Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe is a fast and easy recipe for a good chicken sandwich. You must buy either pre-made barbecue sauce or make your own to make this tasty meal.
It would help to have bread rolls, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. This is a five-ingredient recipe with no hard steps. This is a wonderfully simple recipe and a delicious meal.
What is the Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe?
This is a recipe for a Panera chicken sandwich with barbecue sauce. You need to have five ingredients, and then you can enjoy this tasty and filling meal.
“Panera is a restaurant known for its wide variety of food choices and delicious sandwiches.” “The dish is usually made with pre-made barbecue sauce, so you must buy it or create your own to make this tasty meal.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4-6 people
- Difficulty: Easy
How to make a Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Two tablespoons honey mustard
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Four brioche buns
- Four cheddar cheese slices
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Serve with pickles, lettuce, and tomato slices
Instructions For Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
The grill should be heated to medium-high. On both sides, season the chicken breasts with Salt and pepper.
The chicken should be grilled for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked. During the last few minutes of cooking, brush the chicken with BBQ sauce on both sides and allow the sauce to caramelize on the chicken.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and a pinch of Salt and pepper while the chicken grills.
Remove the chicken from the grill when it is done to your liking, and allow it to rest for a few minutes. The brioche buns should be lightly toasted on the grill during this time.
Spread the honey mustard mayo on the bottom half of the bun to make the sandwich. The chicken breast should be placed on the bun and topped with a slice of cheddar cheese. On top of the chicken, add chopped parsley and sliced red onion.
Add the other half of the bun on top. If desired, garnish with tomato slices, pickles, and lettuce.
Additional Tips For Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- For the sandwich, use fresh ingredients like good BBQ sauce, fresh vegetables, and high-quality chicken breast.
- Before grilling or cooking the chicken, season it with Salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice to enhance its flavour.
- The grilled chicken’s smoky flavour and crispy texture will enhance the sandwich’s flavour.
- To make the sandwich’s bun crispy and warm, toast it first. The bun can be toasted with a toaster or a pan.
- To enhance the sandwich’s flavour and texture, add toppings of your choice, such as lettuce, cheese, sliced avocado, and red onions.
- Brush the chicken with bar-b-que sauce while barbecuing or cooking it, and add more spice to the sandwich before giving it a sweet and tart flavour.
- To complete the meal, serve the sandwich with chips, fries, or a salad.
Precautions For Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
- You can use store-bought barbecue sauce or even make your own. If you use store-bought barbecue sauce, ensure the ingredients are clean and healthy.
- When cooking the chicken breasts, you must cook them until they are done to your liking.
- Chicken should be cooked thoroughly to prevent food poisoning and bacterial contamination.
- Add more spice or zest to the chicken by adding your favourite seasonings or spicy BBQ sauce.
- If you prepare homemade honey mustard mayo, ensure the ingredients are organic and clean.
- You can grill the buns on your grill or the toaster.
- Use high-quality and fresh ingredients in making this Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe, like using fresh garlic and onion instead of dried garlic or onion powder.
- To enjoy a good meal, serve this dish with a side of fries or fresh fruit.
Nutrition Facts Of Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe:
|Total Fat||15.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|
5 Best Variations Of Panera BBQ chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Classic BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
This classic recipe includes grilled chicken breast topped with BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, red onions, and lettuce, served on a brioche bun.
2. Spicy BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
Add sliced jalapenos or pepper jack cheese to the classic recipe for a kick of heat.
3. BBQ Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich:
Combine the traditional recipe with ranch dressing and crispy bacon to make a BBQ Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich.
4. Barbeque Chicken Avocado Sandwich:
Add sliced avocado and fresh cilantro to transform the traditional dish into a BBQ Chicken Avocado Sandwich.
5. BBQ Chicken and Slaw Sandwich:
Top the BBQ chicken with homemade slaw made with cabbage, carrots, and a tangy dressing for a great crunch and additional texture. Serving it up
From the above, it is clear that this particular recipe is delicious and healthy. With all the vegetables, it is also nutritious and provides many vitamins, minerals and proteins to the entire body, hence health benefits. One can add different choice ingredients to enhance its flavour to make it appealing to everyone’s taste buds.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Are The Ingredients Used To Make Panera Chicken Breast Sandwiches?
The ingredients used to make Panera chicken breast sandwich include boneless, skinless chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, garlic powder, honey mustard, apple cider vinegar, Salt and pepper to taste, brioche buns, cheese slices, sliced red onion, chopped fresh parsley, Serve with pickles, lettuce, and tomato slices.
What Are The Ingredients Used To Make Panera Chicken Sandwich Sauce?
The ingredients used to make the sauce include Smoked paprika, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, Salt and pepper.
What Are The Ingredients Used To Make Panera Chicken Salad?
The ingredients used to make Panera chicken salad include lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, and grilled or roasted chicken breast chunks.
Cut into small pieces grape tomatoes and slices of red onion. The salad dressing is made from extra-virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar with Salt and pepper added to taste.
Does Panera Offer Gluten-Free Menu Items?
Panera offers gluten-free menu items, which include salads and sandwiches. The chicken salad is an excellent choice as it will be full of nutrients from the vegetables used in the salad.
Can I Make A Panera Chicken Sandwich Recipe With A Gluten-Free Bun?
Panera offers gluten-free buns as an option for customers. You can choose between a regular or gluten-free bun to make your sandwich. Both are great options for customers.
What Kind Of Bread Is Best For A Panera-Style Chicken Sandwich?
The best choice is ciabatta bread. Ciabatta bread is soft and thick enough to hold up all the sandwich ingredients. Ciabatta bread has more air pockets than regular sliced white bread, which keeps the sandwich fresh as it sits on the counter while waiting to be eaten.
Place ciabatta buns directly on the flame for grilling, or use a grill pan with ridges to better absorb butter and seasonings.
Can One Add Grilled Vegetables To The Chicken Breast Sandwiches?
Grilling vegetables is an easy way to diversify your lunch options. Some great choices include zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, red onions and portobello mushrooms.
Onions are exceptionally flavorful when grilled. Grill the vegetables on a pan brushed with basting oil instead of foil for a browned taste.
What Are The Health Benefits Of The Panera Chicken Sandwich?
Chicken is one of the most nutritious and nutrient-dense foods. It is rich in protein and essential amino acids, thus increasing the feeling of fullness, enhancing metabolism and, lowering insulin levels in the body, helping maintain healthy cholesterol levels.