Baked buffalo, chicken sandwich recipe, is easy to make and a perfect picnic dish. And you can have something different from the same old turkey sandwiches or ham sandwiches that people usually bring to picnics.
Overall, this dish is a good choice for picnics. But remember that picnics are get-togethers of families and friends, so you have to ensure that your food choices are good and do not adversely affect them.
What is the Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe?
The baked buffalo, chicken sandwich recipe is a dish that is made out of spicy chicken that has been baked in the oven with seasoning.
The baked buffalo, chicken sandwich recipe can also be used as finger food. You can cut it into pieces and arrange it on paper plates for your guests to pick up, or just put it in a big bowl on the table for everyone to help themselves.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 2
How to make Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe?
Ingredients Needed To Make The Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
Instructions For Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe:
Preheat the oven to 425°F (212°C). Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet. To make four thin pieces, cut each chicken breast in half horizontally.
A shallow dish should combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Whisk the milk and buffalo sauce together in another shallow dish.
To thoroughly coat each chicken piece, dredge it in the flour mixture, then in the milk mixture, and back in the flour mixture.
Bake the chicken pieces for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are cooked through, and the coating is crispy, on the baking sheet that has been prepared.
Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise and ranch dressing in a small bowl while the chicken is baking.
After the chicken has finished cooking in the oven, take it out and let it rest for a few minutes. Toast the two halves of each sandwich roll if you like.
Spread the sauce on the base portion of each roll. On top of the sauce, add a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato.
Put a piece of chicken on top of the tomato, and then add a cheddar cut. Serve each sandwich immediately by covering it with the top half of the roll. Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are a hit!
Additional Tips For Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe:
- You can use panko breadcrumbs instead of flour to make the extra chicken crispy. Before baking, coat the chicken in breadcrumbs and dip it in the milk and buffalo sauce mixture.
- You can reduce the amount of buffalo sauce in the recipe for a milder sandwich or reduce the heat by mixing the sauce with some melted butter.
- You can utilize any cheddar you like in this recipe. Blue cheese, mozzarella, or pepper jack would all be delicious choices.
- You can prepare the chicken ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it if you want to save time.
- You can top the chicken with sliced avocado or bacon to make the sandwich more full.
- If you don’t have farm dressing, substitute it with harsh cream or Greek yogurt blended with a few dried spices like dill, parsley, or chives.
- To balance the flavors and textures, serve the sandwich with salad or crispy fries.
Precautions For Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe:
- Ensure you do not leave the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes after baking it.
- Ensure you do not eat the chicken while it is hot because it could be too spicy. After it has cooled, cut and serve it to your guests or family members so they can enjoy this delicious sandwich.
- Ensure you cover your mouth and nose when adding the buffalo sauce to the sauce mixture since buffalo sauce can be an eye and lung irritant in large quantities.
- Ensure you do not leave the sauce mixture in the refrigerator for over an hour. If you do, the mayonnaise in it might start to spoil.
- Make sure you wear gloves while cutting up the chicken because buffalo sauce contains oil that can burn your hands and be an eye irritant if left on them too long.
- If you have shellfish allergies, ensure every ingredient in this recipe is made without shellfish before serving it to your guests or family.
Nutrition Facts Of Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe:
|Total Fat||7.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.1 g|
5 best variations of the Baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Sandwich with BBQ Buffalo Chicken:
Add a slice of smoked gouda cheese to the chicken and replace the buffalo sauce with your favorite barbecue sauce. Potato chips and cole slaw complete the meal.
2. Sandwich with Bacon Ranch and Buffalo Chicken:
The chicken should be topped with cooked bacon slices, and the sauce should be made with ranch dressing rather than mayonnaise. Fries made of sweet potato and a green salad go well with it.
3. Sandwich with Blue Cheese and Buffalo Chicken:
Add a few pieces of celery to the chicken for some crunch, and mix the blue cheese crumbles with the mayonnaise in the sauce. Serve with ranch dressing and carrot sticks.
4. Sandwich with Hawaiian Buffalo Chicken:
Add a slice of grilled pineapple and some sliced jalapenos to the chicken. In the recipe, substitute teriyaki sauce for buffalo sauce. A tropical fruit salad and sweet potato tots complete the meal.
5. Bison Chicken Wrap:
Wrap the chicken in a tortilla with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and grated cheddar cheese after cutting it into small pieces. Sprinkle some chopped scallions and a dollop of sour cream on top. Serve with salsa and tortilla chips.
The baked buffalo chicken sandwich recipe, was easy to make and tasted amazing. You can make a big batch at one time using the same basic ingredients and use it in numerous ways.
Try different variations of this recipe; you will not be disappointed with the results. The baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is one of those recipes that can be served cold or hot. Some people like their sandwiches hot, while others like them cold. Either way, the flavor will still be the same.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Are The Best Type Of Cheese For Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
The cheese used for making the baked buffalo chicken sandwiches depends on the ingredients you add. The most common choices are cheddar, ranch dressing, and blue cheese.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make A Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
The ingredients you will need in this recipe include baked chicken, shredded cheese, sliced bread, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce (or hot sauce), lettuce leaves, and tomato slices.
What Can I Have With Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
This recipe goes great with other main dishes as well as side dishes. You can have it with baked potato or fried potatoes and a few of your favorite vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and zucchini.
What Is The Best Way To Prep The Chicken For Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
It is best to use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe because you will have more time to cut it into small pieces and make the buffalo chicken sandwich. You can also boil water in a pan and add salt to it. Place the chicken in the salty water and boil it until it is fully cooked.
Can I Make A Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can, but the process might take a while. Since the ingredients must be chopped and mixed for refrigeration, you could save some time by doing this outside of your slow cooker.
How Long Can A Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Be Stored In The Refrigerator?
The baked buffalo chicken sandwiches should not be kept for long since they will start losing moisture and become soggy if kept for too long.
The best way to store it is by wrapping the leftovers in aluminum foil and placing them in a Tupperware container. This method will keep the moisture from escaping and keep it from getting soggy.
What Is The Best Meat To Use For A Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
You can use any meat as long as you pre-cook it so that you can cut and mix it before adding it to your sandwich. This will help ensure your sandwich will not get soggy after you put the sauce on.