Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe is perfect for the grill. Serve it with a mixed veggie skewer, greens salad, mashed potatoes, and gravy. This dish is both easy and delicious.
Plus, it’s a great recipe to double or triple for entertaining guests because you can use one of those new grill baskets that leave your hands free. The trick is to place the chicken on top of a thick bed of lemons. When in season, you might also want to substitute grapefruit or oranges for some or all of the lemons.
What is the Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe?
This recipe is a healthy take on chicken and vegetables. The cedar flavor is subtle yet it provides a nice contrast with the lemon. It’s also a great family dinner.
The apples provide fiber and sugar, which are needed for healthy digestion. The fiber in food helps move through your digestive tract quickly, absorbing more nutrients from your food so that you have cleaner, inflamed intestines and a more efficient digestive system to flush toxins from your body.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time:30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Service: 4
How to make Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe?
- Four boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Five garlic cloves minced
- Pinch of ground red pepper flakes (optional)
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- Soy sauce
Preheat a grill to medium heat. In a large bowl, combine the oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using). Mix well. Allow sitting for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut two lemons into wedges. Cut the remaining lemon into slices about 1/4-inch thick and 3 inches long.
Coat the chicken thighs with the marinade and place them on a metal rack over the grill. (The chicken will be lightly charred on one side.) grill for about 15 minutes, turning once for even cooking.
Meanwhile, brush the Levin slices with olive oil and grill as above, turning once for even cooking (approx. 5-10 minutes). Remove from grill and set aside to cool slightly.
While the lemons cook, prepare the apples by mixing them in a bowl with two tablespoons of lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder. Shake well to coat.
Remove from the grill and place on a serving platter. Arrange the cooked lemons around it. Serve with cooked apples and remaining lemons.
- This recipe is for you if you are looking for a healthier version of lemon chicken. This recipe has many benefits, like good fats from oils and fatty acids in lemons and soy sauce.
- This dish has a lot of protein, low carb, and low sugar. A great alternative to taking out!
- Adding more steamed vegetables, brown rice, or whole-grain bread can make a meal even healthier.
- You could use any fruit to make this dish, like oranges and grapefruits.
Precautions For Recipes:
- When grilling fruit, be careful that the fruit doesn’t fall into the fire or grill.
- When grilling fruit with chicken, buy high-quality chicken thighs and fresh ingredients if possible. Using high-quality ingredients, it will make your dish taste better!
- You can add a pinch of black pepper to your chicken marinade for extra flavor or use a spice rub instead of fruit and oil marinade.
Nutrition Facts of Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe:
7 healthy benefits of Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe-
- Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe is a healthy alternative to regular lemon chicken recipes. It will make you feel fuller longer, so you’ll eat less throughout the day.
- This meal also has high levels of Vitamin C, which is essential for immune system function.
- The fiber in this dish can help prevent constipation and excess weight gain.
- Fiber also helps get rid of toxins in the body, which can lead to disease and other health problems if not appropriately eliminated from the body.
- The apple cider vinegar in this dish is a natural detoxifier that can help reduce belly fat, especially belly fat, due to inflammation.
- This dish will also help improve your digestion, making you feel more energetic throughout the day.
- There is no sugar-free alternative for this recipe you can use in place of sugar or honey if you are on a low-carb or diabetic diet plan or are looking to eat a lower-sugar meal without gaining weight.
What is the best way to grill fruit?
Grilling fruit can be tricky. If you are using a grill basket (recommended), place the fruit inside of it so the heat will circulate around it while grilling. To make it even easier, you should slice the fruit and put it in a bowl.
You’ll need to turn it often during this process so your fruit doesn’t burn. If your dish is on a grill pan or metal rack, you can sprinkle some salt over the top of your fruit before grilling.
Can I make this recipe for grilled chicken with barbeque sauce on my electric or gas grill?
This recipe can be made with barbeque sauce on a grill. Cook your chicken as you would normally, then brush the barbeque sauce over it before grilling. Place the chicken on a rack for best results.
How can I change the taste of this dish?
If you like this recipe but want to make it a little spicier or milder, try adding more ginger or garlic powder to your marinade. For example: for a more mild chicken, you can add about one teaspoon of ginger and one teaspoon of garlic powder.
For a spicier dish that’s also crunchier, you can use up to 2 teaspoons of ginger and up to 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
Is grilling fruits easy to prepare and cook with additional ingredients like herbs, spices, and vinegar?
Grilling fruit is easy and is great as a side dish, but it’s also tasty in salads. Fruit also pairs well with many meat and vegetables so that you can experiment with different recipes.
If you want a sweet flavor to your dish, try adding spices like ginger or cloves and accessorizing your plate with fresh herbs like mint, chervil, or basil.
Can I use other fruits besides lemon, apples, and lemons?
You can use any fruit for this recipe. Remember that the firmer the fruit, the longer it will take to grill and cook. Softer fruits will cook faster than others.
How to marinate meat?
Marinating meat is a process that involves soaking your meat in a combination of flavored liquids like oil and vinegar, soy sauce, or lemon juice, depending on your recipe’s flavor profile. Marinating chicken thighs can be done in just 20 minutes.
Is grilling fruit safe for pregnant women and children to eat?
While there are no restrictions on fruit consumption, washing it thoroughly before eating is essential. Avoiding fruits that have been sprayed with chemicals is also good since they could contain harmful toxins.
What side dishes can I serve with Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe?
You can serve this dish with a side of vegetables for a healthy, filling meal. Try grilling or steaming your vegetables and adding a few herbs like rosemary or thyme.
What wine goes with Applebee’s cedar-grilled lemon chicken recipe?
You can drink wine with this dish since the subtle cedar and citrus flavors go well with earthy red wines. If you’re not a fan of reds, choose a white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Sancerre, which go well with this dish.
What kind of chicken does Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe use?
The grilled lemon chicken uses boneless skinless chicken thighs. You can use legs, breasts, or a combination of both.
How Do I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free As Well?
This recipe for grilled chicken is gluten-free as long as you buy gluten-free soy sauce. If you want to make your dish completely gluten-free, this recipe has other ingredients that are naturally gluten-free, like apples and lemons.
Can you use this recipe for chicken breast?
You can use this recipe for chicken breast, but you will also need to marinate the chicken breasts in a liquid blend of oil and citrus, like lemon juice or lime juice. Read the ingredients in your lean cuisine lemon pepper chicken so you can replicate it at home.
What can I substitute for The Grilled Lemon Chicken from Applebee’s?
There are many ways that you can substitute this dish depending on your preferences, budget, and dietary needs.
How To Store Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe?
Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe will keep fresh in your fridge for up to 3 days. If you have the leftovers, store them in the refrigerator and heat them when ready to eat. The apple cider vinegar will keep its color, so don’t worry about them getting brown or oxidizing.
How To Reheat The Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe?
This dish is best if you eat it right after you make it. However, if there’s still some leftover, this recipe can be reheated in the microwave or a hot oven.
A toaster oven works great since it can heat the dish without drying out your chicken or making it as soggy as microwaving.
Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken dish is a great recipe for anyone looking to add a little spice and flavor to their diet. It’s easy, healthy, and quick to make.
This original cedar grilled chicken recipe is simple to make and packed with apple cider vinegar’s benefits. If you’re looking for a new way to spice up your diet, this citrusy grilled chicken will do the trick.
2 thoughts on “Applebee’s cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe: Easy cooking tips”