Whataburger Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich is a popular fast food item known for its crispy chicken strips. If you’re a Whataburger’s Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich fan, you might be curious how to make it home.
Fortunately, you don’t need many cooking skills or complicated ingredients to make this delicious Sandwich at any time. The Whataburger Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich recipe will be explained step by step in this article.
What Is The Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich?
The famous Whataburger Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich can be found on the fast food chain’s menu. It comprises firm chicken tenders covered in a honey bar-b-que sauce and served on a toasted bun.
The Whataburger Honey bar-b-que Chicken Tender Sandwich is number one among clients who partake in a delicious and filling chicken sandwich with a bit of pleasantness and smokiness.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparing the ingredients, including washing and slicing the chicken strips: 5-10 minutes
- Coating the chicken strips with the flour mixture: 5 minutes
- Frying the chicken strips until golden and crispy: 10-15 minutes
- Toasting the hamburger buns: 2-3 minutes
- Assembling the Sandwich with the honey BBQ sauce, lettuce, and tomato: 2-3 minutes
- Total Time: 40-45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Difficulty level: Easy
How Do You Make The Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich?
Essential Ingredients For Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich:
- Four skinless, boneless breasts of chicken
- Buttermilk, one cup
- all-purpose flour, 1 cup
- One paprika teaspoon
- One teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- Black pepper, half a teaspoon
- frying using vegetable oil
- Burger buns, four
- 50 ml of honey
- BBQ sauce with honey
- cheese slices, optional
- Pickles, sliced (optional)
- lettuce leaves if desired
- (Optional) Slices of tomato
- Slices of onion (optional)
Instructions For The Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich:
Before you begin cooking, setting up your fixings and workspace is fundamental. Follow these means: Chicken breasts should be washed and patted dry. The chicken breasts should be cut into thin, even strips.
Mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. To make the honey BBQ sauce, combine the BBQ sauce and honey in a separate bowl.
Coating the Chicken Strips
To achieve the crispy coating that is so recognizable, follow these steps: Ensure that each chicken strip is evenly coated by dipping it in the flour mixture. Set the coated strip aside after shaking off any excess flour. Rehash the cycle with every one of the chicken tenders.
Frying the Chicken Strips
Now that your chicken tenders are covered, the ideal time to broil them flawlessly is to heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Place the coated chicken strips carefully into the hot oil, ensuring not to crowd them.
Broil the chicken tenders on each side for 3-4 minutes until they become brilliant brown and firm. Transfer the cooked chicken strips to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
Assembling the Sandwich
Now that the chicken strips are prepared, the Whataburger Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich can be assembled: The hamburger buns should be toasted until golden brown. The honey BBQ sauce should be generously distributed over the buns on both sides.
Place a couple of lettuce leaves and tomato cuts on the base bun. Layer the vegetables on top of the fried chicken strips. The top bun covers the chicken strips.
The Whataburger Honey bar-b-que Chicken finger Sandwich is scrumptious all alone, yet you can improve the dinner with sure delectable sides:
Serve the Sandwich with sweet potato fries or crispy french fries as a side. Add a reviving touch with a side plate of mixed greens or coleslaw. Enjoy dinner with a chilly refreshment, like a chilled tea or a pop.
Additional Tips For Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich:
- When coating the chicken strips, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder to the flour mixture for an additional kick of flavor.
- The honey in the honey BBQ sauce can be increased if you prefer a sweeter sauce.
- To accomplish a fresh and brilliant earthy-colored covering on the chicken tenders, guarantee the oil is hot enough before searing. Dropping a small piece of bread into the oil will allow you to determine the temperature of the oil; The oil is ready when it sizzles and quickly turns golden brown.
- It’s essential to allow the overabundance of oil to deplete off the seared chicken tenders by putting them on a paper towel-lined plate. They will stay crispy and not become greasy, thanks to this.
- Instead of frying the coated chicken strips, you can bake them in the oven for a healthier alternative. Preheat the broiler to 400°F (200°C), put the chicken tenders on a lubed baking sheet, and prepare for around 15-20 minutes or until they are cooked through and firm.
Precautions For Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich:
- Use caution when working with hot oil to avoid burns. To prevent splattering oil, use a deep skillet with high sides.
- Before putting the Sandwich together, ensure the chicken strips have been thoroughly cooked. Slice into a part of the check if the meat is white, and squeeze run clear.
- Check the ingredients of the BBQ sauce and bun for any potential allergens if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- When handling raw chicken, be mindful of the risk of cross-contamination. Clean up entirely and clean any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with the crude chicken.
- Store any extras in an impermeable cooler compartment and consume them within 2-3 days. To maintain their crispiness, reheat the chicken strips in an oven or toaster oven.
Nutrition Facts Of Whataburger honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich:
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||61 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
These values may vary depending on the ingredients and brands used.
5 Best Variations Of Whataburger Honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich-
1. Spicy Kick:
By incorporating cayenne pepper or hot sauce into the honey BBQ sauce, you can add some heat to your Sandwich. This will give your chicken tenders a red-hot contort.
2. Cheesy Delight:
Before assembling the Sandwich, place a slice of your preferred cheese, such as cheddar or pepper jack, on top of the chicken strips. For a savory and gooey experience, allow the cheese to melt slightly.
3. Bacon Lover’s Dream:
Layer some cooked, crispy bacon on top of the chicken strips. Combining the smoky bacon and the sweet and tangy sauce will enhance the Sandwich’s flavors.
4. Avocado Bliss:
Cut some ready avocado and put it on the lettuce and tomato. The avocado’s buttery, creamy texture will go perfectly with the chicken strips.
5. Southwest Twist:
Add a Southwestern style to your Sandwich by garnishing it with cut jalapeños, diced tomatoes, and harsh cream. This variation gives you a burst of flavor and a hint of tanginess.
You can make the Whataburger Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich in the comfort of your own home by following this straightforward recipe. Enjoy the tangy honey BBQ sauce-coated crispy chicken strips served on a toasted bun with fresh lettuce and tomato. Your taste buds will be begging for more after this filling meal.
People Frequently Ask Questions
Can I customize the toppings on the Sandwich?
Whataburger offers customization options, allowing you to add or remove toppings according to your preferences. You can customize the Sandwich with additional condiments, cheese, or other toppings.
Can I use a different sauce in place of the BBQ sauce?
You are free to try a variety of sauces to suit your preferences. However, you can achieve a flavor profile that is comparable to that of the original Whataburger sandwich by using a BBQ sauce that is tart and slightly sweet.
Can the chicken strips be frozen?
You can freeze the chicken fingers after they have been broiled. Please try to cool them before putting them in an impermeable compartment or a more incredible pack. Reheat them in the oven until they are thoroughly heated before serving.