Zaxby’s is a fast-food restaurant chain in the southeastern United States. This article will explore the process of making Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe.
We’ll guide you through the required ingredients, preparation techniques, cooking instructions, and tips for serving.
By the end, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to create this delectable dish in your kitchen.
What Is The Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings?
Zaxby’s is a fast-food restaurant chain primarily located in the southeastern United States, known for its menu of chicken-based dishes, including chicken wings.
Zaxby’s is a fast-food chain known for its chicken wings and chicken finger meals.
They offer various chicken wing options, including traditional bone-in and boneless wings, served with a range of mild to spicy sauces.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Marinate Time: Ideally, you should marinate the chicken wings for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse. Marinating them for 2-4 hours or even overnight in the refrigerator is recommended for the best results.
- Preparation Time: The preparation time, including cleaning and trimming the chicken wings, mixing the marinade, and preparing the breading mixture, can take approximately 20 minutes.
- Breading Time: Coating the chicken wings in the seasoned flour or breading mixture typically takes 10-15 minutes.
- Frying Time: Frying the chicken wings usually takes around 10-12 minutes per batch, depending on the wings’ size and the oil’s temperature. You may need to fry them in multiple batches to avoid overcrowding the frying pan.
- Total Time: If we add up all these times, it comes to roughly 3 to 4 hours if you include the recommended marinating time. Remember that the marinating time can vary, and you can reduce the preparation time if you’ve already marinated the wings in advance.
- Serving: The number of servings depends on the quantity of wings you prepare. One pound of chicken wings typically yields about 2-3 servings as an appetizer.
How Do You Make Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe:
For the Chicken Wings:
- 2-3 pounds of chicken wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Zaxby’s-Inspired Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
Essential Instructions For The Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe:
Marinate the Chicken
Place the chicken wings in a bowl and cover them with buttermilk. Let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Prepare the Coating
Mix the all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a separate bowl. This is your breading mixture.
Dredge the Chicken
Remove the chicken wings from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off. Coat each branch in the seasoned flour mixture, pressing the flour onto the wings to create a thick coating.
Heat the Oil
Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large, deep skillet to 350-375°F (175-190°C).
Fry the Wings
Carefully place the coated chicken wings into the hot oil. Fry them for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and have an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Fry in batches if necessary.
Prepare the Sauce
While the wings are frying, mix all the sauce ingredients (mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, paprika, hot sauce, and honey) in a bowl. Adjust the hot seasoning to your desired level of heat.
Coat the Wings
After frying, remove the wings from the oil and drain them on paper towels to remove excess fat.
While the wings are hot, toss them in the Zaxby-inspired sauce to coat them evenly.
Serve the Zaxby ‘s-style fried chicken wings hot with extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Additional Tips For Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe:
- Double Coating: For an extra crispy texture, you can double-coat the chicken wings by dipping them back into the buttermilk and seasoned flour mixture after the initial coating.
- Chill the Coated Wings: After coating the chicken wings in the seasoned flour, place them on a baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying. This helps the coating adhere better and results in a crispier finish.
- Maintain Oil Temperature: Keep a close eye on the oil temperature when frying. Use a thermometer to ensure it stays in the recommended range (350-375°F or 175-190°C). Maintaining the correct temperature is crucial for crispy and evenly cooked wings.
- Use a Wire Rack: After frying the chicken wings, place them on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to allow any excess oil to drain. This prevents the branches from becoming soggy.
Precautions For Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe:
- Hot Oil Safety: Be extremely cautious when working with hot oil. Use a deep fryer or a deep skillet, and never leave the hot oil unattended. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby just in case, and have a lid for the pan ready to smother any potential oil fires.
- Handling Raw Chicken: Follow proper food safety measures when taking raw chicken. Wash your hands thoroughly after touching raw poultry, and avoid cross-contamination with other ingredients or surfaces.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: Ensure that the chicken wings reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure they are fully cooked and safe to eat.
- Fry in Batches: Avoid overcrowding the frying pan, as this can lead to uneven cooking and a drop in oil temperature. Fry the wings in batches for the best results.
- Dispose of Oil Properly: Once finished frying, let the oil cool completely before disposing of it. Do not pour hot grease down the drain, as it can clog pipes. Instead, store it in a container and dispose of it according to local regulations.
Nutrition Facts Of Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
|Total Fat||30 grams|
|Saturated Fat||6 grams|
|Total Carbohydrates||15 grams|
Please remember that these values are general estimates for homemade fried chicken wings and may vary based on the size of the wings, the specific ingredients used in the breading, and the amount of oil absorbed during frying.
Additionally, the values provided are for the fried wings and do not include any sauces or additional side dishes that may be served with them.
5 Best Variations Of Zaxby’s Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
1. Spicy Buffalo Wings
After frying the chicken wings, toss them in a spicy buffalo sauce made from hot sauce, melted butter, and honey for sweetness. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro for added flavor.
2. Garlic Parmesan Wings
Make a garlic Parmesan sauce by melting butter, sautéing minced garlic until fragrant, and then stirring in grated Parmesan cheese. Toss the fried wings in this creamy and savory sauce for a rich and indulgent flavor.
3. Honey Mustard Wings
Prepare a honey mustard dipping sauce by combining honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Serve these wings with the sweet and tangy sauce on the side.
4. Teriyaki Wings
Create a teriyaki glaze by simmering soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch until it thickens. Brush the wings with the teriyaki glaze before serving for a savory-sweet twist.
5. Lemon Pepper Wings
Mix zesty lemon pepper seasoning with lemon zest, black pepper, salt, and paprika. Sprinkle this seasoning over the fried wings to add a bright and citrusy flavor.
In conclusion, fried chicken wings can be a delicious and versatile dish, with various recipes and flavor variations to explore.
Whether making Zaxby-inspired, classic Buffalo wings or unique homemade creations, it’s all about finding the flavors and techniques you enjoy.