Waffle house grilled chicken recipe is a recipe that comes from a restaurant called waffle house. It’s not difficult to make and will leave your house smelling great. Many restaurants specialize in breakfast foods, but few offer the kind of variety offered by the Waffle House, a juicy meat that is succulent, savory, and tender.
It is flaky and forms a nice crust on the grill. It is full of flavor with a hint of sweetness, making it heavenly to taste. This recipe doesn’t rely on heavy food items like butter or oil but will be just as great without it.
What is the Waffle house grilled chicken recipe?
Simple and quick to make, this waffle house grilled chicken recipe from waffle house is something you can make in the comfort of your home. The chicken is juicy and tender and both moist and savory at the same time. You never have to leave your home to enjoy them
This recipe will help you cook up a great meal for your family that it has been craving. It doesn’t call for unique ingredients or deep frying. It is a simple recipe that anyone can do in their own home.
How To Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 2 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 3
How to make a Waffle house grilled chicken recipe?
- For the waffle house grilled chicken:
- 2-3 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Egg plate:
- Three egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups shredded hash brown
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove tenders from chicken and marinate in ¼ cup of mayonnaise, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and two teaspoons of oil. Add buttermilk.
Beat egg whites until they are foamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add hash brown and give them a good stir around.
Heat a griddle or large skillet on high heat until it is hot enough to sizzle some water droplets on contact with the pan surface.
Cook chicken on one side on high heat until it is lightly browned. Flip over and cook on the other side until it is browned and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Both sides should be lightly browned. Place the chicken in a baking dish set in the oven to keep warm.
Place a bed of hash brown around the chicken breast and add the egg plate of your choice. Serve with egg whites and your favorite juices or drinks, if desired.
- When cooking the grill, cook at a medium-high temperature.
- The egg plate can be placed directly on the hash browns if preferred.
- This recipe is easy to change according to your preferences and tastes. Substitutions can easily be made for your tastes and preferences, such as grilling or frying the chicken or using different types of cheese.
- You can make this delicious recipe more enjoyable by serving it with hash browns. You can also garnish your chicken with any of your favorite vegetables.
- This recipe can be prepared in several ways to fit your needs, tastes, and preferences. You can add spices, herbs, or other seasonings to suit your tastes and preferences.
Precautions For Recipes:
- It would help if you always used a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of meat or any other ingredient before eating it.
- Make sure that you remove tenders from the chicken. If you do not remove the tenders, it will make the waffle house grilled chicken recipe taste bitter when eaten.
- If you are sensitive to flavors, substitutions should be made carefully and with caution so they will not upset your particular taste buds.
- Make sure that you do not overcook the chicken. It can be complex and chewy if you overcook the chicken, which is still rare in the center. You can easily avoid this by starting with medium to high heat and adjusting it to suit your taste.
- This recipe can be made in several ways to fit your needs, tastes, and preferences. You can use different ingredients such as herbs, spices, or seasonings or change other elements like the type of cheese used for garnishing the dish.
Nutrition facts of Waffle house grilled chicken recipe:
|Total Carbohydrates||8.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
5 Amazing serving ideas Waffle house grilled chicken recipe-
1. Serve with salad:
Usually, in professional restaurants, it is served with salad. You can make a salad at home with your favorite vegetables and fruits if you like this idea.
2. Serve with avocados:
You can also serve it on a bed of sliced avocado chunks and squeeze some lemon over the chicken breast before eating them. It will be delicious.
3. Serve with fries:
If you like eating French fries, this idea is definitely for you, and your kids will love it.
4. Serve with macaroni and cheese:
You can serve it with macaroni and cheese in the same bowl. It will look and taste good too.
5. Serve with rice:
If you like eating rice, this recipe is one of your favorites to make at home because it tastes good and is easy to prepare. You can easily prepare this in a large amount of 2-3 cups if you serve many people in your house or office.
How do you grill chicken, so it doesn’t dry?
If you want to grill chicken, you can use a cast iron skillet or a chicken baster, thinking that the fat will drip through. You could also use different types of marinades because they also help prevent the meat from drying out while cooking.
What kind of chicken does Waffle House use?
They use a combination of chicken breast and tenders. It is best to check all of their products to get the exact kind of meat they use. This will help you cook it properly and not overcook it as well.
What kind of cooking oil does Waffle House use?
If available, you can use the same mixture of oil that they use in their waffle recipe. They usually use a blend of vegetable oil and olive oil. However, you can use whatever kind of oil will work for you.
Does the chicken have to be cut and marinated before use?
You should cut the chicken into pieces before marinating for about 30 minutes. You should check the chicken every hour to ensure it does not dry out. They also use buttermilk in their recipe before cooking it. It helps cut down on how long it takes to cook and gives the meat a moist and tender texture.
How Do You Make Waffle house grilled chicken recipe For Kids?
It’s great to have healthy alternatives for kids. When this recipe is made with chicken cutlets and egg whites, you provide kids with a low-fat, high-protein alternative to traditional fried chicken. The hash browns also add a bit of extra potassium for healthy muscle function.
How do you make this recipe if you don’t have a grill, oven, or stove?
You can make this recipe in a waffle iron. Use a waffle maker that has both heating and baking capabilities. There is no need to clean your waffle maker after every use as long as you do not use excessive heat or batter.
Keep the waffles in the freezer until they are ready to be cooked. This is one of the top recipes people like to have on their table when they have guests or want something delicious for dinner.
What are the health benefits of the Waffle house grilled chicken recipe?
This is a good recipe if you want something healthy to eat at home. It is low in calories and fat, making it easier for your health. This will also decrease the chances of you getting a heart attack or stroke.
It also gives you a feeling of fullness when you eat it because it has protein. The P90X nutrition guide recommends replacing your typical fried chicken with this recipe instead of fried chicken to help control your cholesterol levels and waistline.
How Do I Store Waffle house grilled chicken recipe?
It is best to store your finished chicken in an airtight container. The cold temperature of the refrigerator will keep your food fresh and safe for consumption. Frozen, single servings are also a great way to store your food and keep it fresh.
How To Reheat Waffle house grilled chicken recipe?
Stuffing it into your mouth immediately will not give you that much nutritional value. So, you need to reheat your Waffle House grilled chicken in the microwave or on the stovetop to make this dish again.
You can also place it into the oven at 350°F uncovered for 5-10 minutes to warm it up and ensure it does not burn.
Waffle House is one of the world’s most popular restaurants, and this recipe is also popular. This recipe will serve you well if you eat it every day as they do.
However, if you prefer to eat healthy options like this rather than going to a restaurant, then the Waffle House grilled chicken recipe is the way to go.