Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers, commonly called “Cane’s Chicken Fingers” or “Cane’s Chicken Tenders,” are a popular menu item at Raising Cane’s, a fast-food restaurant chain.
These chicken fingers are made from boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins that are marinated, breaded, and deep-fried to perfection.
They are known for their tender and juicy interior and a crispy, flavorful coating on the outside.
What Is The Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers?
Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers, commonly called “chicken fingers” or “chicken tenders,” are a popular menu item at Raising Cane’s, a fast-food restaurant chain.
They are known for their simple yet delicious preparation and are often served with a side of Raising Cane’s signature dipping sauce, Cane’s Sauce.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Marinate Time: Marinating the chicken typically takes at least 30 minutes, but it’s even better if you marinate it for a few hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preparation Time: The preparation time, including breading the chicken, can take 15 minutes, assuming you’ve already marinated the chicken.
- Breading Time: Coating the chicken in the seasoned flour mixture takes 5-10 minutes.
- Frying Time: Frying the chicken fingers takes 5-7 minutes per batch. You may need to cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Total Time: If we add up all these times, it comes to roughly 1 hour if you include marinating time. Remember that the marinating time can vary, and you can reduce the preparation time if you’ve already marinated the chicken in advance.
- Serving: This recipe typically yields 4-6 servings, but you can adjust the quantities based on your needs.
How Do You Make Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers?
Essential Ingredients For Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers:
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Breading
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
Essential Instructions For The Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers:
Marinate the Chicken
Place the chicken tenders in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken, ensuring they are fully coated.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably for a few hours or overnight. This helps tenderize the chicken and infuse it with flavor.
Prepare the Breading
Combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Mix well to ensure even distribution of the seasonings.
Bread the Chicken
Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large, deep skillet to 350-375°F (175-190°C). Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off.
Dredge each chicken tender in the seasoned flour mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated. Press the breading onto the chicken to make it adhere.
Fry the Chicken
Carefully place the breaded chicken tenders into the hot oil. Be cautious not to overcrowd the pan, which can lower the oil temperature and produce less crispy chicken.
Fry the chicken tenders for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Drain and Serve
Remove the fried chicken tenders from the oil using a slotted spoon or tongs and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Serve the homemade chicken tenders hot with your favorite dipping sauce. You can try replicating the Cane’s Sauce or using any sauce you prefer.
Additional Tips For Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers:
- Use High-Quality Chicken: Start with fresh, high-quality chicken breast tenders for the best results. This will ensure that your chicken fingers are tender and flavorful.
- Marinate in Buttermilk: Marinating the chicken adds flavor and helps tenderize the meat. Longer marinating times can lead to even more flavorful results.
- Season the Flour Mixture: Combining seasonings in the flour mixture is critical to achieving that signature Raising Cane’s flavor. Adjust the seasonings to taste, and don’t be afraid to experiment with additional spices like cayenne pepper for some heat.
- Maintain Oil Temperature: Maintaining the correct oil temperature throughout frying is crucial. Use a thermometer to monitor the oil and adjust the heat as needed to keep it between 350-375°F (175-190°C). This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
- Avoid Crowding the Pan: Overcrowding the frying pan can lower the oil temperature and result in soggy chicken fingers. Fry in batches if necessary, giving each piece enough space to cook evenly.
- Drain Excess Oil: Place the chicken fingers on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil after frying. This helps keep the breading crispy.
Precautions For Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers:
- Hot Oil Safety: Be extremely cautious when working with hot oil. Use a deep-fryer or a heavy, deep skillet with high sides. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby, and never leave hot oil unattended.
- Avoid Overcooking: Overcooking chicken tenders can make them dry and less enjoyable. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) without overcooking.
- Breading Techniques: When breading the chicken, use one hand for the wet buttermilk and the other for the dry flour mixture. This helps prevent clumps and keeps your hands from getting too sticky.
- Safely Dispose of Used Oil: Once you’re done frying, allow the used oil to cool completely before disposing it. You can reuse oil if desired, but strain it to remove any food particles.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: Be mindful of food allergies or dietary restrictions when preparing the chicken fingers. Adjust the recipe and ingredients accordingly to accommodate different dietary needs.
Nutrition Facts Of Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers
|Total Fat||80 grams|
|Saturated Fat||20 grams|
|Total Carbohydrates||160 grams|
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific items you order and portion sizes.
Raising Cane’s is known for its delicious but indulgent offerings, so it’s essential to enjoy their meals in moderation if you’re concerned about calorie or fat intake.
Suppose you have specific dietary restrictions or health concerns. In that case, it’s a good idea to check for detailed nutritional information on the restaurant’s official website or consult a healthcare professional for guidance on making healthier choices.
5 Best Variations Of Raising Cane’s Fried Chicken Fingers
While Raising Cane’s is known for its classic fried chicken fingers served with Cane’s Sauce.
You can get creative and try variations to add different flavors and textures to your meal. Here are five popular variations of Raising Cane’s fried chicken fingers:
1. Spicy Chicken Fingers
Add some heat to your chicken fingers by incorporating cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce into the breading mixture. For balance, you can also make a spicy dipping sauce using ingredients like hot sauce, mayonnaise, and honey.
2. Parmesan Crusted Chicken Fingers
After breading your chicken fingers, sprinkle them with grated Parmesan cheese before frying. The cheese will melt and create a crispy, savory crust on the chicken.
3. Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Fingers
Combine garlic powder with grated Parmesan cheese in the breading mixture for a garlic-infused and cheesy coating on your chicken fingers. Serve with a creamy garlic dipping sauce.
4. Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Fingers
After frying your chicken fingers, toss them in a homemade honey mustard glaze made from honey, Dijon mustard, and a touch of mayonnaise. This adds a sweet and tangy twist to the classic flavor.
5. BBQ Chicken Fingers
Instead of the traditional Cane’s Sauce, serve your chicken fingers with barbecue sauce for a smoky and tangy flavor. Add some shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon bits for a BBQ chicken strip variation.
Raising Cane’s is a popular fast-food restaurant known for its delicious fried chicken fingers, often called chicken tenders or chicken strips.
These chicken fingers are made from marinated and breaded chicken breast tenderloins and are known for their tenderness and flavor.
Raising Cane’s offers a simple menu focusing on chicken fingers, served with their signature Cane’s Sauce, and sides like crinkle-cut fries, coleslaw, and Texas toast.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What is Raising Cane’s known for?
Raising Cane’s is known for its signature fried chicken fingers, often chicken tenders or strips.
What is Cane’s Sauce?
Cane’s Sauce is Raising Cane’s signature dipping sauce. It’s a creamy and tangy sauce with a hint of garlic and Worcestershire sauce. It’s a favorite among customers and is often served with chicken fingers.
Are there any vegetarian or vegan options at Raising Cane’s?
Raising Cane’s is primarily known for its chicken-based menu, so there are limited vegetarian or vegan options. Some locations may offer coleslaw and Texas toast as vegetarian sides, but the main focus is on chicken.
Does Raising Cane’s offer any gluten-free options?
Raising Cane’s does not advertise specific gluten-free options, as their menu centers on breaded chicken. If you have gluten sensitivities or allergies, you must check with the restaurant for any gluten-free accommodations or alternatives.