Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is a delicate dish with an Asian flavor. In addition, similarly found all over East and Southeast Asia. This dish can be made using chicken and Kimchi, the main ingredients.
Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is an easy-to-prepare food that does not require much time to cook, so you can have it whenever you feel like it. The preparation for this dish is quite simple: all you need to do is fry the Kimchi briefly, then add the rice and mix well.
What is the Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
Kimchi, a fried rice recipe with chicken, is an exotic recipe you can try out when you are in the mood for Asian food. This dish is commonly served in all Korean restaurants and has a spicy flavor. It is one of the most popular recipes in Asia, and many people from this part of the world eat this dish regularly.
Although Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is considered exotic, it can be easily prepared at home by using ingredients readily available in any kitchen.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
How to make Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
- 250g (or 8oz or 1 cup) sushi rice (you can use another type of rice such as Jasmine or Basmati if you don’t have sushi rice)
- 8 ounces of chicken, cut into small pieces (about 1 inch)
- One large carrot-grated
- 2 tsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
- 80g (or 3oz or ½ cup) kimchi
- Two cloves of garlic – crushed
- One red pepper chopped into 1 cm square pieces
- 2 or 3 eggs (depending on how many people you are serving)
- One teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1 tbsp Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
Cook the rice:
In the first place, cook the rice the night before according to the packet instructions or before you make the rest of the dish if you could not do it the night before.
Make the sauce:
Mix the Korean red paste (Gochujang), soy sauce, and kimchi juice in a bowl or jug. Ensure all lumps are removed, and the sauce is smooth.
Then set your wok or frying pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp oil, onion, and ginger and fry for a few minutes until the onion is soft.
Then add the chicken and cook on high heat for a few minutes until the outside is no longer pink.
Also, add the Kimchi, grated carrots, and red pepper and cook for a few more minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
And reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and mix it with the vegetables until it gets hot. Pour on the sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Leave the wok or frying pan on low heat until you fry the eggs.
Fry the eggs:
Set another frying pan on medium to high heat and add the remaining oil. Crack the eggs into a pan when the oil is hot and fry until the yolks are set, and the edges start to brown a little.
In like manner, plate up the rice while the eggs cook and top it with the fried eggs when they are ready.
Add the toppings. Top with spring onions, sesame seeds, and optional nori strips, and serve.
- To make this dish spicier, add more Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang) to your desired level of spiciness by adjusting the amount according to your taste preferences.
- The Kimchi used in this recipe should be made with Korean cabbage and not the average sauerkraut.
- Add some Korean chili paste (gochujang) to the sauce when you make this dish, as it has a great flavor.
- Eating this dish with other dishes such as chicken thighs, pancakes, or dumplings will taste even better if you fry them together with the chicken before adding them to the wok or frying pan.
- You should not deep fry the Kimchi as it is; however, if you do, mixing it with the rice in a bowl is strongly recommended before adding it to the wok or frying pan. Otherwise, it will float around in the sauce and make a mess.
- You can adapt this dish to whatever ingredients you like by using whatever vegetables and meat you prefer.
Precautions For Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken:
- If you need to store the Kimchi for a long time, freeze it before it gets spoiled.
- Ensure you use high heat when cooking the Kimchi fried rice with chicken to prevent it from burning and sticking to the pan.
- Kimchi, a fried rice recipe with chicken, is best when served piping hot, but you can save some time by refrigerating the rice for the night before.
- This dish is not spicy, but you can add more gochujang if you want and add some red pepper flakes for a bit of spice.
- Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is a traditional Korean dish with a slightly sour flavor. If you find this dish too sour, adjust the Kimchi amount to your liking.
- You can use some sweet chili sauce or a little sugar to make this dish less spicy.
Nutrition facts of Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken:
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
7 healthy benefits of Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken:
1. Low Blood Pressure:
Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is a low-pressure food item; hence, it can be used as a treatment for high blood pressure.
2. Improves Heart Health:
Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken contains potassium, calcium, and iron, essential minerals for the heart. Also, this dish contains magnesium which is required for good cardiovascular health. So Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken can be considered an ideal dish for maintaining heart health.
3. Prevents Cholesterol:
We all know that foods rich in potassium can lower the levels of bad Cholesterol, and Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is one such dish. Also, with a daily potassium intake, you can fight the risk of heart disease.
4. Prevents Fatigue:
Fatigue can result from low energy levels in the body, which are triggered by stress and low blood sugar levels. Eating Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken regularly can keep fatigued away from you.
5. Prevents Arthritis:
Kimchi, a fried rice recipe with chicken, is rich in vitamin E and silicon, essential nutrients that can help reduce joint pain and swelling.
6. Healthy Vision:
Antioxidants found in Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken protect your vision from diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration. Eating Kimchi fried rice with chicken regularly can ensure you maintain your ideal vision throughout life.
7. Healthy Bones:
Taking any food item with a good amount of vitamin K can help prevent bone loss, and the Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is rich in vitamin K.
What is the best way to make Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
The easiest way to make Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is by frying the rice first and then adding your stir-fried mixture of vegetables and chicken at the end.
This allows for a crispy texture outside each grain of rice, which is desirable in this dish. You can also add extra vegetable oil when you fry the rice to ensure it gets cooked well and tastes great.
Can I use any vegetables with the Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
You can use any vegetable to make this recipe. Traditionally, Koreans use many different types of vegetables in their everyday cooking. Some popular vegetables used in this recipe include bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber, spinach, and much more, depending on your taste preferences.
Is it possible to substitute cabbage for Kimchi in this recipe?
In this recipe, you can use cabbage or anything else which is fermented, but the best choice is Kimchi. Try making your version of the Kimchi fried rice recipe to see how delicious it tastes. It’s all up to you how you want to present it.
What kind of meat can I use in this Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
You can’t use raw meat as it is not done traditionally, but you can use cooked meat for this dish. Traditionally, Koreans use pork or chicken, but you can also use tofu if you are vegetarian.
What is the best way to store Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
When refrigerating, separate the layers of Kimchi and rice so that one doesn’t get soggy. To keep them fresh for long periods, separate these layers in a plastic container with a lid.
What is the best way to store Kimchi fried rice?
You can store Kimchi in the refrigerator for about two weeks in an airtight container. If you want to store it for a long time and introduce it to people, you should freeze it before using it. To do this, place the Kimchi in a pan, cover it with water, and freeze it until solid. Then remove and thaw at room temperature.
How To Reheat Leftover Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken?
You can reheat the kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken in the microwave or place it in a pan and heat it, covered, over medium heat. If you use the microwave, ensure you uncover the dish for a few minutes when reheating so that the Kimchi doesn’t get too hot.
Kimchi fried rice recipe with chicken is one of the most popular Korean recipes everyone loves. It’s simple to make and easy to eat.
You can add meat, leafy vegetables, or any other ingredient you like to make it more appealing if you want to add a new vegetable, experiment, as it’s straightforward to cook and make delicious.