Turkey fried steak recipe is easy to make and tastes fantastic. It is a recipe you can enjoy with the family or on your own, especially if you like cooking. The ingredients needed to make turkey fried steak vary, but they include spices such as paprika, salt, pepper, or whatever else you prefer.
This recipe has been around for decades and continues to be popular because of its tastiness and versatility. This meal is perfect for any occasion because it can be served as an appetizer or as the main course at dinner.
What is the Turkey fried steak recipe?
The turkey fried steak recipe consists of cubed pieces of meat which are then breaded and fried until crisp. This usually means that the turkey is sliced or cubed and then dipped in egg batter before being coated with crumbs or breadcrumbs.
The meat is then placed in a skillet and cooked over medium to high heat for about three minutes on each side. The beef becomes browned and crispy on the outside but still moist on the inside.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
How to make a Turkey fried steak recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Turkey fried steak recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups (Vegetable Oil)
- Four turkey breast cutlets
- Two teaspoons of salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- One large egg
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Two tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Instructions For Turkey fried steak recipe:
Rinse turkey cutlets and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each one into three thin pieces.
Place the flour, one teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk in the milk and egg until smooth, then whisk in enough vegetable oil to make a thick batter-like consistency that can be poured or spooned easily over the meat.
In another shallow dish, place 2 cups of all-purpose flour. Dip each piece of meat in the egg mixture, then coat with flour.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup of oil to the pan and swirl to coat evenly.
Add one piece of turkey at a time and cook, frequently turning, until golden brown on both sides and still moist inside, about 3-4 minutes per side for every cutlet.
Serve hot with your favorite side dish or roll with some lettuce for a sandwich.
Additional Tips For Turkey fried steak recipe:
- Before breading and frying, pound the turkey cutlets to an even thickness. This will guarantee that they cook uniformly and have a delicate surface.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Dip the turkey cutlets in flour, egg, and seasoned breadcrumbs to improve the breading’s stickiness.
- Before adding the turkey cutlets, heat the oil to the right temperature. The ideal temperature is 177°C to 191°C or 350°F to 375°F.
- To avoid overcrowding the pan, lowering the oil temperature, and making the breading soggy, fry the turkey cutlets in small batches.
- After searing, put the turkey cutlets on a wire rack to deplete the overabundance of oil and keep them firm.
- Mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, or corn are some of your favourite sides to accompany the turkey fried steak. Enjoy!
Precautions For Turkey fried steak recipe:
- To avoid contamination with other foods, always handle raw turkey with care. Wash all surfaces and utensils that come into contact with the raw turkey, including your hands.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Foodborne illness can result from eating undercooked turkey.
- Be careful not to get hot oil splatters while frying the turkey cutlets. Use a splatter guard if one is available, and do long sleeves.
- Before adding the turkey cutlets, check if the oil has reached the right temperature. The oil may ignite or cause burns if it is overheated. On the off chance that the oil is too excellent, the breading might become spongy.
- The turkey cutlets should be fried in a deep pot or fryer. To prevent oil from spilling out, fill the jar only halfway.
- When cooking with hot oil, keep an eye on pets and children at all times.
- The turkey cutlets will be extremely hot when you remove them from the hot oil. The turkey cutlets should be carefully transferred to a wire rack with tongs or a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts of Turkey fried steak recipe?
|Total fat||20 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
7Healthy benefits Turkey fried steak recipe?
1. Heart Healthy:
Turkey is one of the few types of meat that do not increase cholesterol levels. Cooking with it can even help to lower the bad cholesterol in your blood by as much as 15 percent.
2. Contains vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 is essential for treating and preventing mood disorders such as depression, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), and other disorders connected to mood. It may be beneficial for people who struggle with these things.
3. High in niacin:
Niacin is essential for energy production and for preventing cells from damage. It also plays a vital role in the metabolism of fat and sugar.
4. High in vitamin B3:
It is good to know that this vitamin helps to increase your energy levels, making it a good choice if you feel tired quickly.
5. High in iron:
Iron is essential for the muscles to be able to carry the oxygen they need. It is also used in some parts of red blood cells to help them carry oxygen around the body.
6. Healthy fats:
Turkey is a good source of healthy fats. It contains primarily monounsaturated fat, which has been known to reduce cholesterol levels and significantly lower the risk of heart disease.
7. Rich in zinc:
Zinc is indeed good for the skin and hair. It also helps maintain a healthy immune system, which means it is necessary for preventing infections from your body.
People Frequently Ask Questions
Can I use chicken instead of turkey for this recipe?
In this recipe, you can use chicken instead of turkey. The cooking procedure is the same, but the time it takes to cook depends on how thick the chicken cutlets are. For safe consumption, the chicken must reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). You may likewise have to change the flavouring as indicated by your inclination.
What are the ingredients needed to make fried turkey steak?
Eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, vegetable oil (for frying), turkey cutlets, all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, powder, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper Note that these ingredients are for a basic version of the recipe, and you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. Additionally, depending on the desired servings, you may need to increase the quantities.
How do you cook turkey steaks, so they don’t dry out?
To enjoy the many health benefits that Turkey offers, ensure it is cooked well. It is essential to do this, as dried-out or overcooked turkey can lead to food poisoning.
The best way to cook turkey thoroughly is to allow it to be in the oven for at least 20 minutes before you cook it. While the turkey cooks, ensure it is turned every few minutes so that the meat does not get too much on one side and not the other. This can cause the heart to overcook or undercook, which is something that you do not want.
Add a little oil if the turkey seems stuck on the pan. This will help stop it from sticking and allow you to move it around without too much effort. If you are looking for a meal that gives you a lot of energy and significant health benefits, turkey is something people have relied on for many years, and there is no reason to stop now.
How do you keep breading on chicken fried steak?
Make sure you use a new bag when adding bread crumbs to chicken fried steak. You can keep the breading moist by cooking the chicken fried steak in a seasoned skillet.
Also, if frying chicken fried steak in the pan with bread crumbs in the same skillet, ensure you have enough oil or fat to keep the breading from sticking. If you need to add more oil to your pan before cooking, use olive oil or another healthy grease for cooking your chicken fried steak.
How to store Turkey fried steak recipe?
Storing turkey fried steak is not difficult. However, the key is to make sure it is done right. The easiest way to keep turkey fried steak is to cover it with aluminum foil and place it in a shallow pan filled with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
This will help keep your turkey fried steak moist and tasty when ready to eat it. Also, depending on how much turkey fried steak you have on hand, try using a sealable plastic bag, so you do not have to use as much storage space.
Turkey-fried steak may seem more like a childhood favorite, but it should not be overlooked if you try to eat healthily. Its high protein content can be a fantastic meal choice for those who have to keep an eye on their diet. It is also highly beneficial to certain people who suffer from depression and mood disorders.
So whether you are trying to eat healthily, get a good night’s sleep or make sure you have enough energy to get through your day, turkey fried steak is an excellent choice for your meal.