Filipino chicken sandwich recipe is a quick and easy recipe. You can have this delish sandwich in your hand in just a few minutes. It is full of flavour, juicy and crunchy. The unique taste of the sandwich will have you asking for more!
All the ingredients are affordable, making this recipe budget friendly for those who love chicken sandwiches but are not picky about their ingredients.
What is the Filipino chicken sandwich recipe?
The Filipino chicken sandwich recipe is a hybrid of the classic Filipino sandwich and a burger. The bun is toasted until it has the crunchy texture of the burger buns. The other ingredients in the sandwich are similar to typical Filipino sandwiches, except for one ingredient – chicken!
However, I recommend that you use fresh chicken thighs (or chicken breasts), as this kind of meat tends to have little bones, although it does not matter if you buy boneless skinless chicken breasts.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
How to make a Filipino chicken sandwich recipe?
Ingredients for the Filipino Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
- Two boneless, skinless chicken bosoms
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup earthy-coloured sugar
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dark pepper
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Four cheeseburger buns or sandwich rolls
- 1/2 cup destroyed lettuce
- 1/2 cup cut tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cut cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- Four cuts of cheddar (discretionary)
Instructions For Filipino chicken sandwich recipe:
In a bowl, combine one soy sauce, calamansi juice or lemon juice, earthy-coloured sugar, water, minced garlic, dark pepper, and salt to make the marinade.
Slice the chicken bosoms down the middle longwise to make four more slender pieces. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic sack or shallow dish and pour the marinade over the chicken, trying to cover each piece.
Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or as long as 4 hours.
Heat the cooking oil in a skillet over medium intensity. Eliminate the chicken from the marinade and dispose of the excess marinade. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes for every side or until thoroughly cooked.
Toast the buns or rolls until gently brilliant brown. Spread mayonnaise on the base portion of every bun. Add destroyed lettuce, cut tomatoes, red onions, and cucumber cuts on top.
Put a cooked chicken bosom on top of the vegetables, and add a cheddar cut whenever desired. Cover with the top portion of the bun.
Serve right away and partake in your scrumptious Filipino chicken sandwich!
Additional Tips For Filipino chicken sandwich recipe:
- To add more flavour to your chicken, marinate it with soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, and dark pepper for an hour before cooking. This will assist the chicken with retaining the flavours and make it more delicate.
- Pandesal is a Filipino bread roll that is delicate and cushioned, and it’s ideal for making sandwiches. To make it somewhat fresh, you can toast the pandesal and give your sandwich a different surface.
- Add a few new veggies like lettuce, cucumber, and tomato to make your sandwich better and more beautiful. You can likewise add a few destroyed carrots or cabbage for added crunch.
- Rather than utilizing locally acquired mayonnaise, you can make your sauce using calamansi juice, honey, and mayo. This will give your sandwich an exceptional flavour that is unmistakably Filipino.
- Banana ketchup is a well-known Filipino sauce that is sweet and tart. It’s ideally suited for dunking your sandwich in, adding a layer of flavour to your feast.
- You can likewise explore different avenues regarding various fillings for your sandwich, similar to cheddar, bacon, or even cut mango. Have a great time, and make your own novel Filipino chicken sandwich recipe!
Precautions For Filipino chicken sandwich recipe:
- Be sure to cook the chicken bosoms on med-high intensity, and ensure you cook them until they are thoroughly cooked through. Cooking it slightly less than you need will leave you with a shrivelled-up, undercooked, dry-tasting chicken bosom.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are excellent choices in this recipe. However, if the chicken is boneless, be sure to slice it down the middle longwise so that each side has some bite bits that can assist with the crunchiness of your sandwich.
- This recipe calls for soy sauce and calamansi juice, yet you can instead utilize lemon and lime juice if that is what’s available to you.
- The Filipino chicken sandwich recipe is best when served immediately after it’s cooked, as it will not be as juicy as it will be once it has been refrigerated a little bit. You’ll get the best results by utilizing the sandwich when you’re hungry rather than preparing your meal beforehand or overnighting your sandwich in a fridge.
- Don’t be afraid to add a few new vegetables or even remove some of them if you don’t like them. You can likewise add additional sauces and spreads to flavour your chicken breast or chicken slices.
Nutrition Facts Of Filipino chicken sandwich recipe:
5 Unique Serving Ideas For Filipino chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Add a side of banana ketchup:
Filipino chicken sandwich is generally presented with banana ketchup as an afterthought. This sweet and tart sauce supplements the delicious kinds of the sandwich impeccably.
2. Make it into a wrap:
You can transform the chicken sandwich into a wrap by enclosing it with a lettuce leaf or a tortilla for a better and more convenient choice. This is an excellent choice for a fast and simple lunch in a hurry.
3. Add a broiled egg:
A well-known Filipino breakfast choice is a seared egg over a chicken sandwich. The egg adds a layer of wealth to the sandwich and significantly fills it significantly.
4. Top it with salted vegetables:
Cured vegetables like carrots and cucumbers are typical dishes in Filipino cooking. Adding them to the sandwich adds a refreshing crunch and a tart flavour that supplements the chicken impeccably.
5. Serve it on pandesal:
Pandesal is a well-known Filipino bread roll that is delicate and somewhat sweet. Serving the chicken sandwich on pandesal adds a layer of flavour and surface to the sandwich that is exceptional in Filipino cooking.
A grilled or fried chicken breast can be used to create a sandwich, which is very simple to prepare. Grill or fry the chicken breast, shred the meat and place vegetables of your choice on it. Dip the sandwich in mayonnaise, then seal it with a slice of cheddar cheese.
If you like sandwiches, you might like this one too. It is straightforward to make, and you can use any vegetables you desire to add to it. Try egg slices, as those are popular among people who love sandwiches.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Ingredients Are Needed For A Filipino Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
This recipe requires the following ingredients: Boneless, skinless chicken bosoms, soy sauce, earthy coloured sugar, calamansi juice or lemon juice, dark pepper, garlic, minced, salt, Cooking oil, water, cheeseburger buns or sandwich rolls, destroyed lettuce, cut tomatoes, cut cucumber, mayonnaise, cut red onions, cuts cheddar (discretionary).
How To Cook Filipino Chicken Sandwich Recipes?
Start by preparing the chicken bosoms. Bring about 2 tbsps of cooking oil to high temperature in a skillet. Place the chicken bosoms and garlic into the skillet and sauté them for about 4 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked.
Arrange the meat on a plate and let it cool before shredding it using two forks to place it on top of the sandwich roll you will use later on.
Can I Use Any Bread For This Sandwich Recipe?
You can use any bread you want. Even if no rolls are available, you could use any other kind of bread, like a baguette. Just remember to use the right size of rolls to balance out the sandwich’s flavours and ingredients.
What Makes A Filipino Chicken Sandwich Unique From Other Chicken Sandwich Recipes?
This recipe has a lot of unique Filipino flavours, like calamansi juice or other citrus juices. It also uses soy sauce to season the chicken breast. There are also a lot of variations on how to make the sandwich rolls, including adding some salted veggies like carrots, pepper and cucumber.
The Filipino chicken sandwich is considered unique compared to the typical one because it contains ingredients you won’t find in other chicken sandwich recipes, such as calamansi juice.
Can I Substitute The Chicken With A Different Type Of Meat In This Recipe?
You can. You can also use other Filipino-flavored meats like pork or beef instead of chicken. You must season the meat well and cook it in a pan with garlic and ginger for some time to ensure it is seasoned enough before you shred it.
How Can I Make The Filipino Chicken Sandwich Recipe Healthier?
You can make the Filipino chicken sandwich recipe healthier by skipping the cheese and mayonnaise. You can also use low-fat instead of regular bread and skip adding fried veggies like onions or cucumbers.
How Do I Reheat The Filipino Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
You can reheat the Filipino chicken sandwich by wrapping it in aluminium foil and putting it in a toaster or regular oven at 300 degrees for about 4-5 minutes until it is warm again.