Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe is an easy dish for a quick meal. The word is tasty, filling, and relatively healthy compared to other fast foods. The author of the recipes in this book used a few pantry staples and some essential ingredients to create this tasty sandwich.
The recipe is versatile and can be made for any occasion or season. This sandwich recipe can be enjoyed with a side salad or in between two pieces of bread for a quick meal.
What is the Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe?
The Asian fried chicken sandwich is easy to prepare and looks very pleasing on the plate with its vibrant colors and layers. This recipe also calls for very few ingredients you most likely have.
The dish requires minimal cooking time and is perfect for a light dinner or lunch. The Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe is ideal for a special weekend brunch or a weeknight dinner.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty level: Easy
How To Make A Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe:
- Two skinless, boneless breasts of chicken
- all-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Garlic powder, one teaspoon
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- One teaspoon paprika
- 1/tsp. salt
- Black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- 50 ml of buttermilk
- One egg
- frying with vegetable oil
- Four brioche buns
- Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup
- Sriracha hot sauce, one tablespoon
- One tablespoon of honey
- one cup of coleslaw mix
- Two chopped green onions
- Chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup
Instructions For The Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe:
For four thinner pieces, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Whisk the egg and buttermilk in another bowl. Shaking off any excess flour, dip each chicken piece first into the buttermilk mixture, then back into the flour mixture.
In a deep frying pan or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C).
Fry the chicken pieces for 6 to 8 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden brown.
The chicken should be placed on a wire rack to cool slightly after removal from the oil.
Combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, and honey in a small bowl. Brioche buns should be toasted.
Place a piece of fried chicken, coleslaw mix, green onions, and cilantro on top of the sriracha mayo on the buns.
Serve up your tasty Asian fried chicken sandwich and enjoy it!
Additional Tips For Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe:
- Double-coating the chicken will result in a crispier coating. Before frying, dip the chicken pieces first in the flour mixture, then in the buttermilk mixture, and finally back in the flour mixture.
- For added flavor, marinate the chicken in buttermilk short-term in the cooler. The meat will become more tender and flavorful as a result of this.
- You can substitute buttermilk by combining one tablespoon each of white vinegar or lemon juice and one cup of milk. Curdle it by letting it sit for a few minutes.
- Make sure the oil is at the right temperature by using a thermometer. The chicken will burn on the outside and be raw on the inside if the oil is too hot. The chicken will be greasy if the oil is too cold.
- Use a spicier sandwich with hot sauce or more sriracha in the mayo.
- Try not to pack the container while searing the chicken. The chicken won’t cook evenly because the oil’s temperature will drop.
- The sandwich can also be topped with pickled vegetables, sliced jalapenos, or a fried egg.
- Before serving, use a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is at least 165°F (74°C) inside.
Precautions For Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe:
- To avoid cross-contamination, always handle raw chicken carefully and thoroughly wash your hands and surfaces that come into contact with the chicken.
- Exercise caution when working with hot oil to avoid burns and fire hazards. Just in case, keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Before serving, ensure the chicken is safe to eat by cooking it to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
- Read the ingredient labels carefully if you have a food allergy, and make any necessary adjustments to the recipe to accommodate your needs.
- If you are making the sandwich for a group, be aware of any dietary restrictions or preferences your guests may have.
- Use a deep frying pan or deep fryer with a lid to prevent oil from splattering.
- Properly dispose of used oil. It can clog your pipes and cause damage if you pour it down the drain.
- Make sure you use the right kind of oil. Fry in vegetable, canola, or peanut oil for best results. Olive oil and butter, which have low smoke points, should not be used.
Nutrition Facts Of Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe:
5 Best Variations Of Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe-
1. Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich:
Instead of the traditional buttermilk coating, use a Korean-style marinade with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and gochujang chili paste. Top the sandwich with pickled daikon radish, shredded carrots, and a spicy mayo made with gochujang and honey.
2. Thai Fried Chicken Sandwich:
Marinate the chicken in coconut milk, lemongrass, garlic, and fish sauce. Top the sandwich with a slaw made with shredded green papaya, carrots, and Thai basil. Drizzle with a sweet chili sauce.
3. Japanese Katsu Sandwich:
Coat the chicken in panko breadcrumbs instead of flour for an extra crispy texture. Serve the sandwich with a tonkatsu sauce made with Worcestershire, ketchup, and soy sauce. Top with shredded cabbage and pickled ginger.
4. Chinese Five Spice Fried Chicken Sandwich:
Add Chinese five-spice powder to the flour mixture for a warm, aromatic flavor. Top the sandwich with hoisin sauce, sliced cucumber, and scallions.
5. Vietnamese Banh Mi Fried Chicken Sandwich:
Marinate the chicken in fish sauce, sugar, and garlic. Top the sandwich with pickled carrots, daikon radish, sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and a drizzle of sriracha mayo.
Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe will leave you with an excellent taste and won’t break your pocket. It will be a favorite among all. Try the recipe and enjoy it with your family and friends.
The Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe has been mentioned on this page because it is a delicious and mouthwatering recipe.
People Frequently Ask Questions
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make The Asian Fried Chicken Sandwich?
Ingredients needed to make the Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe are as follows: Skinless, boneless breasts of chicken, all-purpose flour, Garlic powder, Onion powder, paprika, Salt,
Black pepper, Buttermilk, Egg, Vegetable oil, Brioche buns, Mayonnaise, Sriracha hot sauce, honey, one cup of coleslaw mix, green onions, and Chopped cilantro.
How To Make The Asian Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
Take a boneless, skinless chicken breast and rinse it with water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Cover the chicken breast with flour and shake it off, so there are no traces of white on the chicken. In a bowl, beat an egg and add buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
What Type Of Chicken Should Be Used For The Sandwich?
Choose the best quality boneless, skinless chicken breasts. To make the best sandwich, use fresh chicken that hasn’t been frozen. Frozen chicken tends to absorb the buttermilk and won’t get as crispy. Use non-frozen chicken for the recipe.
How Do You Make The Buttermilk Marinade For The Chicken?
To make the buttermilk marinade for the chicken, measure 1 cup of buttermilk in a bowl and add ¼ teaspoon of each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and Salt.
In a medium-sized bowl, take all-purpose flour. Add Salt and black pepper and mix it well. Mix the egg with a fork until the egg is incorporated into the flour.
What Type Of Flour Is Used To Coat The Chicken?
To coat the chicken, you can use all-purpose flour. But if you have some hungry kids at home who are not fond of bread, you can use a different type of flour or bread crumbs.
How Should The Chicken Be Fried?
Fry the chicken in oil for about 5 minutes on each side. Or you can also deep fry it in hot oil. Keep turning the chicken every 2 minutes, so all sides get fried evenly. When cooking, ensure the oil temperature is around 375F (190C).
What Type Of Oil Should Be Used For Deep-Frying The Chicken?
In this recipe, we will use canola oil to fry the chicken. But you can use any other type of oil with a high smoke point. If you want to be safe, you can use extra-virgin olive oil or any other vegetable oil.
What Kind Of Seasonings Are Used For The Chicken?
The chicken is seasoned with paprika powder, Salt, and black pepper. Adding paprika will add a nice flavor to the chicken. Don’t forget to season it with Salt and black pepper before adding the flour mixture. This will help to enhance the taste of your Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe.
What Type Of Bread Is Best For The Sandwich?
It would help to use a soft bun or French roll for the best-fried chicken sandwich. This will help to absorb some of the liquid from the buttermilk marinade. Not only that, but it will also help to amplify the taste of your Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe.
Do You Need To Add Extra Ingredients For The Coating?
No extra ingredients are needed to coat the chicken in flour and egg batter. The ingredients used in this recipe are enough for making a delicious Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe.
What Type Of Sauce Is Used For The Sandwich?
You can use a sauce made from mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce for the best taste in your fried chicken sandwich. Combining the two creates a spicy and tangy sauce for your fried chicken sandwich.
How Much-Fried Chicken Is To Serve In The Sandwich?
If you expect hungry kids at home, prepare this recipe in advance. Prepare more than one chicken breast and store it in an airtight container. You can reheat it using a microwave or by baking it in the oven.
If you are making this recipe for yourself, then one chicken breast is enough to make one delicious Asian fried chicken sandwich recipe.