John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings are an excellent dish for casual family dinners and parties; it’s also perfect for a quick healthy meal on the go. They are easy to make with some simple ingredients. You can find John Legend’s crispy fried chicken wings recipe below.
This is John Legend’s recipe for Crispy Fried Chicken Wings. The secret of this dish is how to cook it so that it tastes like a piece of fried chicken that is deep-fried and juicy on the inside while still being crisp and not greasy on the outside.
What is the John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings?
The John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings are a variation of a Cajun-style chicken wing. Even though it’s not a new idea, it’s still one that many people enjoy with great flavor.
The wing is a tasty makeover of the traditional chicken wing and is fried with a coating of spices they like. It’s one of those dishes you wouldn’t think would be as good as it is.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Brine time: 2-3 hours
- Servings: 6-8
How to make John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings?
Chicken Wing Coating:
- 5-pound chicken wings
- Eight tablespoons seasoned salt, preferably Lawry’s
- 2 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder with parsley, preferably Lawry’s
- Three tablespoon red pepper, ground
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the spicy honey butter:
- One stick of unsalted butter, melted and cooked
- Four tablespoons of hot sauce
- Two tablespoons honey
For the Brine:
In a large pot or a 2-gallon zip-top plastic bag, combine 10 cups of cold water, the seasoning salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
Chicken Wing Coating:
Add flour, seasoning salt, and cayenne in a large bowl. A few at a time, remove the wings from the brine and toss them in the flour mixture until well coated, then place on a baking sheet.
Fry In Oil:
Add the wings to the oil in batches and fry until golden and crispy, about 13-15 minutes per batch. Remove the branches to a plate lined with paper towels.
For the spicy honey butter:
Add the melted butter, hot sauce, honey, and salt in a small bowl and whisk until incorporated. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Slather the wings with spicy honey butter.
Serve hot with additional hot sauce and barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Choose smaller chicken wings to cook them faster, or cut them into smaller pieces. It would help to cook chicken wings in a big batches to avoid waiting longer when cooking in large quantities.
- The spicy honey butter can be made and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Make sure that when you use it, you re-warm the honey butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- You can add more spices to the spicy honey butter, such as cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, etc.
- You can also fry chicken wings in a shallow pot, but it may take a little longer to fry, depending on how much oil you use and how hot it gets.
- If you grill your chicken wings, always cook them at a shallow temperature and under a cover, so they do not burn. You can also add some barbecue sauce to the honey butter before eating.
- Always use high-quality oil when cooking to get the best possible results.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Make sure to use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil while frying, especially if you are frying something other than chicken. You don’t want your food to burn or be undercooked.
- When frying large amounts, stir the oil frequently, and don’t leave it unattended while it cooks.
- Your wings might get crispy but not necessarily brown if you don’t fry them long enough or use hot oil.
- Make sure that you are cleaning your deep fryer regularly to remove any build-up of grease and particles that can keep the food from cooking properly and becoming unappetizingly soggy or undercooked.
- When cooking the wings for a party, you should fry them in different batches and keep them warm in the oven until your guests arrive.
Nutrition Facts of John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings:
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
7 health benefits of John legend’s crispy fried chicken wings-
1. Healthy Heart:
Crispy fried chicken wings have a high level of heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which reduce cholesterol levels.
2. Healthy Bones:
Crispy fried chicken wings have lots of calcium, strengthening teeth and bones.
3. Weight Loss:
Fats like those in crispy fried chicken wings can help you lose weight by making you feel fuller for extended periods, preventing you from snacking between meals, and helping you cut down on calories and fat intake so that you are healthier overall.
4. Reduce the Risk Of Cancer:
Crispy fried chicken wings have a significant amount of vitamin A, which is essential for healthy skin and vision. It’s also suitable for your immune system and reduces the risk of lung, esophagus, bladder, stomach, colon, rectum, and cervix cancers.
5. Healthy Skin:
The vitamin A in crispy fried chicken wings helps fade acne scars and reduces wrinkles by producing collagen under the skin.
6. Healthy Digestion:
The probiotic lactobacilli in crispy fried chicken wings help strengthen the immune system to fight off harmful bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. This allows your digestive system to work more smoothly and improves overall health.
7. Healthy Hair And Nails:
Along with other nutrients, hair and nails contain protein, which is essential for healthy hair and nails because it combines with keratin to create relaxed hair and strong, shiny nails.
Why does the skin of my John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings burn?
One of the main reasons one side or part of your wings burns is because you let your oil get too hot. It would help if you used a thermometer to measure the temperature and ensure you are frying at the right temperature.
Typically, 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes will result in crispy golden wings, but this can vary depending on how close to the bottom of your pot you have them.
What is the best brand of deep frying oil for John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings?
The best kind of oil to use is peanut oil. It is high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which help lower cholesterol. Other great oils are olive oil, grapeseed oil, and canola oil. Make sure that whatever you choose does not have a strong flavor that will alter the taste of your food.
How do I make my wing skin crispy?
First, ensure that your wings are completely dry before putting them in the oil. This will help them to cook more evenly. Next, place the wings in a single layer over the bottom of your pot or deep fryer and use a pair of tongs to toss them in the oil to coat them evenly.
Next, please turn on the heat and wait until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit before lowering the heat so that it reaches 350 degrees after 15 minutes.
How to clean John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings?
Crispy fried chicken wings that are not appropriately handled can stick to the bags and containers in which they are stored. This makes them harder to control and increases the risk of cross-contamination.
The best way to clean crispy fried chicken wings is by hand, using a paper towel or dry cloth. If you need a sponge or cloth, ensure it is clean before using it on your crispy fried chicken wings.
What can I serve with John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings?
You can make a great side dish by serving crispy fried chicken wings with homemade macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, or broccoli.
How To Store John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings?
However, if you need to store them for a short period, try to ensure they are in an airtight container. This will help the skin stay crispy, and the meat stay moist. You can also put them in the freezer and thaw them out when needed.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken?
If you want to reheat leftover John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings, it should be best to use the fryer temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit, so they don’t get too soggy.
Next, heat them in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes and stir them to ensure they are still cooked evenly. Then, let them cool for a few minutes before eating so that they warm up from the inside.
Deep-frying is a great way to cook John Legend’s Crispy Fried Chicken Wings and many other foods in your kitchen. There is no need to spend much money on a deep fryer, especially if you are just trying it out for the first time and want to see how one works.
Whether you want to add chicken wings as an appetizer or main dish, crispy fried chicken wings are a fantastic choice and can provide powerful health benefits.