Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe is an easy, mouthwatering recipe that your family and guests will love. The cooking process of this recipe is simple, with few ingredients, all easily found in a grocery store.
The process includes coating the chicken with dry rub (salt, pepper, paprika), dripping some olive oil on it, along with a tablespoon of honey, and sprinkling it with brown sugar for caramelized taste. This Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe is one of those recipes that will make your taste buds go crazy!
What is the Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe?
Smokehouse is a famous Nashville, Tennessee restaurant that started cooking dishes in the southern barbeque style. It is best known for its mouthwatering smoked meat, chicken, and turkey, which taste so good and manly.
There are various types of BBQ sauce that you can get from the Smokehouse restaurant menu. The recipe named “BBQ chicken sandwich” is one recipe you can get on the menu.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy to medium
How to make a Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Four slices of bacon
- Four hamburger buns
- Four pieces of cheddar cheese
- Red onion, if desired
Instructions For Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
Your oven should be heated to 400°F.
Smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper are used to season the chicken breasts. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Over the chicken breasts, generously apply the BBQ sauce.
The chicken breasts should be cooked in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Crisp the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat while the chicken cooks. Use paper towels to drain.
After the chicken has finished cooking in the oven, take it out and let it rest for a few minutes. After that, cut it into thin strips. Grill or bake the hamburger buns in the oven.
Place a slice of cheddar cheese on the bottom half of each bun to make the sandwiches. Layer on the bacon, lettuce, tomato, sliced chicken, and red onion (if using).
Place the top half of the bun on top of the chicken and drizzle more BBQ sauce over it. Enjoy your delicious Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich right away!
Additional Tips For Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- Use organic, fresh, high-quality chicken breast for the best results. Your chicken will be succulent, tender, and bursting with flavor as a result.
- Before cooking, marinate the chicken for a few hours in water, salt, sugar, and herbs to preserve its flavor and moisture.
- Before grilling or smoking, generously season your chicken with your preferred barbecue seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- For that authentic smoky flavor, consider smoking your chicken for a few hours with your preferred wood chips. Mesquite, applewood, and hickory are all excellent choices.
- Pick a barbecue sauce that goes well with the chicken’s smoky flavor. This recipe calls for sweet and tangy sauces with a hint of heat.
- Toasting the bun will give the sandwich a nice crunch and keep it from getting soggy.
- Sliced red onion, pickles, lettuce, or coleslaw are some of your favorite toppings to add to your sandwich.
Precautions For Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- When handling raw chicken, always follow safe food operating practices. Before and after taking the chicken, thoroughly wash your hands, cutting board, and utensils.
- To reduce the likelihood of foodborne illness, cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Before serving, check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer.
- Keep raw chicken away from other ingredients and surfaces used to prepare and serve food to prevent cross-contamination.
- When handling hot items like cooked chicken and BBQ sauce, be careful. Protect your hands by putting them in oven mitts or kitchen towels.
- Flare-ups caused by barbecue sauce can result in a grease fire on the grill or in the oven. In an emergency, keep a water spray bottle or fire extinguisher nearby.
Nutrition Facts Of Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
|Saturated fat||7 g|
5 Best Variations Of Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Spicy Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add heat to your sandwich by mixing hot sauce or cayenne pepper into your BBQ sauce. You can also add jalapenos or other spicy peppers to your toppings.
2. Bacon Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add some crispy bacon to your sandwich for an extra layer of smokiness and flavor. You can cook the bacon separately or wrap it around the chicken before grilling.
3. Hawaiian Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add a tropical twist to your sandwich by adding some pineapple rings and teriyaki sauce. This sweet and savory combination will be sure to satisfy your taste buds.
4. Avocado Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add some creamy avocado to your sandwich for a healthy twist. Mash some ripe avocado and spread it onto your bun, or slice it and add it to your toppings.
6. Mediterranean Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add Mediterranean flavors to your sandwich by topping it with feta cheese, roasted red peppers, and tzatziki sauce. This combination of flavors will take your sandwich to the next level.
Whether you’re a barbecue fan, you will surely enjoy this mouthwatering Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe. Carefully read through the steps before beginning to ensure everything is together, ready, and waiting for your delicious BBQ chicken sandwich. Remember to serve it with a side of fries, coleslaw, and plenty of napkins for your ‘full’ mouth.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make A Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich?
To make your Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich, you will need: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, your favorite barbecue sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (optional), salt and pepper to taste, slices of bacon, hamburger buns, slices of cheddar cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Red onion, if desired.
How Do I Tell When Chicken Is Cooked?
You can check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked. Chicken should be cooked to a temperature of 165°F (74°C), but follow any additional guidelines on the chicken package for meat safety and quality.
What Kind Of Cheese Should I Use For A Barbecue Sandwich?
Providing you are using medium-strength cheese with some flavor, you can use any cheese. Use an in-house cheddar or medium Swiss cheese, provolone, or mozzarella.
Cooking the cheese in your sandwich before adding it to the bun is essential. This will ensure it melts fully and becomes an even part of your sandwich.
What Is The Best Way To Serve My Sandwich?
You can serve your smoked chicken sandwich on a freshly baked bun, but it will taste even better on a hot and toasted pretzel bun. Add toppings such as sauteed onions, thickly sliced tomatoes, pickles, shredded lettuce, and more.
How Long Do I Have To Let My Chicken Grill Or Smoke?
It usually takes about 20 minutes to cook chicken on the grill or in a smoker. Check after 20 minutes to ensure that it has been cooked thoroughly. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
How Can I Keep My Chicken From Drying Out?
The best way to prevent dry chicken is to first season the skin with your favorite BBQ dry rub, then brush it with butter before cooking. Always cook the skin side down to ensure the skin won’t burn before the chicken has cooked.
What Is The Best Way To Grill Or Cook The Chicken For The Sandwich?
You have a few options to keep your chicken from falling apart while grilling. Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you can butterfly or pound it to an even thickness.
This will prevent it from breaking. You can also cut the breast into equal halves or thirds once the chicken has cooled so that you can easily use two or three pieces of cut chicken for each sandwich.
Is It Necessary To Marinate The Chicken Before Grilling It For The Sandwich?
Not if you’re short on time, but if you have the time to marinade the chicken, it will give it much more flavor. Some recipes call for grilling, but many BBQ chicken cookers swear by smoking the chicken. Smoking your chicken allows it to soak up all of the yummy flavors and aromas from your smokehouse or smoker.
Can The Recipe Be Made Using A Slow Cooker Or An Instant Pot?
You can easily make the recipe in a slow cooker, or if you want to cut the cooking time even more, you can use an Instant Pot. To make this recipe on a stovetop, set the Instant Pot to saute and brown the chicken for about 2 minutes.
Add in your BBQ sauce and spices, and set it for manual for 3 minutes at high pressure. Allow the pressure to release naturally before opening the lid. Shred with two forks, add cheese if desired; stir until melted and serve on pretzel buns.
What Are The Health Benefits Of The Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipes?
The Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipes are also great for your health. They are low in carbohydrates, low in fats, and calories.
Neither the bacon nor the avocado added to the sandwich is high in fat and will help you become fuller for a more extended period. Homemade barbecue sauce is high in vitamins and nutrients and contains plenty of antioxidants.
1 thought on “Smokehouse BBQ chicken sandwich recipe: Easy Unique Making Instructions”