Chicken divan recipe with curry is a recipe created by an American chef that is a type of chicken dish served in an oven-roasted bed of vegetables simmered in cream and curry”.This blog post will discuss everything you need to know about making this dish, including how long it takes and what ingredients you need.
There are also many different ways to tweak the recipe to make it your own. Chicken divan with curry gives your dinner a sweet, creamy taste with a side of veggies that puts all other recipes to shame.
What is the Chicken divan recipe with curry?
Chicken divan recipe with curry is a delicious dish from the United States of America. However, the origins of this dish can be traced back to France in the 17th century.
The chicken divan recipe with curry was designed to feed children their vegetables in an exciting way, and it has been said to be one of the tastiest ways to serve vegetables to your family.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 people
How To Make Chicken divan recipe with curry?
Essential Ingredients For Chicken divan recipe with curry:
- Two large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Two tablespoons margarine
- Two tablespoons of regular baking flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup weighty cream
- One tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dark pepper
- Two heads of broccoli slashed into florets
- 1 cup destroyed cheddar
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions For Chicken divan recipe with curry:
Preheat the broiler to 375°F.
In a pan, dissolve the spread over medium intensity. Race in the flour until smooth, and afterwards, progressively add the chicken stock and heavy cream. Mix in the curry powder, salt, and pepper.
Cook the combination over medium intensity, mixing continually, until it thickens, around 5-7 minutes.
Add the destroyed chicken and broccoli florets to the sauce, and mix to join.
Empty the combination into a lubed 9×13-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle the destroyed cheddar and breadcrumbs over the goulash.
Heat the dish for 25-30 minutes until the cheddar is liquefied and effervescent and the breadcrumbs are brilliant brown.
Serve hot, and partake in your Chicken Divan with curry!
Additional Tips For Chicken divan recipe with curry:
- Pick excellent quality chicken for this recipe. Boneless, skinless chicken bosoms function admirably for this recipe.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder to the sauce to give it a remarkable and tasty contort. Change the sum however you would prefer.
- For this recipe, broccoli is customarily utilized, yet you can use different vegetables like cauliflower, carrots, or green beans.
- For a better rendition, utilize low-fat milk, cheddar, and Greek yoghurt rather than sharp cream. This will assist with diminishing the available carbohydrate content of the dish.
- For a firm fix, sprinkle breadcrumbs blended in with a little dissolved margarine over the dish before baking.
- When the dish is cooked, decorate it with new spices like parsley or cilantro. This will add newness and variety to the plate.
- Chicken divan with curry is customarily presented with rice. However, you can serve it with noodles or quinoa for a better choice.
Precautions For Chicken divan recipe with curry:
- It means a lot to involve new chicken in this recipe to avoid the gamble of foodborne sickness. Try to check the lapse date before buying and putting away the chicken appropriately before cooking.
- Ensure to cook the chicken to an inner temperature of 165°F to guarantee it’s protected to eat.
- Flush the broccoli entirely before use to eliminate any soil or garbage on it.
- Assuming you have extras, make a point to store them in a water/airproof holder in the fridge for as long as three days. Warm the perks thoroughly before consuming.
- Curry powder can differ in power, so add it bit by bit and taste as you go to accomplish the ideal degree of zestiness.
- Be cautious while taking care of the goulash dole out of the stove. Use stove gloves or pot holders to try not to consume yourself.
Nutrition Facts Of Chicken divan recipe with curry:
7 Healthy Benefits Of Chicken divan recipe with curry-
1. Healthy Heart:
Chicken is a source of low-fat protein, which helps you to hammer down fats from the body.
2. Healthy Body:
Chicken with curry is a valuable source of minerals and vitamins, nourishing your body.
3. Keeps The Brain Healthy:
Chicken possesses omega-3 fatty acids, which are also found in great quantity in salmon fish and sardines. These fatty acids help you to improve brain power, memory, and overall health of your body cells.
4. Healthy Skin:
Chicken has Vitamins A and E, nourishing your skin cells and improving their strength.
5. Healthy Bones:
The chicken with curry is packed with calcium which keeps the bones strong and helps to keep the body strong.
6. Healthy Digestion:
Chicken is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and niacin, which prevents you from getting ulcers in your stomach.
7. Healthy Pregnancy:
Chicken is an excellent source of folic acid and vitamin B12 that helps your body to create red blood cells and, thus, promotes healthy pregnancy.
Chicken Divan with Curry is a fun way to serve classic chicken recipes to the family. Try this recipe if you are looking for an exciting way to serve your kids their vegetables.
Although curry is spicy, if you are not a big fan of it, you can skip it and add more cheddar cheese to your dish. Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below!
People Frequently ask questions
Don’t We Need Any Ingredients Specified In The Recipes?
The chicken divan is one of the essential dishes which doesn’t have various ingredients like other dishes. You can use any chicken meat you want, but you need to check its quality and ensure it is fresh and 100% healthy without any external additions or preservatives.
Can We Make This Recipe With Any Vegetables?
Absolutely! You can change the vegetable every time or use what you have. For example, you can use broccoli and green peas or carrots instead of broccoli for Chicken Divan with Curry.
Why Does My Chicken Taste Bitter When I Am Baking It?
This is more common in cooking chicken wings or squab as they have more cartilage and fat, which causes them to absorb the baking soda taste and give off an unpleasant flavour.
How To Cook A Chicken Divan Recipe With Curry?
Make the sauce by mixing the chicken broth, onion, flour and curry powder. Boil your chicken briefly until the white meat is white, then cut it into dice.
Then mix all these in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for around 25 minutes until the cheddar is melted and the breadcrumbs are browned.
Can I Make A Chicken Divan With A Gravy Recipe?
You can make the chicken divan with a gravy recipe. Add chicken broth to this recipe and a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
How To Make A Chicken Divan In The Microwave?
Microwave chicken for 5 minutes in a bowl of cold water to help you avoid the risk of salmonella.
Then microwave broccoli florets and mix them with chopped chicken. Add the rest of the ingredients and bake it in the microwave at High power (900W) for 10-15 minutes.
What Is A Good Side Dish For This Curry Recipe?
A good side dish for this curry recipe is steamed rice, quinoa or even baked potatoes. Serve them with your favourite chutney.
Does It Taste Like A Regular Chicken Divan Recipe Without Cheese?
This recipe tastes like a classic chicken divan recipe with some extra spices in the sauce and cheese on top.
Can We Bake A Chicken Divan Recipe With Curry?
You can bake a chicken divan recipe with curry. Bake at low temperature, and baking time should be longer than usual. If you want the cheddar cheese to be melted and browned on the top of your dish, bake it for approximately 40 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are browned.