Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe is a very delicious and easy recipe that everyone should try at least once. Comparatively, there are so many amazing things about this dish, such as the earthy flavors of the vegetables and mushrooms,
The crispy textures of the chicken and vegetables, and even how versatile it is – it can be made with either chicken or chicken. Get ready for a mouthwatering meal today. This stir fry recipe has an earthy flavor from the mushrooms and asparagus.
What is the Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
Additionally, this is a stir-fried dish that you can do with chicken or chicken. In addition, this is one of the quick and easy dinner ideas you can prepare when you feel like having a hot but healthy meal.
The ingredients and the steps are simple and easy to follow, so everyone should be able to do it, even without special cooking abilities.
There are other similar recipes on the internet, but this one has a bit of a twist, which makes it more enticing to prepare. You will finish this meal feeling satisfied and ready for bed.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Marinate time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 servings
How to make a Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
- 1-2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- Two teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 tsp corn flour mixed in 2 tbsp cold water
- One bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
Cooking the Chicken:
- In the first place, cut the chicken into pieces and then proceed to mix the ingredients for the marinade together.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, pour in the marinade, and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Comparatively, after 20 minutes, take it out of the bowl and toss it gently to coat all sides with sauce. Set aside.
- Then heat a pan or wok on medium heat.
- As well as add the vegetable oil and then add the chicken.
- stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until it is fully cooked.
Stir-frying the asparagus:
- Correspondingly heat a large pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Then add the garlic, asparagus, onion slices, and mushrooms. Stir to combine well.
- Fry until they start to soften and become fragrant. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir-fry for another 30 seconds or so.
- Then add the marinated chicken with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and Shaoxing wine. Stir to combine well.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the asparagus turns a bright green.
Stir-frying the stir fry:
- Take out a wok or pan and turn on high heat. Add the vegetable oil, and then add the asparagus.
- Stir-fry until it starts to become crispy. This will take around 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- This is a great recipe to use chicken as the main ingredient, making the dish quite hearty. For example, use only half of the chicken stir-fry if you want a chicken stir-fry.
- If you like this enough to make it again, then try using different vegetables that you have on hand. For example, add some baby corn when young and tender enough to be crunchy but not hard. This is an excellent way to add even more color and crunchiness without adding unnecessary calories.
- You can also easily substitute the asparagus for broccoli. For example, instead of using one bunch of asparagus, you can use one bunch of broccoli, then add some snow peas.
- This is a great way to add more vegetables to your diet while giving your body more benefits. Asparagus, in particular, contains various vitamins and minerals that promote good health and help boost the immune system. It is also full of fiber which helps with digestion and eliminating toxins in the body.
- Asparagus is one of the foods with the highest levels of antioxidants, which helps to neutralize free radicals, a form of oxygen-born toxin that can cause damage and aging.
- If you are concerned about cholesterol and fat intake and are on a diet, then do not fear, as this dish does not contain any fat or cholesterol per se; however, it still offers a healthy and tasty dinner.
Precautions For Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe:
- Watch the oil temperature at all times and ensure that it is not too hot so it will not burn quickly or too cold the dish will take a long time to cook and remain raw in some areas because of the temperature problem.
- To keep in mind if you are cooking it at home on your own, this dish is best cooked with a large amount of oil so it will not burn quickly; otherwise, you can use less oil and add more soy sauce or oyster sauce as necessary.
- If small pieces of fat are in the dish, then you can remove them before eating. If there are large pieces, you can pour out the oil, reducing the risk of burning and making it easier to clean.
- If you are trying to restrict your fat intake, use less oil, but you need some oil to cook it.
- If you are vegetarian, you can simply substitute the chicken for tofu or chopped seitan.
- You may also use water instead of vegetable oil as they offer similar benefits to cooking with vegetable oil. It will not burn quickly and will be good for your health.
Nutrition facts of Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe:
|Total fat||20 g|
|Saturated fat||4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.9 g|
7 healthy benefits of Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Asparagus is one of the vegetables shown to have the highest folate levels (vitamin B9). This vitamin is essential for circulating the heart and preventing its damage.
2. Healthy Bones:
This recipe can be a good choice even if you have osteoporosis, as it contains plenty of dietary minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
3. Healthy Immune System:
This recipe is an excellent choice for boosting your immune system. It contains high levels of antioxidants that can help you fight cancer and reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Healthy Pregnancy:
This recipe can help pregnant women avoid common ailments such as constipation, nausea, vomiting, and morning sickness.
5. Healthy Skin:
Vitamin C in plenty in this recipe helps boost collagen production, a hormone that keeps the skin healthy and smooth.
6. Healthy Heart Disease:
This dish contains plenty of potassium that helps regulate blood pressure. It also contains high levels of folic acid, which helps improve cardiovascular health by reducing triglycerides, lowering inflammation, and reducing platelet aggregation.
7. Healthy Brain Development:
This recipe can help boost your brain power as it contains plenty of vitamin B, essential for increasing memory, learning, and concentration. It also contains ample folate (vitamin B9), which helps reduce babies’ risk of improper brain development.
What is the best chicken for a stir-fry recipe?
When it comes to chicken, there are plenty of options. However, choosing the freshest chicken, you can find in your area is best.
For example, if you are looking for chicken breast, then you should try and find fresh ones that still have the skin attached as this will add extra flavor and moisture; however, if it is not possible or too expensive for you, then simply go ahead and buy the usual boneless and skinless chicken breast instead.
What is the best vegetable to eat with chicken?
Vegetables are essential to any stir-fry recipe, so choosing ones with a nice flavor is best. Therefore, it is a good idea to use a variety of vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, snow peas, and green beans, as they add more flavor, nutrients, and crunchiness to your dish.
What food should I eat while pregnant?
Eating a balanced diet containing all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for a healthy life is essential during pregnancy.
What kind of alcohol is used to make chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
When you are choosing an alcoholic beverage to serve in your stir-fry, then it is best to use a wine or beer instead of another type of alcoholic drink such as cider or spirits.
When it comes to chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe, you can use any type of white or red wine as long as it is not too sweet and has a bit of alcohol.
How do you make this recipe without oil?
You can use a wok or a pan without oil to cook the asparagus and mushrooms for this recipe. However, you will have to cook them quickly to avoid burning as they take longer than the chicken. This way, your dish will not be oily.
How long do I cook it to avoid burning?
After cooking for about 5 minutes, the chicken should be fully cooked. Then, you can add the vegetables to cook. After adding the vegetables, cook the chicken for another 5 minutes until they turn white and firm.
However, if they appear not cooked through because they become dry, you can use a tablespoon of oil or undiluted hot sauce to add to the stir-fry.
Can I substitute asparagus with any other vegetable?
Yes, asparagus is a good option since it has vitamin C, which helps keep your body healthy. However, you may use other vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas, or even bell peppers instead of asparagus.
What can I serve with the Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
This dish can be served with any meal as it is pretty versatile. For example, you can serve it with regular side dishes such as rice or potatoes and a salad. However, you can also serve it with your favorite side dishes, such as French fries or pizza, if you are a fan of junk food.
How To Store Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
After making this recipe, store it in the refrigerator for about three days. However, you can also wrap it in foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken asparagus and mushroom stir fry recipe?
After serving the dish, it is best to reheat the chicken and vegetables as soon as possible. If it has been stored in the refrigerator, take it out about 1 hour before cooking. Then, you can reheat it in your microwave or a pan with oil or sauce.
Stir-fry recipes have become quite popular these days, and this is because they are easy to make and can provide you with lots of benefits. Therefore, you should try this chicken asparagus and mushroom recipe, as it will give you the necessary nutrients for a healthy body.