Grilled chicken drumstick recipes are a delicious way to enjoy a quick, easy dinner. Our favorite recipes include glazed chicken drumsticks, chicken leg and thigh recipes, and honey bourbon grilled chicken drumsticks.
Whole chicken drumsticks are usually meatier than other chicken parts and have a great flavor when grilled. The taste is enhanced when it is marinated overnight in a mixture of herbs and spices.
The process of grilling is viral, and since chicken has a strong smell, people usually use charcoal or gas grills to get that smoky flavor to the food.
What are the Grilled chicken drumstick recipes?
Chicken drumsticks are probably the most popular part of chicken cooking. This is because grilling brings out the juicy flavor that a chopped-up breast does not have. Grilled chicken drumstick recipes can take on many forms.
The marinade can be tangy, like lemon and garlic, or spicy with something like cayenne pepper or paprika powder. It can also be sweet and savory with honey, soy sauce, and mustard powder.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
How to make Grilled chicken drumstick recipes?
- 6-8 chicken legs (drumsticks)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- One tablespoon salt
- Three bay leaves crushed
- Three thyme crushed
- Two teaspoons of black pepper powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
Chop the chicken legs into pieces and tuck them in a storage bag.
To make the marinade, combine vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and let them marinate for 10 minutes. Take the chicken out of the bag and wipe it with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
Combine onion powder, smoked paprika, ground mustard, pepper, cayenne pepper, and soya sauce in a bowl. Prepare the grill. Brush with olive oil and grill the chicken for 25 minutes.
Instead of cooking on a grill, you can also use a broiler oven or barbeque grill pan instead. Turn on the barbecue to medium heat, brush with olive oil, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over every 10 minutes to avoid over-grilling.
Mix honey and soy sauce in a separate bowl and drizzle it on the chicken pieces. Keep turning the chicken over until they are evenly coated.
Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until they are tender and crisp. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve.
- If you don’t want to grill them, you can bake them or use an outdoor grill pan for the same results.
- You may substitute corn syrup for honey for a similar taste.
- This marinade will be best with chicken drumsticks than any other part because it has many flavors and is meatier than any other part of the chicken.
- If you want to avoid the hassle of grilling, you can also bake the chicken. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake them for 30-45 minutes until tender and juicy.
- Chicken drumsticks can be cooked on a barbecue grill or barbeque pan instead of over charcoal or gas fire.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Don’t forget to turn the chicken pieces over every 10 minutes to prevent them from burning on one side.
- Because of the different sizes and thicknesses of chicken drumsticks, cooking time may vary from 20 to 45 minutes, depending on the cut.
- Chicken drumsticks release a lot of juice when grilled. Drain the excess liquid from the chicken pieces by blotting them with paper towels.
- Grilled chicken drumstick recipes can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and up to one month in the freezer.
- The healthy ingredients in chicken drumsticks recipes are the meat, chicken fat, and skin used to prepare the marinade for grilling. It’s also important for you to wash them thoroughly with clean water before grilling them.
Nutrition facts about Grilled chicken drumstick recipes:
|Saturated fat||2 g|
7 healthy benefits of Grilled chicken drumstick recipes-
- Grilled chicken drumstick recipes are high in protein and low in carbs, making them a good source of proteins.
- Chicken drumsticks are also a rich source of niacin (vitamin B3), selenium, phosphorus, and zinc.
- The chicken fats in the recipes can be easily digested by humans and have a lot of healthy acids like oleic acid, linoleic acid, stearic acid, etc.
- Grilled chicken drumstick recipes are a great source of vitamin E and polyunsaturated fats. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and cholesterol.
- The chicken skin also contains many healthy nutrients making it an essential part of any cooked chicken food recipe.
- Grilled chicken drumstick recipes contain no saturated fats, making them a healthy diet.
- The high-temperature contact of meat results in a lot of fat oxidation and opens the meat’s pores, resulting in the formation of many enzymes that help break down proteins. Grilling chicken drumsticks will increase protein breakdown and favor healthy digestion.
How do you marinate chicken drumsticks?
There are a lot of ways in which you can get a firm and juicy chicken drumstick. You can either marinate your drumsticks with the ingredients listed above or use lemon and garlic as the marinade. You can also use honey instead of vegetable oil, soy sauce, or vinegar for the marinade.
How do you grill chicken legs without drying them out?
If you want to achieve the same results in grilling chicken drumstick recipes, you should use a little bit of oil whenever grilling them.
To avoid over-grilling your chicken legs, make sure to turn them frequently. Use a barbecue grill, grilling pan, oven broiler, or gas/charcoal barbecue.
How long does it take to cook chicken drumsticks and thighs?
Chicken drumsticks can be grilled for 20-45 minutes, depending on the thickness and size of the chicken pieces.
What’s the best cut of drumstick for grilling?
The best cut for grilling is a drumstick. If you can’t grill drumsticks, you should try grilling chicken thighs instead. The thighs have much more meat than the drumstick, but the drumstick is still a good choice.
What is a thigh?
The thigh is an organ found inside the front legs of poultry. The thighs are divided into four parts: the thigh, the lower leg, the upper leg, and the jowl.
Unlike drumsticks, thighs contain white meat. Chicken thighs can also be cut into drumstick size chicken meat in one-third of the time it would take to cook drumsticks.
How to cook chicken on a gas grill?
To cook chicken on a gas grill, you should preheat the grill to 250 degrees F. When the temperature is ready, place your chicken in a cooking basket and put it on the grill.
You should also use a basting brush to brush olive oil or butter on the chicken pieces.
Is it best to use olive oil, or can I use butter instead?
You can always use olive oil and butter for basting. While grilling, you can also use vegetable oil and butter instead of olive oil to add a little flavor to your chicken drumsticks or thighs.
How Do I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free As Well?
To make this recipe gluten-free, you should avoid soy sauce and honey. You can use 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of water, and two tablespoons of vinegar to replace the soy sauce. However, you can use gluten-free tamari if you want a similar taste to soy sauce.
How do make Grilled chicken drumstick recipes taste better?
You can improve the taste of chicken drumsticks by adding your favorite marinade, oil, or butter. Another way of enhancing the preference is to brush or spray some lemon or lime juice on the chicken before grilling them.
Can I Make Grilled chicken drumstick recipes For My Kids?
It is highly recommended that children eat chicken drumsticks and thighs. According to specialists, drumsticks and thigh meat are the best protein sources for children.
Grilled chicken drumstick recipes can be served with a side of rice and Chinese noodles, or it can also be done with mashed potatoes.
What do you eat with Grilled chicken drumstick recipes?
Grilled chicken drumstick recipes go extremely well with grilled vegetables, rice, or mashed potatoes. You can also pair these chicken pieces with a side dish.
What is the best grill pan to use to cook Grilled chicken drumstick recipes on my gas grill?
You can use a grill pan for cooking grilled chicken drumstick recipes. You should ensure that the grill pan is suitable for your gas grills. You can always use aluminum foil if it doesn’t fit well.
What is the best way to grill drumsticks?
The best way to grill drumsticks is to examine them using indirect heat. You can use a grill pan or a barbecue grill for this purpose.
It would help if you also used a meat thermometer to check the drumstick’s internal temperature and ensure they don’t get overcooked.
How do you store Grilled chicken drumstick recipes?
It would help if you stored your grilled chicken drumsticks in an airtight container and should keep them in the refrigerator. Keep the container in a cool, dry place and use it within 3-5 days.
You can also freeze the drumsticks if you want to keep them longer. They can be stored for up to one month in a freezer without changing taste or texture.
How To Reheat The Grilled chicken drumstick Recipe?
You can use a microwave oven or a grill pan if you want to reheat them. You should ensure that the chicken drumsticks are covered with oil or butter before reheating them.
Chicken drumsticks and thighs are the most delicious parts of the chicken. Grilled chicken drumstick recipes are easy to make and can be combined with many different ingredients.
You can also try other chicken recipes, such as grilled chicken breast recipes or boneless skinless chicken breast. You should add extra flavor to your dishes using olive oil or butter.