Blackened chicken sandwich recipe is an easy, simple, and delicious recipe that is an excellent meal with a few ingredients. It’s quick and easy to make and is a great summertime sandwich. The spices pair well with the sweet honey mustard dressing that goes on top of it all.
This is a perfect recipe for sandwiches or wraps when you need something quick for lunch or dinner! The blackened chicken sandwich can be served as is or turned into sliders by cutting each loaf into four round pieces before cooking them in the skillet.
What is the Blackened chicken sandwich recipe?
The blackened chicken sandwich is a quick and easy recipe with a sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing that goes on top of it all. It’s an excellent summertime sandwich, perfect for barbecuing on the grill or grilling in the oven.
The Blackened chicken sandwich uses a spice mixture called “Blackening seasoning.” This is very easy to prepare, and the spices pair well with the sweet honey mustard dressing that goes on top of it all.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
How To Make A Blackened chicken sandwich recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Blackened chicken sandwich recipe:
- 2 skinless, boneless breasts of chicken
- paprika, two tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of powdered garlic
- one teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/fourth cup dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1 salt shaker
- Black pepper, half a teaspoon
- 1/four teaspoon cayenne
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- Burger buns, four
- Cut-up tomatoes
- Spicy Mayo sauce (optional)
Instructions For The Blackened chicken sandwich recipe:
Set the oven temperature to 375°F.
Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
The spice mixture should be applied to both sides of the chicken breasts. In a skillet, heat the olive oil to a medium-high temperature. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts.
The chicken should be browned and blackened after being cooked on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until it is fully cooked, in a baking dish that has been preheated.
Using a toaster or a broiler, toast the hamburger buns. The sandwiches should be assembled by placing a chicken breast on each bun: a layer of mayonnaise, tomato slices, lettuce, and hot sauce.
Additional Tips For Blackened chicken sandwich recipe:
- You can customize the level of spice. Increase the amount of cayenne pepper if you prefer your food to be spicy. Cayenne pepper should be reduced if you choose less heat.
- Before seasoning and cooking, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. They won’t dry out and cook evenly as a result of this.
- If you can, use a skillet made of cast iron. Cast iron skillets must evenly distribute heat for a good sear on the chicken.
- When cooking the chicken, do not overcrowd the skillet. The chicken may become tough and rubbery if it steams instead of searing in a crowded skillet.
- Before slicing and putting the sandwiches together, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes. The chicken will become more tender and juicy due to this distributed distribution of the juices.
- A blackened chicken sandwich can be topped with grilled onions, avocado, bacon, cheese, and other delicious ingredients. To add variety, you can also try using different kinds of bread, like ciabatta or sourdough.
Precautions For Blackened chicken sandwich recipe:
- Before cooking the chicken breasts, shake off the excess seasoning mixture on both sides.
- If you prefer less spice, reduce the cayenne pepper used in the recipe.
- Blackened chicken sandwiches may be served hot or cold, depending on your preference and meal plan.
- You can also make sliders by cutting the chicken into 4 round pieces before cooking it in the skillet.
- You may also grill or cook the chicken breast in an oven-proof skillet instead of a skillet made from cast iron.
- Do not overcook or dry out the chicken breasts when making this recipe. It should be browned on both sides and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes to retain moisture and proper texture when eating.
Nutrition Facts Of Blackened chicken sandwich recipe:
|Saturated fat||0.4 mg|
|Dietary fibers||2.6 gm|
5 Best Variations Of Blackened chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Sandwich with Cajun Blackened Chicken:
Top the sandwich with sliced jalapenos and Cajun mayo-mayonnaise seasoned with Cajun seasoning-after adding some Cajun seasoning to the spice mixture.
2. Sandwich with Blackened Chicken Caesar:
Top the sandwich with Parmesan cheese, crispy bacon, and Caesar dressing for a tasty take on the standard Caesar salad.
3. Sandwich with Buffalo Blackened Chicken:
To give the sandwich a spicy kick, drizzle some hot sauce on top of the blue cheese dressing, sliced celery, and spice mix.
4. Sandwich with Blackened Chicken and Avocado:
Top the sandwich with sliced avocado, bacon, and a creamy ranch dressing for a delectable and satiating meal.
5. Sandwich with Mediterranean Blackened Chicken:
For a Mediterranean take on the classic sandwich, top it with hummus, sliced cucumber, feta cheese, and balsamic glaze.
The blackened chicken sandwich is a delicious, savory grilled sandwich you can enjoy with friends and family. The recipe is easy to make, and the flavors blend well together to create a fantastic meal that everyone will ask you for more!
Keep visiting us to get more yummy food recipes like this one. We have many yummy food recipes that can be made in your kitchen.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
The ingredients needed to make a blackened chicken sandwich recipe are simple and easy to find. The spices add flavor to the chicken.
You can use any sauce that you like. Skinless, boneless breasts of chicken, paprika, powdered garlic, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt shaker, Black pepper, cayenne, Olive oil, Burger buns, Lettuce, Cut-up tomatoes, Spicy Mayo sauce (optional).
What Is The Best Way To Make A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
You can prepare the ingredients and then start cooking the blackened chicken in an oven-heated skillet or another cooking vessel, occasionally turning the chicken until it is cooked. You may also use a grill instead of an oven, but it takes more time and effort.
What Precautions Should I Take When Making A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
You may not need to take any precautions since there are no ingredients in the recipe; the spices add flavor to the chicken. If you want a spicy sandwich, add some hot sauce or hot sauce mayo and serve it with spicy Cajun chips.
How Long Do I Cook A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
Following the fitting cooking instructions, you can start preparing the ingredients and cook the blackened chicken. In both methods, you can turn the chicken slices occasionally, so they cook evenly.
How Do I Prepare The Chicken For A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
You can prepare the chicken breasts by pounding them to an even thickness, so they cook evenly and do not dry out. Then sprinkle the cajun spices on both sides of the chicken before cooking it in an oven-heated skillet on both sides.
Should I Add Any Toppings Or Condiments To My Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
Add toppings that go well with the chicken and spices. Add spicy mayo sauce to give the sandwich some kick and flavor. Let your creativity and imagination guide you to decide what to add.
How Do I Eat A Blackened Chicken Sandwich?
You can enjoy the sandwich by cutting the grilled chicken breast into halves (or quarters) and more halves (or quarters). Please put it on a bun and add some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and other condiments that go well with the blackened chicken.
You may also put on blue cheese dressing or ranch sauce, which is also tasty with it. Serve it with Cajun chips if you like them spicy.
Can I Make A Healthier Blackened Chicken Sandwich Using Alternative Ingredients Or Cooking Methods?
No ingredients or cooking methods can change any dish’s nutritional value or spare you from all health risks and benefits. You may use other spices, but the recipe will still be healthy to eat, and this is because it only uses herbs that are healthy for your body and satisfies your taste buds.
What Are The Health Benefits Of The Blackened Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
Eating a sandwich is a great way to get your daily serving of protein, fat, and carbs. This dish is rich in all types of nutrients, like potassium, which helps stimulate the heart and blood flow. It also contains high levels of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C.