Preppy Kitchen Fried Chicken is a famous food blogger and recipe maker. These fried chicken pieces are crispy, tasty, juicy, tender, and flavorful.
This article will explore the process of making the What Is The Pecking House’s Chili Fried Chicken.
We’ll guide you through the required ingredients, preparation techniques, cooking instructions, and tips for serving.
By the end, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to create this delectable dish in your Kitchen.
You won’t want to return to take-out once you make homemade fried chicken.
What Is The Preppy Kitchen Fried Chicken?
Preppy Kitchen is known for its visually appealing and creative recipes, so its fried chicken recipe might incorporate unique flavors, techniques, or presentation styles.
These fried chicken pieces are crispy, tasty, juicy, tender, and flavorful.
This Fried Chicken recipe is going to be the only one you need! You won’t want to return to take-out once you make homemade fried chicken!
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparation Time: This includes seasoning the chicken, coating it, and preparing everything for frying. Preparation usually takes 10-15 minutes, depending on your familiarity with the recipe.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken pieces and the cooking method used. On average, frying can take about 15-20 minutes per batch.
- Total Time: Considering preparation and cooking time, you’re looking at approximately 45 minutes.
- Serving: The recipe’s serving size may vary, but a typical serving of fried chicken might include one to two pieces of chicken, depending on their size.
- Difficulty Level: The difficulty level can vary based on your cooking skills and experience. Generally, making fried chicken can range from moderate to slightly challenging due to working with hot oil and ensuring the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
How Do You Make Preppy Kitchen Fried Chicken Recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Preppy Kitchen fried chicken recipe:
For the chicken:
- Chicken pieces (drumsticks, thighs, wings, or breasts)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1-quart whole buttermilk (960mL)
For the coating:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Other optional spices or herbs (thyme, rosemary, cayenne, etc.)
- Cooking oil (vegetable, canola, or peanut oil)
Essential Instructions For The Preppy Kitchen fried chicken recipe:
Prepare the Chicken
If you want to marinate the chicken for extra flavor and tenderness, place the chicken pieces in a bowl, season them with salt and pepper, and cover them with buttermilk-Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Prepare the Coating
Mix all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Adjust the quantities to your taste.
Dredge and Coat the Chicken
Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off.
Coat each piece of chicken with the seasoned flour mixture, pressing the flour onto the chicken to ensure a thick coating.
Heat the Oil
In a deep skillet or frying pan, heat about 2 inches of cooking oil to 350-375°F (175-190°C).
Fry the Chicken
Carefully place a few chicken pieces into the hot oil, being cautious not to overcrowd the pan. Fry in batches if necessary.
Fry the chicken for about 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for poultry.
Drain and Serve
Remove the fried chicken pieces from the oil and place them on a wire rack or paper towels to drain any excess oil. Season with additional salt and pepper while the chicken is still hot.
Additional Tips For Preppy Kitchen fried chicken recipe:
- Brine the Chicken: To ensure juicy and flavorful chicken, consider bringing the chicken pieces in a mixture of water, salt, sugar, and optional herbs or spices for a few hours before starting the recipe. This step enhances the chicken’s moisture and taste.
- Double Coating for Extra Crispiness: For an even crunchier exterior, apply a double coating of the flour mixture. After the first coating, dip the chicken back into the mix, then fry as usual.
- Resting Period: Allow the fried chicken to rest on a wire rack for a few minutes after frying. This allows the excess oil to drain and helps the coating stay crispy.
- Serve with Dipping Sauces: Offer a variety of dipping sauces, such as honey mustard, barbecue, ranch, or a tangy aioli, to enhance the flavors and provide different options for your guests.
Precautions For Preppy Kitchen fried chicken recipe:
- Avoid Overcrowding: Ensure enough space between the chicken pieces in the frying pan or fryer. Overcrowding can lower the oil temperature and result in uneven cooking.
- Cooking Time Variations: Cooking times can vary based on the size of the chicken pieces and the specific frying temperature. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°F (74°C).
- Dispose of Oil Safely: Once you’re done frying, allow the oil to cool completely before disposing it. Do not pour used oil down the drain, as it can clog pipes. Instead, use a sealed container and dispose of it according to your local regulations.
Nutrition Facts Of Preppy Kitchen Fried Chicken Recipe
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary. Suppose you’re concerned about precise nutritional information, especially for specific dietary needs.
In that case, it’s recommended to calculate the nutrition facts using the exact ingredients and quantities you use in the recipe.
5 Best Variations Of Preppy Kitchen Fried Chicken Recipe
1. Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken
Marinate the chicken pieces in buttermilk seasoned with herbs and spices for several hours or overnight. This adds tenderness and extra flavor to the chicken before frying.
2. Sweet and Spicy Glazed Fried Chicken
After frying, toss the chicken in a sweet and spicy glaze made from a mixture of honey, hot sauce, and a touch of vinegar. This combination creates a perfect balance of flavors.
3. Herb-Crusted Fried Chicken
Create a flavorful herb crust by mixing finely chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, and parsley) with the coating mixture. This adds a fragrant and aromatic dimension to the fried chicken.
4. Sesame Ginger Fried Chicken
Add an Asian-inspired twist by seasoning the coating mixture with sesame oil, ginger, and soy sauce. Top the fried chicken with toasted sesame seeds for added texture.
5. Lemon Herb Fried Chicken
Infuse the chicken with a bright and zesty flavor by incorporating lemon zest and fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, and chives) into the coating mixture.
In conclusion, Preppy Kitchen’s fried chicken recipe is a flavorful and crispy dish that involves coating chicken pieces with a seasoned flour mixture and frying them until golden brown.
While I don’t have access to their specific recipe, you can follow a general fried chicken recipe by seasoning, coating, and frying it to achieve a crispy and delicious result.
Remember to prioritize safety when working with hot oil and adjust the ingredients and techniques based on your preferences and dietary requirements.