Thai yellow chicken curry recipe is a hot and spicy dish that is a staple in Thai cooking. It is very flavorful, rich, and hearty. The Thai yellow chicken curry recipe is an excellent dish for comfort eating on those cold winter days.
The Thai yellow chicken curry recipe begins with a rich, creamy, spicy sauce. The chicken is cooked in the sauce until tender, and the flavours of the beautiful Thai spices permeate the meat. If you like Thai food and enjoy curry, this recipe is a must to add to your repertoire.
What is the Thai yellow chicken curry recipe?
The Thai yellow chicken curry recipe is a Thai dish that Western cooks have adapted. The traditional dish includes the use of coconut milk. Coconut milk, however, is a saturated fat product and is unhealthy for the heart, so some recipes use nonfat milk instead.
However, this does not give the same rich creaminess to the dish. Thus, I have modified the recipe using full-fat coconut milk to get the same flavour as the original.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Serving size: 4-5 servings
How to make Thai yellow chicken curry recipe?
Essential Ingredients For Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into reduced-down pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp yellow curry glue
- One can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp earthy-coloured sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- One yellow onion cut
- One red chile pepper cut
- 1 cup cut carrots
- 1 cup cleaved potatoes
- 1 cup cleaved green beans
- 1/4 cup cleaved new cilantro
Directions For Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
Heat the oil in an enormous pot or Dutch broiler over medium intensity.
Add the yellow curry glue and sautéed food for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the chicken and pan-fried food for 3-4 minutes until daintily sautéed.
Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, earthy-coloured sugar, and lime juice. Mix to consolidate.
Add the onion, ringer pepper, carrots, potatoes, and green beans. Mix to join.
Heat the combination to the boiling point, then, at that point, lessen the intensity to low and stew for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are delicate.
Mix in the cilantro and present with steamed rice.
Additional Tips For Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
- For the best flavour, utilize new fixings like lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. You can find these fixings at Asian supermarkets or on the web.
- Fish sauce is a fundamental fix in Thai cooking, adding an exquisite, umami flavour to the curry. Try not to skip it; however, make sure to taste as you go since how much fish sauce you want will rely upon the brand and your inclination.
- Thai yellow curry can be zesty. However, you can change the intensity level by utilizing stew peppers or adding coconut milk to restrain the flavour.
- Cutting the chicken into reduced-down pieces will guarantee that it cooks uniformly and retains the kinds of the curry.
- Toasting the flavours like cumin, coriander, and turmeric before adding them to the curry can draw out their flavours and smells.
Precautions For Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
- Consistently ensure that the chicken is cooked through before serving. Utilize a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken’s inward temperature has reached 165°F (74°C).
- While dealing with crude chicken, make a point to clean up utensils and cutting boards thoroughly before involving them in different fixings.
- The curry glue in the recipe might contain hot chillies and different flavours that can aggravate the skin and eyes. Wear gloves while dealing with the curry glue, and try not to contact your face.
- Coconut milk is a typical fix in Thai curries. However, it can ruin rapidly. Try to utilize new coconut milk and refrigerate any extras expeditiously.
- Utilize an enormous pot or Dutch stove to cook the curry, and ensure forestalling any splatters is sufficiently profound. Be cautious while mixing the curry to try not to splatter hot fluid.
Nutrition Facts Of Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
|Saturated fat||7 g|
5 Unique Serving Ideas For Thai yellow chicken curry recipe:
1. Present with Coconut Rice:
Match the Thai yellow chicken curry with fleecy coconut rice for a heavenly blend. Cook the rice in coconut milk and serve it close by the curry to make a total feast.
2. With Fresh Broiled Noodles:
Add a crunchy surface to your curry by serving it with firm-seared noodles. Just fry noodles until fresh and add them to the curry before serving.
3. Over Steamed Vegetables:
For a better choice, serve the Thai yellow chicken curry over steamed vegetables. Steam different vegetables like carrots, broccoli, and snow peas and put them on a plate. Then, pour the curry over the vegetables and embellishment with new spices.
4. With Naan Bread:
Rather than rice, serve the curry with naan bread to absorb all the delicious sauce. Warm the naan bread on the stove or hot skillet for a couple of moments before serving.
5. In a Bread Bowl:
Take your show to a higher level by serving the curry in a bread bowl. Cut a balance portion of bread fifty and empty it within. Then, at that point, fill the bread bowl with the curry and embellishment with new spices. Present with the bread pieces as an afterthought for plunging.
Making Thai yellow chicken curry is a snap to make. However, it gives an unmistakable and unbelievable flavour! Your cook may likewise comprehend the importance of trying this extraordinary dish. You can utilize new spices to vary the taste and add creaminess to your word.
People Frequently ask questions
What Are The Ingredients Needed To Make Thai Yellow Chicken Curry?
After chicken, yellow curry paste is the main ingredient in this dish. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into reduced-down pieces, Oil, Yellow curry glue, Coconut milk, Fish sauce, Earthy-colored sugar, Lime juice, Yellow onion, cut, Chile pepper, cut, Carrots, Cleaved potatoes, Cleaved green beans, Cleaved new cilantro.
What Are The Side Effects Of Making Thai Yellow Chicken Curry?
Yellow curry is a spicy dish. However, if you take proper precautions, this dish should have no side effects. There are no side effects to making it. However, make sure you follow the recipe precisely.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Thai Yellow Chicken Curry?
Thai yellow curry is a healthy meal. It is not only simple to make but is likewise loaded with vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body.
Mix your Thai yellow chicken curry with some white rice, and you have one of the healthiest meals on the planet. Additionally, this dish has zero cholesterol, meaning it does not affect your blood lipid profile. If you want to increase your potassium intake, this Thai dish is the best bet.
Can I Substitute Chicken With Other Meats Or Tofu In This Recipe?
In this recipe, you can substitute chicken with other meat like pork, duck, or seafood. Likewise, you can substitute chicken with tofu.
The main spice in Thai yellow curry paste is yellow curry powder. There are numerous brands in the market, and they have various flavours, intensities and ingredients. So choosing a brand according to your preference and taste buds would be best.
How Do You Make The Curry Paste From Scratch?
You can buy a ready-made Thai yellow curry paste or make the paste from scratch. An excellent way to make Thai yellow curry paste is to chop up your thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric root.
Add your dried chillies and a little sugar to a blender and pulse until you get a rough paste. Then remove the seeds and add this mixture to the rest of the ingredients in your slow cooker.
Is It Necessary To Use Fish Sauce In The Recipe?
The fish sauce helps give the curry a unique flavour, but you should avoid using it if you are on a diet. However, if you love fish sauce and want to add it to your meal, go ahead with it, but do not use more than one tablespoon of this ingredient.
If you want to be updated with the most recent information on Thai food, join our Thai food newsletter. The membership is completely free, and you will never be spam.
How Do You Adjust The Spiciness Of The Curry To Your Liking?
The curry’s spiciness depends on the curry paste you use. So, if you dislike spicy food, use a mild curry paste. However, if you love spicy food, add more spice to your taste. It is easy to adjust the spiciness of this recipe to your liking.
What Vegetables Go Well With Thai Yellow Chicken Curry?
Potatoes, carrots and green beans are the significant vegetables used in this recipe. However, you can use broccoli, cauliflower and other vegetables you like.
What Is The Best Way To Store Thai Yellow Chicken Curry?
If you want to cook a batch of Thai yellow chicken curry and store it for later, then freeze it in small jars. It will keep the taste intact and tastes fresh when you reheat it later. So ensure you do not overcook your curry while storing it for future use.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan Or Vegetarian?
You can make this recipe vegan using vegetable stock instead of fish sauce and coconut milk. You should include additional spices to give it a flavour similar to chicken. Do not add too many spices, or the bitterness of the curry paste might overpower the vegetable stock.