Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich is a kind of sandwich known for its zesty and tart flavours. The city of origin of this sandwich, Nashville, Tennessee, is given its name. Hot chicken is a local speciality traditionally made with fried chicken coated in a blend of spicy seasonings. The city is famous for its hot chicken. The Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich is a variation of this dish that substitutes torn or shredded chicken for fried chicken.
In recent years, the Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich has gained popularity and can be found on the menus of numerous restaurants across the United States. It is a sandwich with many flavours and enough food to satisfy anyone who likes spicy food.
What Is The Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich?
The Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich is a famous sandwich that began in Nashville, Tennessee. It is made by cooking shredded or pulled chicken until tender and juicy in a spicy seasoning mixture. In addition to other ingredients like brown sugar, honey, and vinegar, the seasoning blend typically includes cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
After that, the chicken is put on a bun and topped with pickles, coleslaw, and a creamy sauce. The spice and heat of the sandwich are well-known. It can be mild to very hot, depending on the variety of herbs used in the seasoning blend. It has become a favourite among fans of spicy and flavorful foods and is on the menu at many restaurants and food trucks across the United States.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preheat oven: to 5 minutes
- Mix spice blend: 5 minutes
- Season chicken: 5 minutes
- Mix hot sauce mixture: 5 minutes
- Bake chicken: 25-30 minutes
- Shred chicken: 10 minutes
- Toast buns: 5 minutes
- Assemble sandwich: 5 minutes
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Making time: 60-65 minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Difficulty level: Easy
How To Make A Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich?
Essential Ingredients For Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich:
- Four skinless, boneless breasts of chicken
- smoked paprika, one tablespoon
- One tablespoon of powdered garlic
- one teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of cayenne
- One tablespoon of Brown sugar
- One kosher salt tablespoon
- Frank’s RedHot hot sauce, which is one-half cup
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- One teaspoon of honey
- One teaspoon of vinegar made from apple cider
- Eight sandwich rolls
- For serving, pickles and cole slaw
Instructions For The Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich:
Set the oven temperature to 375°F.
Combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt in a small bowl.
Season the chicken breasts on all sides with the spice mixture before placing them in a large baking dish.
Combine the honey, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and melted butter in a separate bowl.
Toss the chicken breasts in the hot sauce mixture to ensure an even coating.
The chicken should be cooked through and have an internal temperature of 165°F when baked for 25 to 30 minutes.
The chicken should cool for a few minutes after being removed from the oven.
Shred the chicken with two forks into bite-sized pieces.
Toast the buns and add the pulled chicken to top them before assembling the sandwiches. If desired, top with coleslaw and pickles.
Additional Tips For Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich:
- Instead of cooking the chicken yourself, you can use pre-cooked chicken breasts or store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time.
- Before shredding the chicken, allow it to cool for a few minutes. Because of this, handling and shredding it won’t be as painful as they used to be.
- Before putting the sandwich together, toast the buns. They won’t get soggy and will have a nice crunch from this.
- The amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe can be altered to your liking. If you hate fiery food, you can diminish the sum or discard it.
- After shredding the chicken, you can mix some of the hot sauce mixtures into the shredded chicken for extra flavour.
- Serve your Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich with pickles and coleslaw. These crunchy, tangy sides perfectly complement the spicy and savoury chicken.
- If you have more time, you can also cook the chicken in a slow cooker. Add the hot sauce mixture to the seasoned chicken breasts in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Precautions For Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich:
- To ensure the chicken is fully cooked and safe to consume, cook it to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- To prevent cross-contamination and the spread of bacteria, wash your hands and any surfaces or utensils that come into contact with raw chicken.
- The hot sauce mixture can be very spicy and irritate the skin or eyes, so be careful when handling it.
- Check the ingredients and modify the recipe if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- Consume any remaining chicken within three to four days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you’re serving the sandwich to guests, let them know if it’s spicy and offers a milder alternative if they prefer.
Nutrition Facts Of Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich:
|Saturated fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Please note that this is just an estimate and may vary depending on the ingredients and brands used. Additionally, the nutrition information may differ if you adjust the recipe or use different serving sizes.
5 Best Variations Of Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich –
1. Nashville Hot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich:
Combine buffalo sauce and Nashville hot sauce for a tangy and spicy flavour. Top with blue cheddar disintegrates and cut celery on an excellent bison chicken sandwich contort.
2. Nashville Hot BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Combine your favourite BBQ sauce with Nashville hot sauce for a sweet and smoky flavour. For a twist on the traditional BBQ sandwich, top it with coleslaw.
3. Nashville Hot Chicken Parmesan Sandwich:
For a chicken parmesan sandwich with a spicy kick, layer Nashville hot pulled chicken on a toasted bun with marinara sauce, melted mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
4. Nashville Hot Chicken and Waffles Sandwich:
For a sweet and spicy chicken and waffles sandwich, sandwich the Nashville hot pulled chicken between two crispy waffles and drizzle with maple syrup.
5. Nashville Hot Chicken and Bread Roll Sandwich:
Serve the Nashville hot pulled chicken on a warm, flaky roll with honey spread for a Southern-style curve on the good Nashville hot chicken sandwich.
In conclusion, Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwiches are a spicy and delicious take on a traditional sandwich. You can make a flavour-packed dish appropriate for any occasion using a straightforward mixture of hot sauce and seasonings.
Following the recipe and extra tips, you can make a succulent and delicate chicken with flavour. In addition, if you want to try something new, you can try a chicken parmesan sandwich or a buffalo chicken sandwich, for example. With these adaptations, you can enjoy the spiciness of Nashville hot chicken in various ways.
People Frequently Ask Questions
Can I substitute another kind of meat for chicken?
You can use different meat, like pulled pork or shredded beef. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the method and cooking time may differ depending on the kind of meat you use.
Can the level of spiciness in the mixture of hot sauce be changed?
Adding more or less cayenne pepper or hot sauce can change how spicy the hot sauce mixture is. Taste the sauce as you go and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
What types of spices are used to make the Nashville hot seasoning blend?
The spices and seasonings that give the chicken distinctive flavour and heat are typically included in the Nashville hot seasoning blend. Cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper are the most frequently used spices.
Brown sugar, honey, and vinegar are additional ingredients that can be added to the blend to help balance the heat and give the chicken some sweetness and tang. The exact proportions of the spices used can vary from recipe to recipe and person to person, but the goal is to make a spicy, flavorful seasoning that doesn’t overpower the chicken.
Is the Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich very spicy?
Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich usually has a lot of heat. The chicken is covered in a spicy flavouring mix incorporating cayenne pepper and other hot flavours, making it hot and fiery. However, the degree of spice can vary from recipe to recipe and person to person. Depending on the quantity and type of herbs in the seasoning blend, some sandwiches may be milder or hotter than others.
If you are sensitive to spicy foods, checking the sandwich’s spice level before ordering is always a good idea. If you don’t like spicy food, you might want to order a milder version of the sandwich or a different item from the menu.
What type of bun is best for a Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich?
A Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich’s best bun is sturdy enough to hold up to the juicy and flavorful chicken without being too dense or heavy that it overpowers its other flavours. Because they are soft and slightly sweet, potato buns or brioche buns are popular choices that go well with the chicken’s spicy and tangy flavours.
Additional options include Kaiser rolls, ciabatta rolls, and a crusty baguette. The choice of the bun will ultimately be determined by personal preference and the recipe. It’s also essential to consider the bun size because a big one can make it hard to eat the sandwich, and a small one might not hold all the ingredients.
Can you make a vegetarian version of the Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich?
Using a meat substitute like seitan, tofu, or tempeh instead of chicken, you can make a vegetarian version of the Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich. The reserve can be marinated in a spicy seasoning blend similar to chicken or spiced with a vegetarian hot sauce.
The substitute can then be cooked, shredded, or pulled like chicken and topped with pickles, coleslaw, and a creamy sauce on a bun. The sandwich can also be made with vegetables that have been grilled or roasted, like portobello mushrooms, eggplant, or zucchini.
These vegetables can be seasoned with sauces and spices to give them a spicy kick. The Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich can be made vegetarian-friendly with a bit of imagination and experimentation.
What side dishes would pair well with a Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich?
A Nashville hot pulled chicken sandwich can be enjoyed with various side dishes. There are a few choices:
Fried potatoes: a well-known side dish that can help bring out the chicken’s spiciness. Fried sweet potato: A better option than regular French fries that can add a dash of pleasantness to the dinner.
Coleslaw: A conventional side dish that can supplement the smooth sauce on the sandwich. Beans baked: A great side dish that can add pleasantness and surface to the dinner. Cheese and macaroni: a cheesy, comforting side dish that can go well with spicy chicken.