Bill miller fried chicken recipe is the best-fried chicken recipe you will come across, and in this article, we go into detail about the entire process of how to make it. Whether you are looking for a simple fried chicken dinner or want to master this recipe to make it at home, you’ll find all the instructions here.
Meals like these are a perfect example of how creativity fuels success in every aspect of life: from cooking to business. With just one good idea and some willingness to innovate, anyone can create new recipes for loved ones who crave them most.
What is the Bill miller fried chicken recipe?
The Bill miller fried chicken recipe has been around for almost 30 years and is one of the most famous recipes in all of America. The man coined the name ‘the Bill miller fried chicken recipe’ when he decided to trademark his version of fried chicken after he had ceased selling the original recipe for half a century. This makes it a sporadic case of a recipe that a trademark has protected.
Bill miller’s fried chicken recipe is a buttery, moist chicken coated in corn starch and crispy coating. The texture and flavor of this chicken are unlike any other because it has been cooked in beer and flavored with five secret herbs and spices.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
How to make Bill miller fried chicken recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Bill miller fried chicken recipe:
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds of chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- Salty taste
For the flours
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1-2 cup water
- Oil for frying
Directions For Bill miller fried chicken recipe:
Add the chicken, ginger, and garlic paste to a large bowl. Add the chili powder, garam masala powder, soya sauce, and salt and mix well.
Cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for 4-8 hours. This is crucial because it allows maximum absorption of the spices and marinade into the chicken. The time you leave depends on how spicy you want your finished product.
Remove the chicken from the fridge and drain it. Add the baking soda, chili powder, cornflour, and baking powder in another bowl. Add a little water until you have made a runny batter, as shown in figure 1.
Heat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Dip the chicken into the batter; cover each piece nicely, then place them in hot oil.
Once you have added all the chicken pieces, leave them to cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure that you don’t move the pieces of chicken around in the oil too much, as this will ensure that they all get an even coating of crispiness.
As soon as the coating has turned a golden brown (figure 2), remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Once they are cool enough to handle, serve immediately with your favorite sides.
Additional Tips For Bill miller fried chicken recipe:
- For an extra spicy kick, double the chili powder in the marinade.
- If you don’t have chili powder or red pepper flakes, add some paprika powder.
- If you are going to be using beer for this recipe, I would recommend using Budweiser if you want to get that authentic taste, but otherwise, a standard lager will do just fine.
- If you want to make an extra spicy version, add a teaspoon of paprika to the mix when making the marinade.
- If you want your Bill miller fried chicken recipe to be served hot, keep them in the oven after they have been cooked until they are warm.
- You can also serve these with boiled potatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli (if you want to make them a meal).
- You can use chicken breast instead of wing drumsticks for a healthy alternative.
- If you have any leftovers, make tasty fried rice with the same marinade used for the chicken.
Precautions For Bill miller fried chicken recipe:
- I recommend using a thermometer to check the heat in your oil.
- It is essential to keep an eye on the oil level in your pan and re-check it every few minutes, especially when adding more pieces of chicken.
- It is also essential to ensure that the oil does not exceed 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Otherwise, there will be too much oil for each piece of chicken, and it won’t get cooked evenly.
- If you are worried about your family becoming too addicted to this recipe, try making it occasionally.
- It would help if you had a large pan to make this recipe in; otherwise, the chicken pieces will not be able to fit into it. If you don’t have one, you can use a larger pan and split the chicken in half, but this is more difficult to make and not as good.
- If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use lime juice or other citrus juices.
- If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free flour mix.
- You can add garlic powder and onion powder to the mix for extra flavor.
Nutrition facts about Bill miller fried chicken recipe:
7 healthy benefits of Bill miller fried chicken recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
Bill miller fried chicken recipe is a heart-healthy food containing less fat, less sodium, and more fiber.
2. Healthy Digestion:
The spices and herbs help to increase the number of good bacteria in the gut, which helps eliminate waste and toxins from the body. The probiotic properties in this dish also help to protect against colds and flu.
3. Digestive Health:
Chicken also contains lots of protein and vitamin B, both essential for digestive health. This dish also has five times the amount of Vitamin B-6 compared to dairy, a significant source of this vitamin.
4. Reduced Appetite:
This fried chicken recipe is packed full of spices, which creates a feeling of satiety that keeps you from feeling hungry for longer, so it is a healthy option for weight management programs and diets.
5. Lower Cholesterol:
The ingredients in this fried chicken recipe contain lots of fiber, which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
6. Cleaner Skin:
The turmeric in the marinade is full of powerful antioxidants and nutrients that help to fight off free radical damage to the skin. It also helps to clear out any excess oil from the skin and keep it looking fresh and healthy.
7. Healthy Nails:
The presence of iron in the dish helps to increase the oxygen supply to the body and keep your nails healthy and strong.
Bill miller fried chicken recipe is one of the classic American dishes that all family members can enjoy. By carefully following this recipe, you will be able to produce a dish that is crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside, making it one of the most amazing dishes you have ever tasted.
People Frequently ask questions
How Do You Make Chicken Soft And Tender Before Frying?
You can also put it in a baking pan and cover it with aluminum foil; then, it will get tender quickly when you bake it. You can also set a little water in the pan to make it more tender.
Why Do You Add Baking Powder To Flour For Fried Chicken?
The baking powder adds some air to the chicken, making it crispy and delicious. The flour will be changed into the dough without baking powder, which will not make the chicken crispy.
What Kind Of Oil Do You Use For Frying Chicken?
You can use both peanut oil and vegetable oil for frying chicken. You don’t need to add much oil because the chicken will become crispy when fried in small amounts.
How To Tell Whether The Chicken Is Cooked Or Not?
Before putting the chicken into the frying pan, you should touch it. It should be hard. If it’s easy to stick with your fingers, you should cook it more. Also, there’s a way to check whether the chicken is cooked through its bone marrow.
How To Fry Chicken Wings And Drumsticks?
You can un-bone them and use them for frying. But if you don’t want to do that, you can cut out the bone and put it back when it’s done.
Please put salt, pepper powder, paprika powder, and other spices into it. Then you can fry chicken wings and drumsticks quickly.
How To Coat The Chicken With Flour?
First, pour the flour into a plate. Then dip a chicken piece into water and put it into the flour container. Flip it over and make sure that it’s covered evenly with flour. Finally, please put it in a bowl for 5 minutes or so.
How Do You Make Chicken Soft And Tender Before Frying?
You can serve this chicken with a good gravy or corn on the cob. You can also make some different side dishes for it. If you want to make a complete meal, you can serve it with boiled potatoes and cauliflower.
But if you make it healthier, you can serve it with broccoli and cauliflower. Or else, you can also just eat it as a snack
How To Store One Leftover Bill Miller Fried Chicken Recipe?
Bill miller’s fried chicken recipe will last for three days if you store it in the refrigerator. After that, you can keep it in the freezer and use it whenever possible. You can defrost it in the fridge overnight.
What Should I Do To Reheat Fried Chicken?
To reheat the fried chicken, simply fry them again in a little bit of oil in the frying pan. But then you should wait for it to cool down before you eat it, or the chicken will be too hot.