or it will get hard and dry; less frying will make it more tender and juicier.
- Add other spices, such as paprika, coriander, chili powder, cumin, or even caraway seeds for a little flavor.
- Remember to season the chicken before frying. Don’t let the chicken sit out too long, or it will get too salty.
- This recipe is suitable for everyone, from kids to adults to any age group.
- Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe is excellent when served with corn on the cob and other side dishes like potato salad, baked beans, fresh green beans, pasta salad, or any of your favorite sides.
- Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe can be made into a sauce if you wish. Make a sauce from any of your favorite spices or seasonings before cooking your meat with this recipe because it will give it more flavor and taste.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Ensure your chicken is cleaned correctly before using it for this recipe.
- Ensure your chicken is dehydrated before cooking it in oil. If not, add some more flour on top of the chicken, place everything in a heavy bowl, and shake off excess flour before placing it again into hot oil to fry.
- Remember to take out your chicken at the right time. If you cook it too long, it will get dry and hard.
- When frying meat, always cook it in a heavy skillet or pot. Never use a thin pan; it may break under pressure, and the oil will spill everywhere with lots of hot greases.
- If you are frying a chicken, make sure that you use enough oil in the skillet or pot to cook the meat properly. If you don’t, your dish will become soggy and overcooked, with a bland taste and less crunchiness.
- Keep an eye on your food when frying. Please pay attention to the time it takes for the meat to cook, and always check with a thermometer to ensure that it is cooked thoroughly.
Nutrition facts about Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe:
|Total Fat||65 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.2 g|
7 healthy benefits of Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe-
1. Low Blood Pressure:
Regularly eating Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe can help to lower your blood pressure and keep it in control.
2. High metabolism:
The protein in Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe helps to increase the metabolism, making you burn more calories and Fat.
3. Healthy skin:
Eating regular Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipes will reduce wrinkles, giving your skin a healthy glow! You are assured of good quality food and freshness by purchasing this from the supermarket.
4. Healthy Lifestyle:
The fat content in your Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe is shallow and will not increase your calorie intake. This is the way to go for a delicious treat you can enjoy without feeling guilty.
5. Improve Your Heart Health:
The secret to a healthy heart is plenty of nutrients and antioxidants! This dish’s high amount of iron helps lighten blood and improve circulation by reducing blood pressure.
6. Low in cholesterol:
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe offers a leaner, healthier option than red meat because of its low-fat content, low cholesterol, and higher protein content. This is why most people prefer it over other foods with higher fat content and calories.
7. Vitamin C:
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe contains abundant vitamin C, making it a great food rich in this vitamin. Vitamin C helps your immune system and keeps you healthy by fighting infection and boosting your immune system.
What flour is best for Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
Corn flour is the best for Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe because it absorbs heat quickly and does not make the chicken watery. Flour should be used to coat the chicken when frying and make it crispy. Corn flour absorbs less Fat than other flours, so less oil is needed.
Can I use any oil for Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
The recipe will work fine with any cooking oil of your choosing. Peanut, olive, vegetable, canola, or corn oil all work well.
Do you need a deep fryer to make Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
You do not need a deep fryer for this recipe. It is easy to fry in a saucepan. You will need a hefty board or frying pan with a high lip that can be easily lifted out of the pot that it’s in.
You will also need to preheat the oil until it is hot before placing your chicken in it so that the oil heats evenly without burning the chicken at first contact.
Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe method of cooking fried chicken healthier?
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe can be cooked in several ways. The simplest way is to let your chicken marinate overnight in a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other ingredients.
After the chicken is soaked in the marinade, dredge it in cornstarch and fry it. The best way to cook Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe is to use a pressure cooker or deep fryer.
Which spices are used in Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe?
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe was initially inspired by the African-American cookbook writer Vivian Lewis, who used cayenne pepper, cloves, black pepper, and onion for the chicken.
What is the best chicken to use for Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipes are usually made with dark meat, such as chicken legs and thighs. The best way to cook the chicken is in a pressure cooker or deep fryer.
What side dishes can I serve with Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
Any side dish you like goes well with Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe. Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe can be served with rice, pasta, or a side salad.
How To Store Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
You can store the fried chicken in an airtight container for about three days. Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe can also be frozen for an extended period. Thawing frozen Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe takes around 1-2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight in the freezer.
How To Reheat Leftover Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipe?
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe should be reheated in a microwave. Be sure to do it in short intervals and stir the dish after each interval to avoid overcooking the chicken. Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe is one of her most famous recipes.
Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe adds a bit of extra taste to the chicken, making it healthier. Many people love to eat Patti LaBelle’s fried chicken recipe.
We hope these Patti LaBelle fried chicken recipes were helpful and that you find them easy enough to make. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment below.