The chicken diablo pasta recipe is versatile; it could be the main meal, a side dish, or an appetizer. It takes very little time to make and will feed a crowd in seconds. You can make the sauce in advance so you’ll have plenty on hand when needed.
The combination of flavors is bold yet light, keeping your taste buds entertained and your friends and family. When you’re finished cooking up this flavorful dish, pour some over brown rice for a slow cooker meal that’s easy to prepare at home.
What is the Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
The Chicken diablo pasta recipe is a dish that is easy to make, but it will quickly become one of your family’s favorite meals. The flavors are bold yet light, which makes this dish the perfect complement to any main course meal.
The Chicken diablo pasta recipe is made up of three main ingredients, Chicken, ziti pasta, and sauce. The mixture of Chicken, ziti, and the sauce gives you a great taste that everyone will enjoy. You’ll make this recipe repeatedly when you want something with a strong flavor that you can easily prepare in as little as fifteen minutes.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 3-4
How to make a Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
- One lb. fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach chopped or torn with stems removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes chopped
Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil over medium heat. Add the Chicken and brown it to the desired doneness, making sure not to overcook but it is cooked throughout and no longer pink in the middle. Set aside on a plate if necessary. Discard drippings from the pan.
Add butter, heavy cream, and garlic in the same pan, whisking until smooth. Add the cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Chicken and spinach, mixing thoroughly so that all ingredients are combined.
Add the Chicken, Stir in 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain thoroughly but don’t rinse. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the sauté pan and the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, stirring until fully combined. Serve immediately, garnished with a basil leaf if desired.
Pour heavy cream mixture over the pasta mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle cheese over the top of your pasta mixture and place in oven under broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute or less if you want the cheese browned. Serve immediately.
- Increase the heat to medium and add cooked Chicken.
- In a skillet, sauté Chicken in olive oil and cook until no longer pink. Set aside on a plate and keep warm if necessary.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of cayenne pepper depending on your desired spiciness level, using more or less cayenne powder as needed.
- Add 2 tsp red pepper flakes and 3 tsp cayenne pepper for a spicier alternative.
- You can substitute sun-dried tomatoes with fresh or dried chopped tomatoes or even pickled cherry tomatoes.
- To increase the amount of Parmesan cheese, use 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and add an extra 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Add extra fresh garlic and onion if desired.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Use fresh baby spinach or remove torn stems. Fresh spinach is easier to digest than the dried variety containing more fiber.
- Use bow-tie pasta for this recipe; if you use the flat pasta shape, you will have to add an extra 5 minutes of cooking time.
- If your sauce is too thick and watery, add a little bit of heavy cream or milk to thin it out.
- Always cook the chicken breast in batches (cooking in smaller pieces at a time), so it cooks evenly and not too quickly or unevenly.
- All your ingredients should be prepped and ready before you start cooking. This will help keep things organized and efficient and save you time.
Nutritional Facts of Chicken diablo pasta recipe:
5 healthy benefits of Chicken diablo pasta recipe-
- The chicken diablo pasta recipe is high in protein. The chicken diablo pasta recipe is high in protein, especially if you make a large serving to share with your family. Protein contributes to the development and maintenance of muscle tissue and helps the body repair damaged tissues.
- The chicken diablo pasta recipe is low in cholesterol; the chicken diablo pasta recipe contains a small amount of cholesterol, especially when you use fresh ingredients with no added saturated or trans-fat.
- The chicken diablo pasta recipe is low in sodium, chicken diablo pasta recipe is low in sodium and retains no unfavorable amount of sodium.
- The chicken diablo pasta recipe is high in protein; The chicken diablo pasta recipe contains an adequate amount of protein. Protein can help you feel fuller for longer by keeping hunger at bay.
- The chicken diablo pasta recipe is low in carbohydrates, chicken diablo pasta recipe is low in carbohydrates and contains no unfavorable amount of carbs.
What can I do to prevent the hard, dried-out texture in homemade pasta dough?
Dust your board with flour to prevent the hard, dried-out texture in the homemade dough and homemade pasta from sticking to the rolling board.
I am soaking homemade pasta in warm water for 30 minutes before rolling allows for moisture to be absorbed into the dough and will prevent it from sticking.
What is the best pasta to make a Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
Fresh pasta (bow tie pasta, penne, rotini, perinatally, and rigatoni are all good choices) will always produce the best-tasting food.
Why does the pasta stick together when cooked?
This happens because the dough is too dry, and a liquid (egg) or fat is needed to make it stick together. Too much flour makes dough dry, and the more flour you add, the harder it will be to roll out. The solution is to make use of eggs or low-fat milk.
How do I make the chicken diablo pasta recipe even less spicy?
The chicken diablo pasta recipe is perfect for people who want a little kick to their meal. But if you’re not a fan of the effects hot peppers can have on your stomach, then you can use less cayenne pepper or substitute the sun-dried tomatoes with any other type of fresh or dried chopped tomato or even pickled cherry tomatoes.
How Do I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free As Well?
The gluten-free version of the chicken diablo pasta recipe does not contain gluten and can be made simply by substituting the flour with a gluten-free alternative.
To make this Goat’s milk ricotta pasta, you can use water instead of milk. The gluten-free version will have the same consistency as the wheat flour version.
What To Serve With Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
What to serve with the chicken diablo pasta recipe is a matter of choice. This pasta sauce can be served with poultry, seafood, or an Italian dish like a good pizza.
How Do I Make Chicken diablo pasta recipe Healthier?
If you are looking for a pasta recipe that is lower in fat, then the chicken diablo pasta recipe can be easily made healthier by using low-fat mozzarella cheese and low-fat milk. Alternatively, you can make this dish without cheese.
Can this recipe be made without heavy cream?
You can use light cream or milk in this recipe, and it will still taste great. I recommend using low or no-fat milk if you don’t want heavy cream.
What is the best way to cook pasta?
It is cooking the pasta in a large boiling pot of water along with salt. It would help if you cooked the pasta until it is al dente, which is firm to the tooth but not at all rubbery and still has a bit of bite left.
Can I add other ingredients to the Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
You can add more flavor to grated cheese, onions, or garlic. Add a little more cayenne pepper powder to the sauce. This recipe also tastes great with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and light cream added.
How To Store Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
It is best to freeze a little smaller portion of this chicken diablo pasta recipe and store it in freezer-safe containers.
Make sure there is enough room for the sauce to expand when frozen. I recommend freezing a smaller portion of this dish if you cannot use it all at once so it can stay fresh.
How Do I Reheat Chicken diablo pasta recipe?
Many people like to freeze cooked pasta, then use the frozen pasta in other dishes. I recommend sticking it in a saucepan and pouring chicken stock, milk, or water to reheat it.
You can also heat it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, so you do not need to spend too much time refrying the chicken diablo pasta recipe.
The chicken diablo pasta recipe is fun and delicious for children and adults. It is easy to make and can be served for lunch or dinner with an amazing taste.
Try this Chicken diablo pasta recipe. The chicken diablo pasta recipe goes very well with any kind of bread, salad, or even rice. This is a great recipe and everyone will surely love it.