Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy is a delicious dish from the Northeast part of India that is a must-try for every Indian food lover.
Everyone loves it as it has creamy, lip-smacking flavors and is healthy. This Indian chicken recipe can be made using only a few ingredients and spices.
These simple chicken leg recipes need just a few minutes to make, and the anointing spices like mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, and garam masala make these simple chicken leg recipes taste irresistible.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 3-4 people
How to make Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy?
Essential Ingredients For Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy:
- Chicken legs
- 2 tbsp curd
- One bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
- One big onion thinly chopped
- One big tomato thinly chopped or pureed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Two green chilies chopped
- One dried Kashmiri red chili
- One bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Instructions For Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy:
In a pan, heat 3 tbsp of Oil and fry the onions till they are a light golden-brown color.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry for two minutes on low flame.
Add the chicken legs with all the spices like bay leaf, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt to taste. Fry them on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
Add 2 cups of water and let it come to a boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer.
In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry bay leaves and dried red chili for 30 seconds.
Turn off the flame, add the chicken leg with all the spices, and fry them for 3-4 minutes on high flame. Add 1/2 cup of water, heavy cream, or curd. Mix well and let it simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
In the last 10 minutes of cooking time, add 1 cup of water and let it come to a boil. Add fresh cream and cover the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and remove from flame.
Serve hot with naan or rice.
Additional Tips For Chicken leg recipes Indian Gravy:
- Before cooking, marinate the chicken legs. The meat will become more tender and flavorful as a result of this. A traditional Indian marinade can be made with yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and garam masala.
- Before adding the chicken legs to the Gravy, brown them. This will add additional flavour and surface to the dish.
- The Gravy can be made with a mix of whole and ground spices. Whole spices like cumin seeds, cardamom, and cinnamon can be added to hot oil to release their aromas and flavours. To enhance the taste of the Gravy, ground spices like coriander, cumin, and turmeric can be added.
- The Gravy should be based on tomatoes and onions. Add the tomatoes and cook until they break down and form a thick sauce after the onions have softened and become caramelized.
- Add a dash of pleasantness to adjust the flavours. This can be accomplished by adding honey or a little sugar to the Gravy.
- Lemon juice and fresh herbs are complete. The dish will be brighter and more vibrant if chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice are added.
Precautions For Chicken leg recipes Indian Gravy:
- Make a point to clean the chicken legs entirely before cooking. Use paper towels to dry them after being rinsed under cold water.
- To ensure the chicken legs are safe to consume, cook until fully cooked and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Keep raw chicken separate from other foods and use different cutting boards and utensils for the natural and cooked chicken to prevent cross-contamination.
- Consume any chicken and Gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator within three to four days.
- Check the label for additives or preservatives that may alter the Gravy’s flavour if you use canned or packaged tomatoes.
- You can adjust the number of spices to your liking. Start with a few Indian spices and increase or decrease them as necessary because they can be potent.
- Avoid consuming or bothering the eyes and skin while dealing with hot oil and flavours.
- Before serving, taste the dish and adjust the seasoning to ensure the flavours are well-balanced and taste good.
Nutrition Facts of Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy:
|Calories from Fat
5 best variations of Chicken leg recipes in Indian gravy:
1. Cucumber Tomato Chicken leg recipes Indian gravy:
You must make only a few changes to these simple chicken leg recipes. You will be making tomato ketchup and curd (curd with sugar). The curry is made with basmati rice cooked in water and onion.
2. Chicken Leg Recipes Indian gravy and Naan Recipe:
Chicken leg recipes and Indian gravy with naan are the perfect combinations of flavors and textures that will have you licking your bowl clean.
3. Simple Chicken Leg Recipes Indian Gravy:
There is no rule in the kitchen; you can add anything to make these simple chicken leg recipes Indian gravy. You can also make it without onion and tomato.
4. Chicken Leg Recipes Indian Grilled Recipe:
Grill the chicken on a barbeque grill, or you can use a Tawa (griddle). This simple chicken leg recipe’s Indian gravy tastes excellent when cooked on the stovetop and then grilled.
5. Chicken Leg Recipes Indian Rice:
It is a straightforward chicken leg recipe. Make it with fresh chicken, and you will have crunchy, soft, and flavorsome chicken leg recipes for Indian rice.
This simple chicken leg recipe with Indian gravy tastes great with rice or bread. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator and use them with boiled rice and you will have a lip-smacking lunch box. This simple chicken leg recipe is easy to make and a great weeknight meal for the entire family.
Try this tasty recipe of chicken leg recipes and Indian gravy recipe, and let me know how it turned out. You can also try a few variations above to make it more nutritious. Do share your thought about it in the comments section below.