Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe is a great dish to make if you are looking for a way to cook a steak or chops. Also, using your recipe for the best-fried steak, you can make chicken fried steak recipes at home. And if you want the perfect meal, chicken fried steak must include onions and a few other ingredients used in this recipe.
The important thing is that the meat has been adequately dried before it is added to the pan so that it does not fall apart during cooking. The cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe is a flavorful and satisfying dish for those chilly days.
What is the Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe?
The chicken fried Steak recipe is rich in flavor and has a hearty taste. ln addition, it is easy to make, and you will not have any difficulty making this recipe. To add more flavors, cook it with paprika and herbs.
The best way to cook a steak is by marinating it in salt and pepper before cooking, but this should not be done with a chicken fried steak recipe as it will be salty.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Level: Easy
How to make Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe?
- 2 pounds of cubed steak
For Flour Mixture:
- 2 cups flour
- One tablespoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Three eggs
- 1 cup milk
For the fry:
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil
- Optional for garnish and serving
- Parsley fresh, favorite hot sauce
For Flour Mixture:
First, mix all the flour, salt, and pepper ingredients in a bowl. Mix it properly to have a homogeneous mixture. This will be used for coating and dredging.
Then take the cubed meat and coat it with the flour mixture. Make sure that all sides are well coated with flour mixture as this will allow even cooking of the chicken fried steak recipe.
In addition, take another bowl, put the egg in it, and beat it well with milk.
The floured chicken fried steak recipe should be dipped in the egg mixture and then in the flour mixture. This is done to give it a double coating of flour.
Now heat the oil in a frying pan. After the oil heats up, add some butter and fry the chicken fried steak recipe until you get a golden-brown color on both sides. This will take about 15-20 minutes to cook it thoroughly.
After it is cooked, serve and garnish. Add some hot sauce to add more flavor and sweetness.
- If you want to add more flavors to the chicken fried steak recipe, you can cook it with some paprika and some herbs.
- Adding more butter or vegetable oil will help in making the chicken fried steak recipe tastier.
- You can store the chicken fried steak recipes in an airtight container in your refrigerator and freeze them if you have any leftovers after cooking.
- Your chicken fried steak recipe can be made ahead of time and taken to a picnic or barbecue party. It will taste great in these cases.
- Serve the chicken fried steak recipes with mashed potatoes, rice, bread, and other side dishes and fruits.
- Use your chicken fried steak recipe, add some vegetable sides, put the mixture in a baking dish, and bake them for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until they get a golden brown color on both sides.
Precautions For Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe:
- If your chicken fried steak recipe is not cooked, it will have a raw feel after you bite it.
- When the meat is cut or cubed, ensure that all sides are covered with flour, not one side. This will prevent the meat from falling apart when you cook.
- Be careful while cooking the chicken fried steak recipes, and ensure they are properly cooked before serving them, as it will taste very different if they aren’t cooked right.
- Be careful how much you put in the pan, and don’t cook your chicken fried steak recipe too fast, as it will not taste good. The better result you will get if you cook it at medium heat.
- If your chicken fried steak recipes do not taste well, then it is because of improper ingredients used in the recipe. Ensure they are properly cooked before eating to have a good result.
- Chicken fried steak needs salt and some other spices to have a great taste and flavor.
- The meat used in your chicken fried steak recipe should be cubed to avoid falling apart while cooking.
Nutrition facts of Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe:
7 healthy benefits of Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Chicken fried steak recipes are full of proteins and low in saturated fats. It can improve your health in many ways, as it is enriched with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers.
2. Healthy Brain:
Chicken fried steak recipes are rich in proteins, which are crucial for healthy brain function. Also, it is low in carbohydrates and fat. When the body gets enough of these nutrients, it becomes easier to remember things correctly.
3. Healthy Bones:
Your bones need calcium for proper development and growth. Calcium is also suitable for heart, muscle, and nerve functions. Chicken fried steak recipes are rich in calcium because it contains milk. It also contains minerals that are very important for proper bone development.
4. Healthy Fat:
You will find a creamy texture and great taste when you make chicken fried steak recipes. This can be considered a healthy fat because it isn’t solid like other unhealthy fats like butter or fully saturated fats such as lard, palm oil, and other vegetable oils.
5. Healthy Energy:
Your body burns protein to release energy, and this can be useful in various activities like sports, while working or as a regular diet. As it is low in fats and high in proteins, it is perfect for energy production, which keeps you alert and active.
6. Healthy Digestion:
Chicken fried steak recipes higher in proteins help the production of digestive enzymes that break down the food into small parts so that it can be digested quickly and efficiently.
7. Healthy Pregnancy:
Chicken fried steak recipes rich in proteins and low in carbohydrates will help you stay healthy during pregnancy. It contains all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a pregnant woman.
What cut of meat is chicken fried steak made from?
The chicken fried steak recipe contains cubed pieces of meat and is typically made from a cut from the top round. Whether or not this cut is fatty or lean depends on its processing.
How do you make chicken fried steak at home using low-fat ingredients?
You can make homemade chicken fried steak recipes using skim milk and lean cuts of meat. You don’t have to use whole milk or fatty cuts of meat to make it; most restaurants already do that for you. You can just go ahead and try this low-fat version of chicken fried steak if you want to give your body a break from unhealthy fats.
How can I get a better result by cooking it in an oven instead of a deep fryer?
Most chicken fried steak recipes are cooked in deep fryers; you can also do that instead of cooking it in an oven. The fact is that this will help you avoid using too much oil and save some calories as well. In addition to that, it tastes almost the same when cooked on a stovetop.
What is the best type of oil to use for this dish?
Most people cook chicken fried steak recipes using olive oil or vegetable oil. The oil you use for cooking depends on your taste and taste preference. The main thing is that the oil should be clean and completely free from flavoring or additives.
Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe how to make it taste better?
To make your chicken fried steak taste better, use a thick breading recipe with flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. You can also add some spices like paprika or cayenne to spice it up. Adding vegetables to the dipping sauce can also improve its taste.
Can I use a fork to dip each steak into the flour mixture?
You can use a fork to dip each piece of steak into the flour mixture. This way, there is no need for you to dip each piece into the flour mixture before cooking, as it will be more fluid and easy to do with a fork.
How do you make tender fried steak?
If you want to make your fried steak taste more tender and juicy, coat each piece of meat with a seasoned flour mixture. Then shake off the excess flour before frying them in the oil one by one.
How to store leftover Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipes?
If you plan to store your leftover chicken fried steak recipes, keeping them in an airtight container with its cover is always a good idea. Then put that food container in your freezer and use it when needed.
How To Reheat Leftover Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe?
You can simply heat your leftover chicken fried steak recipe in a microwave. But it is better to do it oven instead of on a stovetop as it will keep your dish moist and juicy. Also, you can add milk or butter to the leftovers to have an extra creamy texture when heating them up.
Many delicious chicken-fried steak recipes are available in restaurants, but it isn’t easy to find good healthy chicken-fried steak recipes at home. To get a healthier version, follow our easy tips, and the homemade Cracker barrel chicken fried steak recipe will be ready in no time.