Texas roadhouse’s country fried chicken recipe is mouthwatering and so tasty. In addition, if you love chicken, you will enjoy this easy-fried chicken recipe. The result is golden brown and crispy outside with moist, tender meat inside. This is a highly excellent hearty meal with a ton of protein and carbs.
One of the main strengths of this recipe is its simplicity. There are only a handful of ingredients in the Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe. Warning you can even use leftover chicken for this hearty meal as long as it’s not dried out completely.
What is the Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe?
Comparatively, this is a straightforward recipe for country-fried chicken made with simple ingredients. The famous Texas roadhouse chain of restaurants in the Midwest inspires it.
Most of their menu items, like the country fried chicken and steak, are textbook examples of tex-mex food recipes. In like manner, the spicy, juicy meat is simply marinated in buttermilk, dry rub, and then deep-fried to perfection.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
How to make a Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe?
For the chicken cube steaks marinade:
- 4 (6-ounce) Certified Angus chicken cube steaks
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Two eggs
- Three teaspoons of kosher salt divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
For the flour:
- 2 cups flour
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
For the fry:
- 2 cups peanut or canola oil for frying
For the Country Gravy:
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of soy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Veg Stock or Water
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garlic, finely minced
For the chicken cube steaks marinade:
First, combine the buttermilk and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. In addition, stir in the salt, black pepper, and whole milk and mix until well blended.
Then add the marinated chicken cube steaks to the marinade and mix with your hands or a spoon until the chicken is evenly coated. In addition, cover and place in refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
For the flour:
Similarly, mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth, and no lumps of flour are left.
Remove the chicken cube steaks from the marinade and dip them into the flour mixture. Using your hands for this process is best to ensure all the chicken is evenly coated with flour. Discard any leftover marinade in your large bowl. Repeat dipping each chicken cube steak in whole milk and then into the flour again (two steps) likewise.
For the fry:
Then heat oil in a large pot or deep-fryer to 300°F (150°C). Fry the chicken cube steaks in batches until evenly browned, about 5-7 minutes per side.
Equally important, remove the fried chicken from the oil with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel-lined platter to drain. Toss with more flour and rest while frying the remaining batch of chicken.
For the Country Gravy:
First, melt one tbsp of butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add flour and constantly whisk for 1 minute.
Uniquely add soy milk and constantly whisk until the mixture starts to get thick; this signs that the gravy is almost done.
Then add Veg Stock and stir continuously until it thickens to your desired consistency. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper. Sit down, and enjoy your surprisingly delicious vegan Chicken fried steak.
- You can skip this step if you do not have time to marinate the chicken cube steaks.
- If you dislike your fried chicken as super crispy, use less oil for frying.
- If you like your gravy with more liquid and thinner consistency, add more water or Veg Stock along with the soy milk.
- If you don’t have Veg Stock and are making a vegan Chicken fried steak recipe for the first time and don’t want to run out to buy some, just use water.
- You can also use garlic plus a little salt & black pepper mixture to prepare the flour.
- You can also use vegetable oil instead of peanut/canola oil for frying; just make sure you heat your oil first to prevent the fried chicken from getting soggy or losing its crispiness.
- Other tips for making fried chicken include egg whites instead of whole eggs, buttermilk instead of whole milk, etc. It is up to you what you prefer in your fried chicken recipe.
- The longer you marinate your chicken cube steaks, the more flavor and seasoning get infused into them, making them tender and moist.
Precautions For Recipes:
- Cut the chicken cube steaks into bite-size pieces to ensure uniformity of texture.
- The chicken will absorb the texture of anything you place it on, so place a paper towel or something similar to keep the chicken dry if you don’t have a paper bag or a bowl.
- Cook or reheat leftover gravy inside your frying pan or microwave oven. For reheating, it’s best to let it come to room temperature first before placing it in a warm oven or frying pan.
- Store unused gravy in the fridge for 2-3 days. The longer it’s stored, the better it’ll taste.
- Fry the chicken cube steaks in batches to prevent them from sticking together and keep the oil temperature consistent throughout.
- Any leftover gravy can be used with plain rice, spaghetti pasta, fried potatoes, or eggs on toast. It is up to your preference but always remembers to season according to how you like your gravy to taste so you can enjoy a more balanced vegan Fried chicken recipe.
Nutrition facts of Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe:
|Total Fat||14.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.3 g|
7 healthy benefits of Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe-
1. Healthy Heart:
This recipe is heart-healthy because it contains whole grains, which are suitable for your heart, and also because it contains soybean oil, which will reduce high cholesterol in your body.
2. Healthy Muscles:
Whole soybeans contain high-quality protein, and this recipe is also rich in protein. Though non-vegetarians might not think soybeans to be a muscle builder, many studies have shown that adding several servings per week of beans to one’s diet can help build muscles while enhancing performance.
3. Healthy Weight Loss:
The soybean oil in this recipe is also very healthy. It has 9 grams of fat per serving, but your body must function correctly.
4. Healthy Hair Boil:
This recipe contains moisturizing ingredients to keep your hair soft and well-hydrated. If you use eggs, grate the hard-boiled eggs into the mixture whenever you need to add more moisture or flavor to the dish.
5. Healthy Digestion:
Whole soybeans contain naturally soluble fiber, which helps keep you regular and will help you stay regular. It also has protein, essential vitamins, and minerals that help to repair the digestive system.
6. Healthy Skin:
Whole soybean oil is a moisturizing oil that keeps your skin healthy and supple. The flour mixture’s soybean oil helps prevent cellulite from forming on the thighs and abdomen due to the high amount of fat in the recipe.
7. Healthy Hair:
The whole soybean oil in the recipe also benefits your hair, as mentioned above. This recipe will surely satisfy your carnal cravings and leave you craving more.
Why is my fried chicken sticking to the pan?
There are numerous reasons why your chicken may be sticking to the pan. Firstly, use a non-stick pan when making this recipe. Also, ensure you do not pour the oil into a hot pan.
It takes time for the oil to heat up fully; if it’s too hot, your chicken will stick. Thirdly, you should place some paper towels on the bottom of your frying pan to absorb any excess oil after frying.
How do I thicken my gravy so that it doesn’t taste watery?
Add more flour if the consistency of your gravy is too thin. However, do NOT add milk if your gravy is too thick or already tastes thick. You can always thin out your gravy by adding more chicken stock. If you add milk, it will be too thin or even curdled once reheated.
What is the best way to cut the chicken cube steaks?
Cutting the chicken cube steaks thinly is one of the most critical steps in making this recipe. The more you have to work with, the more it will be easier to cut. The thinner you cut your chicken, the more moisture and flavor it will absorb from whatever it touches, from frying to the finished dish (like whatever gravy you add).
Can I use store-bought chicken stock or broth instead of making my own?
You absolutely can! If using store-bought chicken stock, bring it to a boil before adding it to your mixture. The extra flavor of homemade chicken stock is always preferred, so canned or boxed broths are not recommended.
How to make fried chicken without a deep fryer?
This recipe calls for a medium-high temperature, but you can easily make it without a deep fryer by using an electric skillet. You should ensure your electric skillet is at medium heat before placing the chicken into the skillet. You can also make your fried chicken in batches, preventing them from sticking to each other.
How to make Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe gluten-free?
If you make this recipe gluten-free, you can simply replace the flour or cornstarch with a gluten-free flour mixture. You can find many gluten-free flour mixes in your local grocery store. Just remember to make sure the flour you use is labeled gluten-free.
What can I serve with the Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe?
You can serve this recipe with white rice and corn on the cob, but try to avoid serving fried potatoes.
What equipment do I need for the Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe?
You will need a medium-sized pot, a medium-sized skillet, and a small bowl. This recipe is easy to make; it’s just mixing and frying the ingredients. You don’t need any complicated tools or anything special.
How To Store Texas roadhouse country fried chicken recipe?
When you are storing fried chicken, make sure to keep it in an airtight container or cover it with a lid. You can store your chicken in a Ziploc bag and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken?
There are many ways to reheat the fried chicken. The easiest way is to place the chicken in a skillet without adding additional oil. If you want to keep the crust crispy and crunchy, turn off the heat once you hear the sizzle from your first piece of chicken before adding the others.
We hope that you enjoyed this Texan roadhouse country fried chicken recipe. Fried chicken is one of the most memorable meals in Texas as it does taste like the fried chicken to get out of a country joint.
Whether you want to eat it with mashed potatoes or white rice, Texas Roadhouse fried chicken is sure to be a hit in anybody’s home.